SWTOR Application: M'Shenzi

Post by Möxie »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
Yes, I have.

Are you at least 18 years old?
I turn 21 next week.

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
I've been playing SWTOR since the first beta wipe. Huge fan of Star Wars in general, though I'm not all too happy about the Disney Merger. I play on the European Server, but I actually live in America. When I first started the game, the community on the American RP servers was -terrible- completely unbearable environment for RP. I joined a guild pre-launch, The Imperial Inquisition. Things were going well until GW2 came out, and the guild basically fell apart. Almost everyone left and it still hasn't recovered. In my spare time I enjoy reading, currently hooked on a Song of Fire and Ice series. I work as a Pharmacy Tech at a hospital. I enjoy studying Philosophy, and Morality. I also am a supporter for the legalization of Medical Marijuana and Industrial Hemp.

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
I am primarily interested in RP'ing. I really have no desire to do anything else in SWTOR for the most part. The 'game' side of it has been lost to me. The flashpoints are all boring now because I've done them so many times on so many characters, the Warzones are boring, and the 'endgame' content is terrible. Daily grinding? No thanks. Glorified Flashpoints with more boring bosses and hardly any mechanics with varying levels of 'difficulty' that only really means more health and damage. Double no thanks. I do however love the star wars universe, and enjoy the RP. I also run around and collect Lore and Datacrons.

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
Well, what got me interested was a post on SWTOR-RP about a Master seeking an apprentice. I hope to have an interesting character development, while in turn providing a rewarding role of a struggling Padawan.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
The character that will be joining The Kestrel Minority will be M'Shinzi. He is a Rattataki warrior, turned to the Light Side and eager to redeem himself for the things he had done.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
Born on native Rattatak, M'Shinzi was the son of Chuma and Kalere. He has two older brothers, and five younger brothers. Three of them have been killed in tribal wars. He has only one sister, Mashika, that ran away from home when she was very young by hijaking a shuttle to Sullust. He was trained in the art of the long spear, and short sword as well as in hand to hand combat. Early on he began gaining notoriety for his cunning and stoic manner. He once crept into a rival village and cut the throats of every able man. In the morning, the rest of his villages warrior arrived to attack, only to find no one waiting for them. After an unsuccessful assassination attempt on a Jedi diplomat, he was convinced to put down his spear and find a better way in life. This path has led him from the farthest reaches of the Outer Rim, to the core world of Coruscant. After it was discovered that he was Force-Sensitive, albeit late in his life, he was then sent to Tython to begin his Jedi Training. He struggles to walk the Light Side given his primitive upbringing, but has a strong sense of honor that binds him to try his best.

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game? Yes, and basically any day of the week.

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay?
I've been roleplaying since before I even had a computer. I started with pen and paper RP in elementary and middle school, then moved onto LARP and Tabletops. Eventually I ended up on Asheron's Call, then moved to Everquest II and City of Heroes. Since then I have RP'ed on multiple games, though I still enjoy a tabletop adventure from time to time.

Where did you find out about our guild?
On my Main, and other alts I've seen you guys around from time to time. I finally decided to join based on a request for a Padawan on the SWTOR-RP forums, which I believe I have already typed. Yes, yes I have.

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?
Well, you have to promise not to tell everyone, but I am pretty awesome.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: SWTOR Application: M'Shenzi

Post by Lisszia »

Welcome to us I'll give you the full forum rights, feel free to browse , and will send you invite.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Re: SWTOR Application: M'Shenzi

Post by SethAltair »

Hello Möxie, I've seen you around on your alts and hope you'll find the guild to your liking! I also see you have already made a profile in holonet, which is good, it needs more love! However, the database is IC, only accessible by members so for now we'll treat the information as filled in by someone in the Minority interested in M'shenzi, most likely Xiler, who's about to take him as an apprentice.

Joining the guild as a trialist doesn't by default make you an IC member of Kestrel Minority but Xiler, after taking him as a padawan, is likely to introduce M'shenzi to folks ICly. It would be difficult to keep it secret in master-apadawan relationship, after all :) So, after you've got things started with Xiler, let me know and we'll arrange a meeting with one of my characters, to really introduce M'shenzi to the Kestrels.