Music...

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Sythrael
Registered

Re: Music...

Post by Sythrael »

Yeah... usually I'm pretty open, having reached a point in my life when I don't listen to much music, merely because the music I wan to listen to I feel would be bad for my daughters' emotional development.

Before my children were here to hinder my music appreciation... well...

Tool - my absolute favorite
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Creed
Staind
Radiohead
Weezer
Blind Melon
Linkin Park
Korn
Metallica
Evanescence - yes, I know they're posers, but there's something about the purity of Amy Lee's voice to the goth music that reminds me of fallen angels.
A Perfect Circle - Maynard is just brilliant.
Live

And many various others as the mood would suit me.
[color=#800000]True Chaos is neither good nor evil, but a random sequencing of both. To eradicate the one is to eradicate balance. So tell me, fellow Jedi, is it balance we are after, or self destruction?[/color]
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Did you hear the song Deftones and Maynard did together on the album "white pony"..

here it is for you. His singing is sublime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvyr79Qe4k
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

*necro*

Recently stumbled upon this gem. Truly marvelous. In fact, the same can be said for that entire YouTube channel. Some real talent, there.
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

Cool thread, worthy of a battle rez!

I like my own music naturally, you can hear my work here http://www.endosine.com it's minimal techno which is my favorite genre. I also like making ambient music, but it's something I don't often record. Jeff Mills and Plastikman / Richie Hawtin are my top two favorites. Outside of electronic music I listen to dub / reggae, ambient, old school hip hop, and the usual Sci-Fi / Anime soundtrack action.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Nekxyu wrote:*necro*

Recently stumbled upon this gem. Truly marvelous. In fact, the same can be said for that entire YouTube channel. Some real talent, there.
I liked it, liked it very much.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Tym
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tymran

Post by Tym »

Nekxyu wrote:*necro*

I do usually see most of the people around as the idiotic masses they are and have very little positive to say of humanity as whole. Its people like these that bring light to my days and help me see that humans are not just cancer of this planet but can actually create something amazingly beautiful. Thank for sharing Nekxyu.
Never tell me the odds!
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

That's... a very pessimistic viewpoint. I, for one, am proud to be a human, and especially happy to be alive at this crucial point in our history; we could still be alive in thousands of years, guys! It's a very realistic option.

Perhaps not, though. In any case, I think we should follow the immortal words of Brian, and always look on the bright side of life.
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph