Application - Carelind

gmiedz
Trialist
SWTOR Characters: Carelind

Application - Carelind

Post by gmiedz »

Have you read and understood our rules?
I've read them, sure, and I'd say I understand them pretty well too. So yeah, I'd say a yes to that one.

Are you at least 18 years old?
Well, that was the one rule I didn't really get... or at least didn't live up to, as I'm only 16... but you said exceptions could be made, so well, here's hoping to be an exception ;)

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
Ummm, I'm a person. Real name's David (I'll spare ya the last name, impossible to spell AND pronounce unless you know Polish) and I'm from Denmark. Yeah... I play SW:TOR (as you might've guessed) and do some other stuff too. Like play the guitar. Don't know if there's anything more to it than that really :)

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
Yes, I am! Gotta be honest and admit though, that I've had a long break from any RP activity. As in soon two years (with small non-breaks... but nothing major). But well, I'm willing to spend some of my nearest future RPing, so it'll be fine I guess. That does mean however, I'm rather rusty when it comes to the act, but only way to shine is to... practice. Okay, that metaphor didn't work out as well as planned...

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
Well, I don't know you guys, so I'm just grasping at thin air here... but I guess that we could share some good times, you might help me get both my RP skills (including improvisation skills) up and running, and hopefully help me gather a bigger understanding of the whole Star Wars thing (I've not watched all the movies yet, but, I guess I'll be well on my way by the end of this week). And I hope I can at least share myself, you know, have some fun, be nice, make friends and all. That's usually what happened in the earlier MMO's I played. My main interest lies in RP (hence the server), but I'm diggin' the class story (smuggler) quite a bit right now, so PVE draws me as well. AND I think you're the guild that fits Carelind best.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
Reed. Carelind Reed.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
Okay... well, she's rather low and a wee bit petite, red hair (yes, she's a woman). She's got green eyes, and has some mechanical implants (race is cyborg. Was in CC, so supposed it was a legit choice. Not seen them yet in Star Wars, of what I know, but as said, haven't watch them all yet ;)). Yeah, she has somewhat (okay, quite a genuine and outspoken) dislike for authority (though not for company), speaking views she could be called an anarchist (but let's not get political), she usually places herself and the ocassional paycheck first, but she has her heart at the right place (depending on who you ask of course). She makes her living working odd jobs (whatever there is money in and has a chance of her living to spend them). She doesn't support the Republic as such, but she enjoys her freedoms, and is willing to fight for those (which means, as of now, fighting for the Republic). And that's my template. Quirks and twists usually come by themselves. Playing with the idea of her having some fine appreciation for spice (you know, the thing they seemed pretty addicted to on that one Coruscant-quest)... but, as I'm still a newbie to Star Wars, anything of that kind is something I wouldn't do without the help from some very wise people (yes, here's possibly referring to you all).

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?
Hmmm, yeah... that might actually be fun. Weekdays when I'm not doing something else (which can anywhere between 2 PM to 11 PM, but I do prioritise RL first, and my life isn't always planned. so it changes.) The best time would probably be weekends, preferably Sundays, daytime. I'm almost 100 % ilkely to be online there, and it's probably the best day to agree on a specific time for an encounter or something :)

Optional Extras:
Not sure I understand this one entirely... so any clarification on this would be appreciated, and I'll give an answer with some substance here :)

Do you have prior experience with roleplay?
As I think I might've hinted somewhat, yeah, but it's some time ago. But yes, I do have prior experience with RP (my LOTRO experience was mainly a RP-experience).

Where did you find out about our guild?
Well, I got tired of waiting for some non-militant guild to show up with a recruitment message, so I did a google-search, and you guys popped up on my radar. Some SW:TOR website dedicated to RP if I remember correctly.

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?
Well, I have dreads. Or rather, dreads that would rather be ANYTHING but dreads :) But nothing serious. May The Force Be With You (Or the schwartz..)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: Application - Carelind

Post by Lisszia »

Well:
We do have some nestling already KlIke Mistaahh , and Lucien, so.. I guess you get a chance to prove to the old hag like me and the rest more forgiving ones that you can be mature. With that said I'll set your rank to trialist and giving you full rights to forum.

Some words tho: Most of us have family so Sundays might be tricky, but I hope you will find someone on-line those times, (Probably SethAltair, if she is finished with her exams, or Alex when his back from vacation, Or Mist or Rant I dunno their scedule, but will ask around.) For now many of pour RP active ones are on leave, but will be back during next week.

Our two RP events are form 19:30 forum time (means British time) Tuesday and Friday.

We are a small guild mostly on-line at nights.

Cyborg: well it is a race but actually not a different race meaning humans having cybernetic implants. (they actually could be other race as well just in game with visible implants you can start only human, later s you can get some armour what makes you look even more droid then organic if you want to play cyborg from other race.

