Application - Rodez

Post by Rodez »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
Read and understood...

Are you at least 18 years old?
Yes

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
I'm Tom, a British expat living in Geneva with my fiancée and two cats!
I played SWOTR for a few months over a year ago but then moving abroad happened and I drifted away from the game. Now I am keen to give it another go thanks to suggestions from Gardaan and being bitten by the Star Wars bug again

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
Yes, I enjoy role playing so whenever possible I would like to get in character

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
I would be looking for a friendly port of call on gaming nights, people to chat with and RP while playing and perhaps join in with some PvE when my character is levelled up further. I am probably least interested in PvP but would be happy to give it a go.
In return, well I am happy to pitch in where I can with whatever is required

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
Rodez "Bristleback" Vitaan - Republic Commando

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)

Republic Records: Corporal Rodez "Bristleback" Vitaan, 113 Infantry Division

Rodez Vitaan is a Zabrak from Iridonia, at a young age he became involved with criminal gangs and when caught was offered either jail or joining the local militia. After serving for two years Rodez realised that he had some skill as a soldier and then decided to join the Republic military.

Having then excelled in basic training Rodez was fast tracked into a Republic infantry division and was deployed to Ord Mantell to fight the separatists waging their hit-and-run war to drive the Republic-aligned military off the planet. Rodez proved an adept soldier and was quickly promoted to Corporal before a disastrous attack on a separatist town as detailed below.

After Action Report
Squad Indigio, led by Sergeant Havario was deployed to a suspected separatist town on Ord Mantell after Republic Intelligence officers got a tip from an information that it was a staging post for a large separatist arms cache containing advanced weaponry. The squad was ordered to destroy these weapons at all costs.

After the squad was inserted near the town by a Rendaran Assault shuttle they launched their attack, however it is clear that the informant had sold information to both sides so the separatists knew in advance about the attack and ambushed Squad Indigio. Most of the squad was killed until only Sergeant Havario, Corporal Rodez and Private Thul remained pinned down in the town square.

Rodez was ordered to retreat and flank the separatists pinning the others down, however while doing so he stumbled across the arms cache which had been moved outside the town, with only a minimal guard. Corporal Rodez decided to follow his mission orders and destroyed the arms cache, at the cost of the other members of the squad being overrun.

When challenged after the mission about abandoning his squad, Rodez defended his actions by stating that he may have had a chance to save the squad but the mission would have been a failure and the weapons moved by the separatists to a safer location.

While the loss of Squad Indigio is regrettable, the destruction of these advanced weapons will have saved hundreds of Republic soldiers lives. Based upon this fact, as well as the following psychological report from the Division commander
"Rodez always thinks of the mission first, is quite ready to make hard choices and shows a ruthlessness which makes him an ideal recruit for a special forces"

I have decided that Corporal Rodez will be promoted to sergeant and redeployed to join Havoc squad

General Vander

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?

Perhaps, if there is a way to do so without being a bother

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay?

I have been RP with a few friends for a few years and do an online DnD night each week, nothing hardcore though

Where did you find out about our guild?

Gardaan

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?

I am currently not working so plenty of free time, also limits me to F2P for the time being but hopefully I will grab a sub in the near future
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: Application - Rodez

Post by Lisszia »

welcome to us, I'll make sure that we drag you n the guild IC soon.
I set you to trialist meaning you have now full forum access. feel free to browse.
Ic stuff you can mostly find in Jawa's foot cantina, our roll system is in the recruitment section what we use for Rp plots. Hope you will like it with us.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

Welcome! If you're a friend of Gard's, then you must be a good guy. :)

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Gardaan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: Gardaan, Zothip, Jinaar

Post by Gardaan »

Don't you believe it Slide! He's an absolute turd of a human being!

Welcome Tom, and RPing Rodez in to the guild is no problem at all.

I don't think you have yet done the Esseles? Great Flashpoint, and a flashpoint is a nice way to RP meeting Kestrels.

I would like to come along too if I may? Perhaps it's time you met the Mighty Zothip!! :D

Just a suggestion though- Lissz might have a better one.

I think currently you're a bit too low level for the Black Talon, and in any case, the old Flashpoints are story arcs which relate to one another, so it's nice to start with the first and work your way through consistently.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

Eseles is allways good , Zo could get both Sla and Rodez into the guild :) I'd not mind my little readhead finally get more connected to the birds :)
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Rodez
SWTOR Characters: Rodez
SteamID: MajorTom036
Origin ID: Major_Tom036
Xbox Live Gamertag: dubs_gv

Post by Rodez »

I have not done that flashpoint, also have a bunch of heroics in coruscant if that works for intros as well - whatever suits others really :)
leibeme
Old-timer

Post by leibeme »

I do not know if it would be too much.. But i still want to have Luza into the guild icly. :)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

Then we can go for it I guess, but feel free to go on with it when I'm not around if you three have time. If Zo sends you to Rho she can take care of the formalities later anyway
Gardaan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: Gardaan, Zothip, Jinaar

Post by Gardaan »

Ok! Good plan.

The nice thing about the Esseles plot is that it throws a disperate party of people together, so suits a random meeting/encounter quite nicely.

Anyway, I'm out in the early evening but perhaps later, or alternatively when we're all on together.

Fun!
leibeme
Old-timer

Post by leibeme »

On second thought... I rather have Lenne icly join the kestrels. :)