A wee guide to RP for the uninitiated (or simply unsure).

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: A wee guide to RP for the uninitiated (or simply unsure)

Post by JenDoon »

We absolutely need some form of voice communication for PvP and elite high end PvE. You can't stop to type during full on combat. Even just being able to say

"back up Hawley and I'll heal you"

If I had to stop and type that, you'd be dead before I could hit the keys, that is..if you even saw the text amidst the carnage.

I don't like using vent in game, but for PvP at least it should be guild policy, even just to be able to hear it, you don't have to speak.
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

JenDoon wrote:We absolutely need some form of voice communication for PvP and elite high end PvE. You can't stop to type during full on combat. Even just being able to say

"back up Hawley and I'll heal you"

If I had to stop and type that, you'd be dead before I could hit the keys, that is..if you even saw the text amidst the carnage.

I don't like using vent in game, but for PvP at least it should be guild policy, even just to be able to hear it, you don't have to speak.
Have to agree here, I think voice communication is crucial for end game content and PvP. Obviously we can always try and keep the catting to a minimum, but there should definitely be an option for voip.
Magnox
Registered

Post by Magnox »

I can't imagine trying to run an op or even working as a team for operations, PvP without voice tbh.

its the normal now I think for people to use these and also for people who want to do things coordinated, that they would have to join the guild Vent / Teamspeak servers.

On that note, the reason Consorts now have team speak over Ventrillo which we used for 6 years, That the new Teamspeak 3 have alot more rank control in it , permissions for all types of things you would use in a large guild, and the added perk of having its on upload / download files option built in this allows us to transfer Pictures, Files etc. Which has helps with Screen shots of the day and stuff like that :D
BadJawa
Ex-member

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

Oh, I agree entirely; voice communications are far too useful to ignore when it comes to flashpoints, operations, pvp, or whatever.

To the point where I would have to say that there should be a rule that states one of the conditions of entry should be getting on voice communications, even if only to listen.

However, I don't think it's a great method of communication for general, every-day use, for previously stated reasons.

As for which voice comms to use, that's another forum topic, and pretty much one for those who find codecs fun. ;)

Cheers,
Hawley.
Subtlety is for other people.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

I understand the whole people hate when others RP as gods that are unstoppable... but what if you are?

Na just messing i hate that :P I really love how serious this guild is with RP i thought it would be hard to find one that i liked after JEDl, but i can see Jen was right when he sent me in this direction!
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

*waves a hand slowly*

Yes he was right when he sent you in this direction...

...you will give us your undieing loyalty, your starbucks reward card and your social security details...
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

I will give you my undieing loyalty, my star bucksreward card, and social security number. The number is ***-**-****.
Kiel Barat
Ex-member

Post by Kiel Barat »

Called the number, pleasantly surprised.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

That was my social security number.... What did you get when you called lol
Kiel Barat
Ex-member

Post by Kiel Barat »

Was being sarcastic. And blame for being old-fashioned, but I think you should never post your social number on a forum :P