Things you might want to check on forum: Roll system. in the recruitment section, some char bios in Jawa's foot cantina, and event in events section. Rp events what are ongoing, having a summary of what happened so far and what your char can learn form the Kestrel database about them once joined IC ly. We try to make longer plots so, that they are composed from small one night events with some additional Rp connecting them, but that way, that any can join in for one occasion and leave out the next if needed, with short notice calls so all can attend IC ly when RL lets him or her OOCly, without the need of finding IC excuses. Till that you join the birds IC-ly it gives a hint of what to expect form an RP event.

Spice: Those who any of my chars spoke about it are keeping themselves away form spice, salve trade and spice are what my girls do not tolerate... If you are planning to have connection with that you will find hard IC opposition to trust you in any ways from more then one I guess, My girls will be against of getting you connected to the birds IC ly so I'd ask you to avoid it if possibly unless you don't plan on joining ICly... Or want IC drama badly, what I'd rather not have... I can not tell you not to do it, and will not, as if that is what you want then go with it, but that will mean my girls avoiding you as much as they can for sure and I don't think I'm the only one.

But again as my playing time probably not matching yours, (weekends daytime are kept usually to go out with my daughter or play with her) it can work, but I'd be careful with it anyway.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
gmiedz
Trialist

Post by gmiedz »

Okay, I'll note the spice-thing. It was just an idea that popped up, but yeah, it would probably be an idea to stay away from for now at least, and since I still have to polish my RP abilities after my break from it, it'd probably be somewhat of a challenge as well. and if there's some distancing from it in the guild, I guess I'll just play it safe and scrape that idea :)

As for my online time, I'm online on non-Sundays as well, often enough, it's only that Sundays you can be more or less certain I'll be online ;) As for me playing in the daytime, that mainly is in the weekdays, but I usually stay up until around midnight - and I'll soon have more time, with holidays and all :) When I'm online at Fridays and Saturdays though, it usually is to well after midnight though.

As for ICly joining, it looks like I'll be avaible for the rest of the day, so if anyone gets the time, I'd be happy to play something out :)

Thanks for the cyborg note, and thanks for trialing me :)
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Post by SethAltair »

Hello there!

You've joined us during the last meters of my exam season in uni so, my officering capabilities are still quite low till the end of the week, until I fly home from UK on next Sunday. I'm willing and able to come up with something little to introduce Carelind Icly to Kestrels, but unfortunately I'll be able to do it properly only next week. Bad timing and whatnot. However in the meantime, get to know people and enjoy pve. I'll try to get back to you next week if someone else hasn't yet :)
gmiedz
Trialist

Post by gmiedz »

You got it ;) Good luck with the exams :)
mistaahh
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: mistaahh
SteamID: _mistaahh_
PSN Username: mistaahh

Post by mistaahh »

Bah, well, Lissz, you see how well I turned out :P

Anyhow, a welcome from me is in order.

Welcome!

Anyhow, about the cyborg race, on of my main characters, Stejia Endeavour is actually more machine then woman, because she got built after she was shredded to pieces by a rocket.

My schedule, well, I'm a school-going punk, and I play sometimes with friends, so, to find this out it's able for me to come, send me a pm on the forums, poke me when I'm ingame, and there's no player named 'Vaectris' online, I'll have time :P

Welcome! xD
gmiedz
Trialist

Post by gmiedz »

Okay, I'm still only putting the pieces together as to the exact whens and hows of how Care got her mechanical implants, but good to see it's not shunned upon… also, there's this other race, something like Miraukuu or something, the humans who looks through the force as it is, that's a Star Wars legit race as well? Well, it probably is, but I'd appreciate it if someone could shed a bit more light on them for me, beacuse they sound kinda intriguing ;)

And thanks for the welcome ;)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
mistaahh
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: mistaahh
SteamID: _mistaahh_
PSN Username: mistaahh

Post by mistaahh »

Yes, Miraluka is a legitimate race, both in star wars lore and playable on swtor.

However, my main is a human jedi, but got razed in the eyes with a lightsaber and blinded. He now has some sort of sonar-like vision through the force.

You're not restricted to what swtor lays out, you're restricted by your fantasy, aswell as by other roleplayers
gmiedz
Trialist

Post by gmiedz »

Thanks Lissz, I have bookmarked both the links ;)

And mistaahh, I know you're only limited by your fantasy, I just don't want to step out of line with any lore :P I remember back when I RP'ed in LOTRO, anyone stretching the lore just a bit too much was pretty much frowned upon, and as I'm still quite a newbie to the Star Wars universe, I don't wanna do anything that's frowned too much upon (as for the race, I have experienced games where they treated their lore more as... ahem, very loose inspiration than anything. Just wanted to make sure that this wasn't the case with this game) :)