Application - Ichaln

Ichaln
SWTOR Characters: Asharl, Ichaln, KERNEL

Application - Ichaln

Post by Ichaln »

Main form:

Have you read and understood our rules?

Yes. They are similar to past guilds and roleplay groups I have been a member of.

Are you at least 18 years old?

Yes. 25+.

Introduce yourself. Who are you?

My name is Jenny and I am the current caretaker of the guild Binary Sunset. Since the guild I am mainly in does not roleplay at all (their sole focus is PvE content) I’ve been looking for a second home to spend my off-night times doing what for many years have been one of my biggest interests. As a person I am calm and laid-back as I believe that all the good things come in due time as long as one is persistent and patient.

Except for SWTOR, I spent my spare time doing web- and graphical design. I also dabble in website programming (HTML, CSS, JavaScript mainly) and CMS. I’m also an avid music listened (omnivore) and enjoy watching horror/thriller movies. Most of my non-leisure time I have spent studying so far and I have recently received an internship to help me integrate into our job market.

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?

The hope for an opportunity to roleplay is the sole reason I’m applying. I do have commitments in my current guild that I can’t abstain from for the moment but I am looking to spend at the very least two nights a week roleplaying.

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?

Roleplay, roleplay and more roleplay.

I am very attached to Binary Sunset though as I have many a old friends there so I will remain there to raid and do progression. The character I’ll be applying as is full 69 however so could probably hang out helping with FPs or easier ops now and then. Especially interested in trying in-character ones eventually.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)

Ichaln.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)

Swtor-wiki profile: http://wiki.swtor-rp.com/index.php?title=Ichaln
Codex Ulgo profile: http://www.codexulgo.org/profile/view/Ichaln

“My bloodline and my upbringing had me prepared to achieve great things and bring pride to my family and my house. I was ready for it and my career would be the ultimate proof of it. But fate would have it otherwise before I could reach my full potential. I was cursed and unless defecting forced to become one of those contemptible Sith. The Darth which had sensed these supposed slumbering powers left me with the choice of becoming an illogical, temperamental and irrational creature, or die. Neither a future I wanted to be a part of. Vanishing was the only logical option to save my family the shame.

For years now I have remained on the Smuggler’s Moon, bit by bit building myself a new identity to replace the one that was lost to me. You can never turn back on your path they say – so I will simply have to continue on forward and do my best to carve a life with the petty tools I’ve been given. After discovering the existence of a lower race that shared many similarities in appearance with my own kin it became easier though. Having to carry a breath mask at all times in public is a bit of an annoyance but I’ll have to view it as a necessary evil. At least these gerans appear much more accepted than my own kin. Not that it surprises me. I learnt early that a lack of knowledge usually led these under-developed aliens to respond with fear and suspicion. And of course our affiliation with the Empire didn’t make things better.

So for the time being I remain hidden beneath that mask as Cheollyn the geran slicer – or Daemon as I chose as my alias during the time spent with the Exchange. Even if the cell is no more I suppose there are little harm in keeping something that feels familiar both to me and those few I associate with. I suppose it could be in my favor to actually build some type of reputation under that alias as well if I decide to remain here for much longer.”

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?

Yes please. I am usually online every evening, however we have planned progression operations runs during Tuesdays and Thursdays so might not be able to roleplay then.

Optional Extras:

Do you have prior experience with roleplay?

Plenty.

I have been playing table-top RPG’s for ~15 years, mostly as a games master for various Swedish RPGs plus Dungeons & Dragons.

I was also active on a Neverwinter Nights persistant world roleplay server for ~7 years both as a player and a games master. I stopped NWN around a year ago when the activity on the server started to die off and most of my old friends moved on.

As well I have been active on a couple of play-by-post roleplaying community forums where you basically do not have any specific rulesets, dices or similar. All the 'rules' were simply built upon what felt logical and believable within the frame of the campaign setting. And open communication plus mutual respect between the participants was enough to keep things orderly and fair.

Where did you find out about our guild?

SWTOR-RP.com. Ever since deciding to look for a place where I could get some roleplaying I have been browsing those forums in search for something that I thought could mesh with both my personality and the character concept I’d like to play as.

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?

From what I have understood while doing research, the combination of Chiss + a force-using class is not always regarded as a good one due to the rarity of force-sensitivity in that species. This was something though I discovered after I had rolled the character, got attached to her and started to do some in-depth research. I started SWTOR as a complete beginner to its lore (I haven’t even seen the movies). I am planning however in beginning to roleplay her as one that hasn’t received any training (despite being a 55 Jedi Shadow currently) and will try my best refraining from using any in-game abilities that are force based when in-character.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: Application - Ichaln

Post by Lisszia »

Hi, As long as you do not play one in generation talent I see no problem being a rare character, so I do have no problem with your force sensibility. But up to yo how do you want to play him. I hope you will find with us what you are looking for. It is a really nice application, so I give you the full forum rights, fell free to browse, and whisper me or some other officer in game for an invite.
And as i told you in game being attached to an other guild and being casual with us is no problem , we are not a HC guild. (I do the same for example imperial side)

As our RP Officer SethAltair is moving to England this Wednesday to England for some month, I'll PM you about IC joining opportunities and how to get you involved wit the guild, if you want I can probably drag you in in Tuesday's event as well. If you happen not to have planed OPS this week. But to do that I'll need most likely a mumble conversation as to type all what needed for that would be most likely a bit hard and messy with my typing skills or the lack of it...:P

I'd like to go for IC OPS as well, for a long time so we should do that at some point, I hope we can get the team for that, even if some decide to stay silent bystanders. I'll try that when Seth is settled in bath and we know when she could join. But with smaller groups I'M up for IC questing and doing endgame or not endgame stuff IC-ly most of the time.

