Decoration spam, and going light on old content

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Gardaan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: Gardaan, Zothip, Jinaar

Decoration spam, and going light on old content

Post by Gardaan »

Pirates like stuff. Smugglers also like stuff. Who doesn't like stuff?

Recently I've been blasting through some old flashpoints for the odd decoration. Only just begun really. It seems that bonus boss' have a 100% drop rate for decorations on the ones I've done so far.

Here's a handy guide: http://tor-decorating.com/flashpoints/

My experience so far (limited, so this is guesswork) indicates that there's no difference in drop rate for these bonus bosses between SM and HM, but admittedly I've mostly been doing the HM's.
I got the impression the % drop rate for the main boss is higher in HM, but so far I've only got decorations from the bonus bosses.

Of course, not all of these are solo-able. There are a couple of lower level ones which are very survivable but need a party to progress through the mechanics. Colocid Wargames for example? I had a bit of trouble with Sav Rak in Lost Island too- just couldn't get him debuffed quickly enough, although I daresay someone with co-ordination better than a drunken spider would have no problems.

What about Ops- Quite obviously I am desperately in need of a Golden Hutt statue. Lets face it, what kind of wierdo wouldn't like a Golden Hutt statue? Clearly though, it's not going to be possible to solo Ops, but to what degree can some of the lower ones be done short handed? We blasted through Karraga's palace without issue and, if I remember that was on HM.
I believe it's impossible to enter an Ops area unless you're part of an Ops team- is that a minimum of 5 people?

Anyway, answer if you feel inlcined, but what I'm really saying is, this is what I'm doing- if any like minded pirate or generally greedy and covetous person wanted to join me, let me know!
leibeme
Old-timer

Re: Decoration spam, and going light on old content

Post by leibeme »

Depending on the time to start i can help you in occupying a spot in the group. :)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

hm bonus bosses dropping decor by default, sm not, I did try it out a lot.

two more handy guides:
datachrons
Decoratin list
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Gardaan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: Gardaan, Zothip, Jinaar

Post by Gardaan »

Right- HM it is then!

Thanks both. No specific times, but if someone wants something I'll be happy to spam it till we both have whatever is available. I really have enjoyed seeing these old FP's anyway- forgotten about some of them totally. I tend not to do FP's while levelling nowadays for some reason. Probably I'm worried about not remembering tactics. Anyway, I digress!
Corvinius
Officer
SWTOR Characters: Corvinius Luvon

Post by Corvinius »

As for the old 50 OPS they are normally doable with 5 persons.

Less is not recommendable as the damage is too low and on HM or NiM some boss mechanics still CAN kill.

If we are low on numbers for OPS or even if enough are interested we can form up one group rather spontaneously.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

from new patch patchnotes:

The “Orbital Power Monitor” Decoration now has a 20% chance to drop from the final boss of Kuat Drive Yards.

The following decorations have been added to their appropriate faction Starfighter and PvP Decoration vendor. They cost 5 Dark Projects and 5 Universal Prefabs MK-3 each:
Ship Computer: Imperial (Full)
Ship Computer: Republic (Full)
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)