Emote hot keying

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
taygoss
SWTOR Characters: Taygoss

Emote hot keying

Post by taygoss »

Is it possible to assign emotes to the interface? I've been looking for a way to put together a funky dance routine to run off hot keys for when Maaxx is kicking back in a cantina. :)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: Emote hot keying

Post by Lisszia »

Nope or at least I did not manage to find it yet....
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Raiah
SteamID: Leonick
Origin ID: Leonick
Xbox Live Gamertag: Leonick

Post by Raiah »

Nope, SWTOR sadly doesn't have any kind of macro support.

You could use software such as Auto Hot Key (you'd have to learn how to write the scripts for that though) or similar (not sure what else there is) or a keyboard/mouse that features special macro keys, I'd advice against it though, as per the terms of services you aren't allowed to automate any part of the game.

The head of security did make this statement "If its for emotes etc and isn’t being used as a way to advise others of an impending attack in a Warzone (inc snow! for example), then we will turn a blind eye to an extent." (link) but still, personally I'd avoid it since the ToS forbids it and you can never be sure how any given CS agent will act.
Main characters
Nesalia - Lvl 62?, Scoundrel
Rykorth - Lvl 65, Juggernaut
taygoss
SWTOR Characters: Taygoss

Post by taygoss »

I have a gaming keypad but apart from mapping single keys to something more convenient to my left hand I haven't found any need for automating anything. I am just pressing different keys. SWTOR is way too simple to need anything more than the keymapping provided.

I just wanted to create an in-character RP male stripper routine using a combination of emotes like dance and the finger-guns thing to give people a bit of a laugh. It's too clumsy to do it on the fly. Oh well. I expect the kinship will somehow pull together and survive not seeing Maaxx strip down to holster and undergarments on some seedy cantina stage. :-)