Edit: Or Rp event night is usually Friday I do plan something for that, if I can pull together the stuff needed, or at least a social meeting this week as well. so I guess that wil lfit with your OPS schedule
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
mistaahh
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: mistaahh
SteamID: _mistaahh_
PSN Username: mistaahh

Post by mistaahh »

Wall of tekst D=

Welcome!
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Post by SethAltair »

Hello Ichaln, your codex ulgo profile already piqued my curiosity and it's nice to see you here :)
I am hopeful the guild will see more RP now that people are returning from summer holidays and wish you'll find TKM a place to be. We definitely have RP to offer to those with initiative and strive for arranging adventures at least bi-weekly. That said, my time online in the coming months might shrink.

As Lisszia mentioned, I will be starting to my transfer studies in Bath, UK and I'll be flying early Thursday. Usually it's my job to introduce people to guild RP but I'll probably have to delegate it to Lisszia this time. With luck the campus wi-fi can run swtor and I'll be quickly back in action, but best I not promise anything.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

mistaahh wrote:Wall of tekst D=
But very nice wall of texts... I did read both Codex Ulgo and SWTOR RP, and it shows a well composed and living character to me. :)
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
mistaahh
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: mistaahh
SteamID: _mistaahh_
PSN Username: mistaahh

Post by mistaahh »

School is awesome, can use cellphone in study, when teachers are sick.
I have about 4 hours so I read it all..

D=D
Awesome wall of tekst.
pata
Old-timer

Post by pata »

Welcome!
Xoana (shadow)
Mortel (scoundrel)
Sennera (sage)
Grao-tak/Grao (gunslinger/vanguard)
Botond (guardian)
Lirian (commando)
Jázmin (sentinel)
Ichaln

Post by Ichaln »

Lisszia wrote: I hope you will find with us what you are looking for. It is a really nice application, so I give you the full forum rights, fell free to browse, and whisper me or some other officer in game for an invite.
Thank you very much *bows*
Lisszia wrote: If you want I can probably drag you in in Tuesday's event as well. If you happen not to have planed OPS this week. But to do that I'll need most likely a mumble conversation as to type all what needed for that would be most likely a bit hard and messy with my typing skills or the lack of it...:P
I will most likely be doing ops 6-9PM GMT every Tuesday and Thursday unfortunately, we’ve got a stable group doing content so even if we’ll not have the people for trying NiM progression we always tend to have plenty for HM – and there’s still a few that needs an odd gear piece here or there. :)
Lisszia wrote: I'd like to go for IC OPS as well, for a long time so we should do that at some point, I hope we can get the team for that, even if some decide to stay silent bystanders. I'll try that when Seth is settled in bath and we know when she could join. But with smaller groups I'M up for IC questing and doing endgame or not endgame stuff IC-ly most of the time.
I’ve got experience up and through Darvannis HM, so if you get enough people and want to try something an odd night sometime I could probably help out even just for an OOC run. Most of the old content such as KP/EV and maybe even EC (in story mode) can be done with less than 8 people in case the numbers are a problem for organizing an IC run.
Lisszia wrote: Edit: Or Rp event night is usually Friday I do plan something for that, if I can pull together the stuff needed, or at least a social meeting this week as well. So I guess that will fit with your OPS schedule
Fridays will work perfectly. :)
SethAltair wrote:Hello Ichaln, your codex ulgo profile already piqued my curiosity and it's nice to see you here :)
I am hopeful the guild will see more RP now that people are returning from summer holidays and wish you'll find TKM a place to be. We definitely have RP to offer to those with initiative and strive for arranging adventures at least bi-weekly. That said, my time online in the coming months might shrink.

As Lisszia mentioned, I will be starting to my transfer studies in Bath, UK and I'll be flying early Thursday. Usually it's my job to introduce people to guild RP but I'll probably have to delegate it to Lisszia this time. With luck the campus wi-fi can run swtor and I'll be quickly back in action, but best I not promise anything.
Thank you, am glad to be here. So far it’s been a very pleasant experience and I think I’ve hit the spot when it comes to the genre. :) I wish you best of luck on the travel and we can hope that campus wi-fi works out. I bet it can’t be worse than my Turkish friend’s campus internet hehe.
Lisszia wrote:
mistaahh wrote:Wall of tekst D=
But very nice wall of texts... I did read both Codex Ulgo and SWTOR RP, and it shows a well composed and living character to me. :)
Thank you very much, makes me glad to hear. I enjoy writing a lot, so you’ll probably have to get accustomed to me formulating plenty of text walls.
pata wrote:Welcome!
Thank you!
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

I’ve got experience up and through Darvannis HM, so if you get enough people and want to try something an odd night sometime I could probably help out even just for an OOC run. Most of the old content such as KP/EV and maybe even EC (in story mode) can be done with less than 8 people in case the numbers are a problem for organizing an IC run.
Yep we were thinking on that as well, but I'd like to go first with EV then Karagga then Denova as the story would be nice to follow in an IC run ... Can you DO EV's single fights part with less then 8? I have to admit I only did Karraga so far with less.
Ichaln

Post by Ichaln »

It very much depends on the people, I've managed EV with 4 people (1 tank, 3 dps, 1 healer) on hard mode having each taking two bosses during the duel encounter. But it took us a couple of tries before we could manage it within the time limit. :)