A wee guide to RP for the uninitiated (or simply unsure).

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Re: A wee guide to RP for the uninitiated (or simply unsure)

Post by Machior »

Which I something I do agree on. I thought the number was made up as well, I've edited it out. No matter how few people visit it, if there's just one person around who wishes to do bad with it... well rather we don't have that.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

Oh no lol That wasn't my real social security number :P I wouldn't trust Jen'doon with that for a second! xD
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Cheesey
Ex-member

Post by Cheesey »

Cant imagine doing pvp in an mmo now without at least listening to some sort of voice chat. Mic's aren't needed unless you lead etc. usually.

Pve its debatable i guess.Before voip we had to do with chat in old EQ etc. and we survived ok. Was fun sometimes too. But then you end up making a ton of macros with help and commands ie " inc adds!" "res tank" etc..

VoIP is cool now ,tho yet to see a game have it in game as smoothly as the out of game ones like teamspeak or mumble. At least in SW lore its more fitting to hear a *human* voice rather than a taking cow from some games lol.

As for guild chat.Id have to say it would quite unusual to role-play in guild chat (for me at least) Any RP guilds I've been in (a *few*) in various/many mmos always used /gu for ooc and RP was for group/say/emote etc. Sometimes one just wants to natter about some great storyline/quest/item one just found .I'd would be concerned /gu would be a little quiet if only RP allowed in it, of course will go with what ever guild rules are at launch, just sticking me 2 creds worth in :)
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
Plus I was sure it was called The Kestrel Minority and not JenDoons Ego.
Silgan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: silgan-klara

Post by Silgan »

i dont have that much to say but its very nice to see how you are all overthinking the situation to create a close to reallife experience in this game.. nice!
Only fear i have.. if you dont play that much at times.. it will not be that easy to catch up on things.. will this site be updated with important things that happened during the game (and are offcourse common knowledge)
(also a :lol: quote you have there cheesey)
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Singal wrote:i dont have that much to say but its very nice to see how you are all overthinking the situation to create a close to reallife experience in this game.. nice!
Only fear i have.. if you dont play that much at times.. it will not be that easy to catch up on things.. will this site be updated with important things that happened during the game (and are offcourse common knowledge)
(also a :lol: quote you have there cheesey)
That is an interesting idea.

We could have a thread where important guild events (story events) are very briefly related.
Cheesey
Ex-member

Post by Cheesey »

Yeah like a guild blog sort of thing.

Quotes courtesy of David Bowman ;)
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
Plus I was sure it was called The Kestrel Minority and not JenDoons Ego.
Tym
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tymran

Post by Tym »

I dont really know, but i dont feel very good about it. If there is something going on RP storywise and you aint around so what ? You read a newspaper so you can act like youve been there when it happened ? When youre exploring the outer rim (not ingame) do you just call TKM historian with heya what has happened while i was gone ? No! You ask fellow kestrelite over a beer you buy him (her) in cantina when you bump into him. Making chronicles is one way of looking at it but do i remind you that we are band of unlikely allies and not rigid top secret military organization where every fart is documented. With loose associates it just feels wrong. I am not so much against it in OOC (beware metagaming) but should it be IC i will deliberately ignore it. And I dont mean like being dissmisive about it i mean like having uncurable localized amnesia.
Never tell me the odds!
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Tym wrote:I dont really know, but i dont feel very good about it. If there is something going on RP storywise and you aint around so what ? You read a newspaper so you can act like youve been there when it happened ? When youre exploring the outer rim (not ingame) do you just call TKM historian with heya what has happened while i was gone ? No! You ask fellow kestrelite over a beer you buy him (her) in cantina when you bump into him. Making chronicles is one way of looking at it but do i remind you that we are band of unlikely allies and not rigid top secret military organization where every fart is documented. With loose associates it just feels wrong. I am not so much against it in OOC (beware metagaming) but should it be IC i will deliberately ignore it. And I dont mean like being dissmisive about it i mean like having uncurable localized amnesia.
Fair points.

We don't need to document what happened during the events, just that they happened. That way, people know what is going on, but they still need to ask about the specifics IC, if they want to know.

I AM THE WEAVER!
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

A monthly TKM newsletter might be an idea. Just something to keep members up to date with what is happening within the guild, and maybe important roleplay that has happened to guild characters.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Jens Jutoon wrote:A monthly TKM newsletter might be an idea.
This idea smells of awesome...
We might want to take a look into this, see what we can make out of this. We could do some fun stuff with that.