What are you currently playing?

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Machior »

It is brilliant. It lives up to all the Zelda expectancies and more!
It's probably the hardest Zelda (after Link's Adventure) that is around. It returns to more skill based boss fights instead of only just some tricks to finish them off.

The story is really good, and it is a damn long game. I gather there is roughly 7-8 dungeons (not entirely sure as I haven't finished it yet), and getting to and completing each dungeon will take you quite a while. Actually having said that, the area that leads up to the dungeon is as much part of it as the dungeon itself. Lots of puzzling to be done to even be able to enter it.
To give you a rough estimate, I have played roughly 12 hours on both Saturday and Sunday (so 24 hours in total) and I was able to beat the first 4 dungeons, with little side tracking. I am currently working on getting towards the 5th dungeon, and it is a blast still.

Also there's some small sidequests, some rather standard Zelda stuff (deliver hot juice in bottle within x minutes to specific person on other side of the map) and some not so standard, but very much fun.
Lastly, all the random stuff you pick up (bugs, monster drops and some other things) are useful beyond just being collectibles. They serve as materials to upgrade some of your hard earned gear. So you can (if you want) upgrade some of your items by collecting resources.

[Small spoiler, about a certain game element incoming]
There's an aspect of nearly every Zelda to be found in the game. Some more obvious than others (the most obvious one was the collection of "tears" later on in the game, being a near direct copy of the Twilight Princess' "light essence" collection you do when you enter a new zone still covered in Twilight).
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

Machior wrote: Also there's some small sidequests, some rather standard Zelda stuff (deliver hot juice in bottle within x minutes to specific person on other side of the map) and some not so standard, but very much fun.
Haha this reminded me of this epic clip http://www.collegehumor.com/video/57173 ... stractions

Sounds great though i'll be sure to get it when i get enough money xD
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Krytar
Ex-member

Post by Krytar »

Some Guildwars (rarely) and Lotro since it's free now.
"When there is no enemies inside, the enemies outside can't hurt you"
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Minecraft! Mwuahaha....