Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by JenDoon »

This game is off the charts good. I'm in love.

Playing a dark Elf shadow mage (stealth plus magic) and I've had it set to Master difficulty for a while with no problems (except occasionally uber powerful enemies who one shot me).

Dragon fighting is amazing, especially the fact the Dragons AI is off the rails. They literally can do anything during a battle. One came at me from nowhere, but flew over a bandit camp and they all went nuts trying to kill it.

I let them help while I peppered everyone with arrows and magic. Then I looted everyone. When the main theme music kicks in I get a huge....grin.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

JenDoon wrote:Vampires and werewolves are in, and you can become both of them.
OO did you say Vampire, hum intrguing, must read no more about the fights, my copy is arriving tomorrow well fingers crossed, if it doesn't I will go on a Murdering Rampage and try to make the 10 o'clock news :p
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I'm playing a Male Nord, Light armour, sneaky dude, with a sword and shield. Only killed the one dragon so far, and now I'm on my way to see the Greybeards.

Death to Imperials!!!!

I love all the Arnie sound blokes knocking about. I'm just waiting to hear one say 'I'll be back'.

I haven't played as much as I hoped to do. I've got the 'man flu' and don't have the patience.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

Question to everyone who got it.

Did you kill the bear or sneak past it?

I sneaked past it myself.
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

Sneaked past the bear. Love being stealthy... Downed 5-6 dragons, lost count ;) played for 19 hours on day one, just woke up and ready for round two. It is a really great game. Hope they patch up some of the key binding issues. Sounds like people are already working on mods.

One interesting thing is the default recommendations for your video card could be pretty low. When I first fired it up I thought it had definitely become time to replace my trusty 8800 GTX, but I read on the Bethesda or Steam forums that people are having a ton of issues with dual cards, but single cards are running good. Cranked up the settings and things are looking good.

It's cool how the encounters in the wild are random, had a cool random meeting, then my horse died and had to reload, then the meeting up the road was not the same as the first one. I like that these elements are randomized. The mages college quest line is incredible. Can't believe how huge the game is. What are your favorite skill perks so far? Most of mine are in Destruction Magic, some in Sneak and Enchantment. Oh and I love the Clairvoyance spell!
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

That's Farother, my character.

I'm saving gold for a house. Can anyone recommend the best place to buy one? I'm thinking of Whiterun, but I haven't been to any other cities yet.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Post by Amtath »

I think probably in Whiterun, you can get it early. It's rather cheap and Whiterun is in the middle of the map. And for a first house, it's way better than the Imperial Shack of Oblivion.
You can put books in shelf and weapons on a rack from the UI.

Have visited myself only Whiterun and Morthal as Holds.

And I restarted a new game after getting tired of a crash happening always at the same place. I didn't realized that you could chose who you follow in the tutorial and it's better to stick with the person until the first village.

Killing Dragons is way more fun than closing Oblivion Gates! :p
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

So I got into the game as well and I'm liking it very much!

One thing... Trolls. They're bloody tough. I downed my first with the help of Lydia on the way to Ivarstead (or whatever that village in the mountains is called). Wasn't too hard, but I couldn't get the white one right before the monastery down. I guess I'm a bit low in level. So I sent Lydia home and snuck around a lowly-rendered mountaintop past the Troll. It looked rather anti-scripted, I must say. It's not cheating, is it?

About the bear: I tried sneaking up on it, but it detected me. I haven't found much use in the stealth business yet. I'm probably doing it wrong, wearing metal armor. Then again, I'm playing an orc who is getting pretty good at blacksmithing, so I'm leaving stealth as it is.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Stealth is an amazing skill to invest in when combined with archery and illusion magic.

I can kill a whole room of bandits without them ever seeing me.
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

Saving for a house myself. Trying to play is straight at the moment so money will be abit harder to aquire since i'm not willing to out and out steal stuff for it.

Random encounters are great. I found a saddled horse just standing in the middle of nowwhere and it let me take it without stealing it. But when i got to a nearby town and dismounted, it kept trying to wander off back to where i got it from. Had to let it go. :lol:

One thing i'm finding tricky is encumberance, but then that's just really making me think about the stuff i'm picking up.

Also, I like how the enchanting system works, but so far i've only found an alter to do it at in Orphens reach (i think thats the name). Is there one of these alters in the main town of Whiterun or close to it?