A little game - Who are TKM?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: A little game - Who are TKM?

Post by JenDoon »

HM? You mean Hannibal? Sure, I'm Murdoch...obviously.
Blomsma
Ex-member

Post by Blomsma »

No no no, HM Murdock. As in Howling Mad Murdock. Look, Slide is face...or in his case..pants. Allright, you be Murdock. I'll be Hannibal (as I do love it when a plan comes together). Now all we need is a big ass trooper to be BA Baracus.
Kensertim
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kenser

Post by Kensertim »

Hey, if Slide is gonna be Pants, i wanna be Face :lol: To be honest though, I beleive the A-Team idea was from an earlier poat in this thread, I cannot take credit for that part, unless.... well I'll just leave it at that !!
Illegal is such a harsh word, sir

Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

'You Crazy Fools!' 'You just aint gonna get me on that starship ya hear?'
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Velorius
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tharan Elataar

Post by Velorius »

Oh, that's just gold :lol:
A wise man speaks because he has something to say;
A fool speaks because he has to say something.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

As we have many ne members now, the game continues!
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

Need read more more... so many fine threads.
Just toss in a few taughts mixed in from what i have read.

Hard to know what stories, events there will be. But its sure, i think this treaty will not hold, probably in updates. Need keep that in mind maybe.

Reading all and combine my own feelings, i see TKM as The HUTT, but more opposite, underdog, order, republic minded. And small bunch at start. Hutt could become more of Nemesis.

TKM mission is to search and find knowledge of or find something/someone. (Archeologic, artifact(s), dataslice) Bits scattered throughout galaxy. VOSS sounds nice for this.

There are many planets caught in the middle of republic vs empire.
Like Alderaan where the Houses battle. TKM could be founded as part of unknown house also with an agenda, not necessary come in power.

Belsavis suited as escapees bunch. Of course "innocent" of their crimes, need find out why, who is resposible and founded TKM. (see last part for Jedi to come in, maybe willingly captured as ordered then ordered to escape as part of xxx)

Hoth nice safeheaven, hq type planet

Ilum would suit as well as not all died there. Keeping the Empire busy and find out what is so important here. (this planet is probably also a big part of my characters storyline.)

Qesh because the name is just awesome...
etc. Maybe a Planet(s) to choose TKM founded or works to storywise is lowl level acces or end level.

TKM bit like covert operation for a Senator (or few) is nice touch also and may i add a twist to it. Senators think they control, have influence, but TKM is working for, founded by one. A member of Jedi Councel, type like Yoda. Seeking this specific something.

"Dont do everything that is good right, just do what is right good"
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

For some reason Friesian the style of how you write makes me think of you as Mordin Solus (from Mass effect 2). It is enjoyable.
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

Kaetha wrote:For some reason Friesian the style of how you write makes me think of you as Mordin Solus (from Mass effect 2). It is enjoyable.
Aaah. Do not know the guy. Some editor once called an article i wrote for a magazine, staggatio writing.

I found the guy! Yeah that is me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJcwmjM8mE
Aurvan
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Corwan

Post by Aurvan »

After reading through the thread, I got a couple of ideas. I like the A-team idea, but mixed in with the 2004 Equatorial Guinea coup d'état attempt for back story. Only that the coup is about liberty, not resources.

A tenuous peace between the re-emergent Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic affects most planets in the Galaxy. The Republic is afraid that any action taken against the Sith will result in open war, and so more and more settlements on systems distant to Coruscant are abandoned to Sith domination.

A lot of people are frustrated about the Republic's inaction, including republic officials. One of these is Ani-Wan Duo*, a hero of the Great Galactic War, and a friend of several members of the Galactic Senate**. His birthplace*** is now under Sith control, and he wants support from the senate to take it back. Due to the political situation they can't back him officially, but they won't stop him either, and he even gets funding from a few of them to gather the necessary resources.

After having gathered several of his war buddies, as well as fugitives from his birthplace, they start their operation. But unbeknownst to them, The Sith had been warned about their arrival, and were waiting for them. As soon as they had landed their ships, they were ambushed. One ship managed to escape the ambush, but was shot down before it could leave the planet. A few survived the crash and escaped to a republic controlled zone. The ones who didn't escape, were either killed or arrested by the sith forces.

Of course, no one from the Republic acknowledges Duo and his men when the Sith accuse the Republic of attacking The Sith Empire. Duo feels abandoned by the Republic, and even the jedi among his men receive no help from the Jedi Order. Duo is then executed when the Sith realise they have no more use for him. The rest of his men are either kept as slaves, killed for insubordination, or - for the jedi - put into a "special" program...

The surviving members of the group try to find out how the Sith knew about the mission, what politicians were their supporters, and then tried to follow the money trail to blackmail them into admission that they at least had funded the operation, but with little success. Instead they used the remaining funds to make a more permanent group, with the will and ability to fight injustice without having to rely on flimsy political backing.

They called themselves The Kestrel Minority, and managed to free some of their captured friends when the Sith moved them off-world. With a hatred for the Sith, and a mistrust to the Galactic Republic, they fought against injustice all over the galaxy, with members from all walks of life - from Republic Troopers and Jedi Knights, to... import/export pilots...

*Ani-Wan Duo is a placeholder name ;)
**If it was still called that back then.
***Any planet that is contested. He's not liberating a whole planet, just a country/city that is currently under sith control.

Yes, I realise I edited the post so much that I changed tense a few times :P
And I don't know if it's a good thing to have loose ends in a back story for an MMO, since we can't exactly find out who betrayed Duo among the NPCs we meet ;)
Anyway, it was just a rough idea of a back story I got. Someone with proper writing skills should probably rewrite it if it's even worth keeping.