Interested in joining you (and short introduction)

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Ravizja
Trialist
SWTOR Characters: Ravizja Wyvernis

Interested in joining you (and short introduction)

Post by Ravizja »

Hello together,

I'm a German player (male, almost 32) and just recently started with SWTOR. I tried it for a short while already during its beta phase. I have a long background with MMORPGS (exactly as long as there are MMORPGs ;) )

I'm not a professional roleplayer, but I know my bits and think that I'm a capable roleplayer with a creative mind and I know all the basic rules about emotes, godmoding, metagaming etc. ;) .

Why I'm posting here is: I'm playing a Jedi Shadow (engine wise) with a quite unusual background and I've been looking for a RP guild where this background is compatible with the guilds background etc. and the Kestrels seem to be perfectly suited, judged from what I found out about you so far.

I'm still working on my character concept and my character (it's my main char) is only at level 14 now. So the following is just a short summary that will be worked out into a full character concept over time.

Very briefly, Ravizja grew up in the lowest parts of Coruscants Undercity as a homeless stray. She was unaware of her strong force sensitivity, although she realized "that there was something she couldn't describe". Her ability to sense others feelings, her sharp instincts and tight bonds she was able to grow to all kinds of animals (because of her milieu, mostly rats and other small animals). This allowed her to stay alive in her hostile surroundings and find her ways out of tight spots and dangerous situations.

During the Sacking of Coruscant she was 10 years old. In the chaos of the Sith attack she was unconsciously drawn to the unleashed force powers of the ongoing fighting. It happened, that she ran into the duel of a Sith Marauder and an old Jedi. Her instincts told her to help the Jedi, but in the process she got severely wounded by the Sith before the Jedi was able to flee with her.

The Jedi spent much time and effort to heal Ravizja's life-threatening wounds, already sensing her strong force affinity. She lost one of her eyes, but otherwise recovered from her wounds after months of being in a coma. In the following years the old Jedi, who appeared to be a rather unorthodox, grey Jedi felt a strong responsibility for the girl and started to build a master-padawan bond to her without her realizing it. Ravizja returned to her style of living in Coruscants now even harsher undercity but she regularly met with the Jedi and learned much about the living force and how she and everything was connected through it and how to influence and use it. Shortly after she managed to construct her own double sided light sabre, the old Jedi died (almost exactly 9 years after they met). Ravizja was alone again, but the Jedi left her a rusty, old starship together with a worn droid and his last words to Ravizja were: "Use everything you learned in a wise and sensitive way and always trust your instincts, Ravizja. The poor and repressed in this Galaxy need your guidance and protection."

Without telling her any details about the Jedi Order or the Sith, the old grey Jedi tought Ravizja the ways of the living force and before his death she was a strong force user on the level of a Jedi Knight, without even knowing what exactly this meant. Her bonds to the force are of a very intuitive and primal character, lacking the discipline and regulation of the Jedi but also lacking the aggressive and evil means of the Sith. She's walking a grey, primal path between light and dark.

Since then she travels the Galaxy like a vagabond, following her instincts and the guidance of of her master who appears in her dreams from time to time. She just flows on the wave of her destiny always ready to stand in for the weak. But on the other hand she's still much like the homeless, lonesome and sensitive girl she has been all of her live... sailing into an unstable and vague future wielding an inherent power she's not completely aware of.

My questions to you are:
1. Do you think this character would fit into the Kestrel Minority?
2. Can a completely new player, that is still using much of his playtime for leveling, earning credits for unlocks etc. (I'm free-to-play for the moment) already join you or should I wait until I have higher characters, more ingame resources etc.?
3. If I may join, would anyone of you be intrested in creating a nice RP scenario of Ravizja joining the Kestrels and playing this out?

Of course I will provide a full application form in the appropriate forum section in case of positive replies ;-)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: Interested in joining you (and short introduction)

Post by Lisszia »

I think she can fit in, but you can consult with SethAltair our RP officer about that. Interesting character. We have no level or credit restrictions. I'll se you to trialist, so you will have full forum access, and poke nay officer for an in game invite easier to scedule things that way for IC introduction if you wish.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Ravizja
Trialist

Post by Ravizja »

Thanks, Lisszia! That sounds good. So I'll try to discuss RP possibilities with SethAltair, soon. I will also try to provide my full application form today or tomorrow and will read through the forums to learn a bit more about the Kestrels. I'm still not 100% sure about your common goals etc. But I'm very curious and looking forward to more RP.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

RP wise no real "common " goal other then do some works other birds asking help with:
All can send intel, and warning and help request and all is fre to join those he or she wishes.. someone are in for creds some are in for ideas.. Every bird has his or her own reasons.

We try to keep events so that e anyone can join for a single one only even if chained, and skip any without long IC description why. Simply not interested, or can not reach the system if he or she would be interested IC-ly in time, if the player has OOC or RL reasons not to join.

The Kestrels are a loose structured group, no real lead, a comm system and a database mainly, with a base where all can add what they want or need and all can grab some rest or equipment if r in need, find a doc some food and shelter in bad times...

We use a roll system to avoid OOC conflicts that you can find in the recruitment section. The rest of the IC things are in Jawa's foot cantina and in events section, there you can read some about our recent events events chains.

Some of the IC database and the comm system of the group is at the holonet section of the forum, longer data parts scattered in events and Jawa's foot cantina forum sections.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Post by SethAltair »

Hello Ravizja

It's nice to see such extensive background and I think she'd fit in with Kestrels just fine. They take in all sorts of strays and are tolerant of non-allied Force users as well. Only thing that caught my attention was that Ravizja constructed her own lightsaber. Does this mean the old Jedi had taught her how to do it? Also, some parts, like lightsaber crystals are hard to come by and usually very valuable. So, unless it was her 'master's' old lightsaber crystal, it might require more thought how she came by it.

As she is a Shadow, I take it you are planning to use her stealth abilities ICly as well? You describe her skills as very primal, but Force stealth is usually either an inherited skill, or it requires quite a lot of training. Same goes for double-edged lightsabers which are usually considered to require more training that normal ones. I am supposing, these are all skills she learn from her master. Nine years is a sufficient time but just seeing how she has grown separated from other Force users that could have taught her, watch out how skilled you'll make her to be. If she had continued to live as a stray cat, has she had sufficient time to train all these abilities when much of her time also probably goes for survival, finding food, shelter etc.

I'm pointing these things out because it seems like a well thought out background, rather than you just slapping us with a basic concept you'd like to casually play with once a week. I'm hoping these things will help you knit plausible concept!

Other than that, I'd be happy to welcome you along! We can plan a proper scenario or little plot about how she found Kestrels, in PMs afterwards.
Ravizja
Trialist

Post by Ravizja »

Hi SethAltair,

thanks for your answer and for the welcome! That are some very helpful inputs from your side, as my knowledge about Jedi and the Force is rather basic, yet. I will consider all of your thoughts carefully when I continue working on her more detailed background story, later this evening.

She was trained by her Master over 9 years, and learned all of her force abilities from him, but because of her way of life and the fact that her master was a grey jedi himself and restrained from the strict teachings of the order, her use of the force is more intuitive and comes naturally that's what i meant with primal, basically. He also instructed her on how to build a lightsaber and provided the materials for it. The chances of finding a force crystal in the Undercity of Coruscant would probably be rather low ;) He also taught her the basics of how to use the lightsabre, I'm not planning to play her as a masterful lightsaber user rather a bloody beginner, and considering her young age (19) there is still a lot she will have to learn in general. I'm quite open as to where her destiny will lead her.

So thank you very much and I'll PM you regarding the RP plot, soon!