Provider change

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Provider change

Post by Lisszia »

This Thursday (16th) We will try to switch net providers as form Friday our old one will stop the service. The problem is our house only connected to them. The new provider who gives service to nearly all other houses in the area will try to .. as they said "heck" in something for us for the time being...

It would be really shame if it would come to that that we have no provider who accepts us in the middle of the capital but seems it can happen and not sure if mobile net then would work with SWTOR or not as I am not sure the data need of the game while running. So I hope we can get a normal even if much slower net, but we shall see. It might not affect my gaming at all if all goes well, but if not I might disappear for some days. If it goes bad I will pop up at forum at least form friends to tel how things are in some days.

But I hope all goes well we shall see on Thursday.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Corvinius
Officer
SWTOR Characters: Corvinius Luvon

Re: Provider change

Post by Corvinius »

Good luck!

Hope that the switch will work properly so you and your family have full access without any problems.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

Things not going as planned Last day I have net for sure maybe tomorrow then old provider stops. The none is not connected, they cold not make it today. so we shall hope to get it done sometimes next week. So not sure about event tomorrow as I might be cut of anytime :(
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Raiah
SteamID: Leonick
Origin ID: Leonick
Xbox Live Gamertag: Leonick

Post by Raiah »

You mentioned phone as an alternative. Shouldn't need a lot of data while playing, few games do, your ping would likely be quite a bit worse though.
Main characters
Nesalia - Lvl 62?, Scoundrel
Rykorth - Lvl 65, Juggernaut
Corvinius
Officer
SWTOR Characters: Corvinius Luvon

Post by Corvinius »

Then thumbs are pressed!

Of course we will not run and await you, Liss.

:-)

So for you and your family I hope the problem will be solved as it certainly impedes life and life quality....
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

No I checked the netmeter. but a Tuesday download or a simply widows update are both eating up most of the mobile net sticks capacity. So .. not sure if I can get in game before we get normal net