A wee guide to RP for the uninitiated (or simply unsure).

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Berend Karlinger
Registered
SWTOR Characters: Berend Karlinger

Re: A wee guide to RP for the uninitiated (or simply unsure)

Post by Berend Karlinger »

So, my questions :).

1. On a forum RP, how long are the average posts you are supposed to make? A few lines, a boat load or it does not matter?

2. Is it allowed to use other people's character in your own post? Not for major stuff, but having them move or answer for example.
Success is measured in blood; yours and theirs.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

1. On a forum RP, how long are the average posts you are supposed to make? A few lines, a boat load or it does not matter?

Doesn't really matter. Don't go extremely overboard though and write a complete essay of a 1k words on every post :P
But other than that it is pretty much ok really.

2. Is it allowed to use other people's character in your own post? Not for major stuff, but having them move or answer for example.

If it is small stuff, like maybe a simple reply (like a yes/no answer or such) or moving them a little since it would be strange otherwise, then there isn't much harm in it. Though it is usually always better to ask consensus, or at least leave a disclaimer in your post that you are willing to change if people don't agree with the actions you took for them.
As there might be some actions you take that might seem small, but would be against the character of a person.

Personally, I tend to avoid it and leave the part open where people can reply / do their things. That way I can move the story forward, but still leave an opening for the others. If I need to edit a post of mine due to the reply, so be it.
Aurvan
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Corwan

Post by Aurvan »

Jens Jutoon wrote:A monthly TKM newsletter might be an idea. Just something to keep members up to date with what is happening within the guild, and maybe important roleplay that has happened to guild characters.
I like this idea. It could even be some sort of IC newsletter like most companies send out to keep everyone up to date on what's going on.

I assume there will be extended periods where I won't be able to play much (due to work schedule or other stuff) and something like this will be nice both for me and my character.
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

Aurvan wrote:
Jens Jutoon wrote:A monthly TKM newsletter might be an idea. Just something to keep members up to date with what is happening within the guild, and maybe important roleplay that has happened to guild characters.
I like this idea. It could even be some sort of IC newsletter like most companies send out to keep everyone up to date on what's going on.

I assume there will be extended periods where I won't be able to play much (due to work schedule or other stuff) and something like this will be nice both for me and my character.
This is already in the works. Anticipate further news!
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph