6.1 and 6.2 information - with "mild" spoilers if wanted! ;-)

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Corvinius
Officer
SWTOR Characters: Corvinius Luvon

6.1 and 6.2 information - with "mild" spoilers if wanted! ;-)

Post by Corvinius »

Hello Kestrels!

Here are some bits about "what's in it".

6.1 will come on the 11th february and continue some story.

"Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions."

Also there will be some romance / one to one talks with companions.

The full news about what is in 6.1/6.2 is below this writing.

All the best and greetings

Corvinius

"2020 Greetings from Keith! | 01.29.2020, 11:10 AM

Hey folks!

Thought I’d hop in and add a bit about the story elements in our upcoming releases. I’ll spoiler tag anything that I think might be too specific, but if you want to know absolutely nothing, maybe just skip this post entirely

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

The update will also include a few other small scenes, including:

A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)
Troopers will have a 1-on-1 with Elara Dorne
Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector
And lastly…
Spoiler

characters on each side will get small hints at what’s going on with Darth Malgus from two different perspectives

As Keith mentioned, 6.1 will be followed by 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. After that, our next story beat will come in Game Update 6.2: The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens*. Since it’s still in the works and a bit further out, I won’t go into nearly as much detail, and I’m going to put just about everything in spoiler tags just in case. But the TL;DR is that 6.2 will deal directly with the situation Kira and Scourge bring to light at the end of Onslaught.

*Definitely the final, confirmed update name.

Spoiler

Beyond that, in addition to the content, features, and quality-of-life improvements Keith mentioned that we’re looking to add past 6.1.2 and 6.2, you can expect the storyline that started with Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught to continue through our updates the rest of this year and beyond. After all, we’re in our ninth year, and our tenth anniversary is just around the corner--a very exciting time for SWTOR to be sure!"

(for the "Spoilers" use the link to the article)

Source:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthr ... dit9817211