Application - Arcerius

Post by Arcerius »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
Yes.

Are you at least 18 years old?
Yes.

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
I'm 26, and a long-term gamer. I work full-time at the moment and also study in my spare time. Other than that I tend to spend a lot of my time cooking. I've been gaming since I was a child (my first console was a Sega Megadrive) and have sunk many thousands of hours into various games during that time.

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
I'm familiar enough with roleplay to feel confident with my character(s). Each character I own has a thorough backstory and I enjoy writing chapter-based proses for each of them. Although this does unfold in game, my main RP enjoyment is planning and writing out the stories.

My history of RP ranges from RPG-style games, card/board games, or writing short stories and fan fiction.

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
I've been playing MMOs for the best part of 12 years and have a reasonable grasp of what it means to be a good guild member. I want to be a part of a guild where there is a structure; where people earn their stripes and where every member of the guild shares the same love for their guild and fellow players.

As above, I'm keen to get involved in a guild, regardless of its activities. I have an interest in light-medium RP and have a number of friends on the server already with whom I have IC connections with.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
Arcerius

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
I'm the kind of person who wants to see their character unfold slowly; if I give all of the character details it encourages (even sub-consciously) meta-gaming. I want people to take the time to appreciate my character in-game, and read his story piece by piece out-of-game. With that said, I'm happy to provide a small teaser.
"So..."

Sameth set the holo recorder down gently; it hummed quietly as it detailed his every word.

"So you want to hear my story? How I ended up on Coruscant, how I ended up here?"

Sameth paused, as though lost in thought.

"I'll be the first to admit that I've changed. For the better? I doubt it. There's nothing that I wouldn't give to have those days on Ord Mantell back, so carefree yet so fleeting.

"Oh my family were pretty normal. As normal as you could be given the circumstances. Ord Mantell wasn't a particularly important planet; not for two bloodthirsty armies anyway. Oh yeah, we had a couple of village raids but the Separatists were never vicious, at least not compared to... Well that's not important right now. What's important is how extraordinarily ordinary my life was. From the grey stone steps at the end of our track to the same gloomy sky each day. It would have been perfect for anybody who lacked a sense of ambition."

The corners of Sameth's mouth curled slightly.

"I was never interested in the family trade or settling down to a family life. No, I wanted off that rock; although I had nowhere else to go. My father, although perfectly polite and perfectly boring, was not who I wanted to be.

"Not that I planned to leave. My teenage years were accompanied only by a sense of inevitability that I would be stuck here forever. I'd almost come to accept that fact.

"The day Sergeant Drezna landed on Ord Mantell. Yes, that was the day that everything changed. 'The Republic war effort needs you! Fight for what you love.' Those were the messages; the promises.

"My things were already packed for me by the time I'd ran home. Oh no, don't get the wrong idea; my parents loved me and would never want me to leave, but they knew I wouldn't stay. I guess it made it easier for them to think that leaving Ord Mantell was on their terms. I guess it made it easier for everybody.

"The sky overhead was a murky grey as I queued up to board the Republic shuttle. The light reflected off the brushed silver exterior; the engines still humming gently. I felt like a king about to board the finest ship in the world; not a single part of me that day regretted what I was about to do."
Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?
My character is freelance and not affiliated with any particular faction so probably would not need an RP introduction. An entry into a guild is probably something better written in prose.

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay?
Yes: I have an average amount of experience in writing (see above) and am reasonably confident in my ability to RP in-game. RPing FPs is a particularly fun idea as it mixes freelance roleplay with good old fashioned PvE.

Where did you find out about our guild?
swtor-rp.com

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?
I would be keen to bring a second character into the guild if alt characters are permitted. As with Arcerius, my second character has an extensive back-story and is a project that I want to bring to fruition once Arcerius' story has unfolded sufficiently.
Last edited by Arcerius on Sun Jan 17, 2016 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: Application - Arcerius

Post by Lisszia »

Alts are allowed, actually most of us are altoholic.. . I set your rank to a trialist and will try to fetch you in game in the guild but feel free to poke any for an invite.

Joining the guild IC we can discuss in PM or in game chat, and then see to it. Most chars tend to run around a bit with the actual Kestrels meeting them on field and then after they know each other get invited to the group by one. If you have a story in mind what you want to DM on forum or in game also a possibility for the birds to get to know you or for you to get to know them.

Time line for the birds is still before expansion as we are trying to wrap up ongoing stories making some small one timer events meanwhile. We plan to the time jump somewhere in February I think. We plan to get the guild ship IC same time as the closing part of an event chain. (most events, like this one, we try to make so that they are one timer even if part of a plot-line with IC breaks and the opportunity for all to come for one episode only if their IRL time is short on it or any other reason.) You can read about the plans and discussion on the forum here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1913

Character Bio-s and short stories are found in Jawa's foot cantina on forum if you want to get to know a bit more about us.

Welcome to the Kestrels:

Liss
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Arcerius
Trialist

Re: Application - Arcerius

Post by Arcerius »

Good to know about alts. I'll be online for the majority of today so please feel free to send me a message and we can chat.