Fav Star Wars Novel

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Cheesey
Ex-member

Fav Star Wars Novel

Post by Cheesey »

Anyone got a favourite? I've just read the Han Solo trilogy on holiday and loved it. Got 240+ more SW eBook's for kindle to go through and there's a few set in Old Republic so reading them right now.

8-)
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
Plus I was sure it was called The Kestrel Minority and not JenDoons Ego.
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Re: Fav Star Wars Novel

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

I read Darth Bane book 1 and 2 recently, and they really blew me away. Probably my favourites, biggest "starwarsm" (wtf) since I saw Mace Windu (come close to) owning Darth Sidious in RotS. Gotta get hold of the third one.
Also dug Deceived and Outbound Flight (currently reading). I mostly get the audiobooks though, they are awesome with the ambient sound, music and sound fx. Looking forward to get Revan!
Anyone else got recommendations?
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Well, I haven't read that much in SW books (one of the things I might want to improve, but then some storylines seem a bit meh, like the Yuuzan Vong thing).

Anyway, the only real series I have read is the Heir of the Empire series by Timothy Zahn. A really good series imho and showcases the rather popular Grand Admiral Thrawn. The only non-human Grand Admiral in Palpatine's Empire, a Chiss to be exact.
Cheesey
Ex-member

Post by Cheesey »

Im starting Fatal Alliance by Sean Williams, set in Old Republic. If i pace it, i'll finish it bout same time as launch lol
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

"I, Jedi" by Michael Stackpole. Hands down the best star wars book I've ever read, and I think I've read almost all of them. What I love about it is the adult nature of the book and the fact the main character, Corran Horn isn't a Jedi at the start and never really fully becomes a Jedi. He is a top class investigator and pilot and has hard core views about justice and morals that are as strong as Luke Skywalkers.

The Han Solo trilogy is good, as is the Thrawn ones. I'd also highly recommend the whole Yuzhang Vong series, though be prepared for the deaths of some major characters.

I'm working my way through the "fate of the Jedi" series right now, off and on just hoping one of them finally kills off Luke, whose character I really don't like anymore.

VOTE FOR KYP!
Filious
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Filious

Post by Filious »

I agree with the Han Solo, I, Jedi and especially the Thrawn books, also love the Rogue Squadron books, i think there's 11 in the series and read them all many times.

Once I've finished my current reading list I think I'll be back on the Star Wars books, but if you have "240" on your kindle list i think I've probably about 200+ books to read :)
Helping a Jedi leads to no profit, so how is it I always end up helping...
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

Machior wrote:(...)

Anyway, the only real series I have read is the Heir of the Empire series by Timothy Zahn. A really good series imho and showcases the rather popular Grand Admiral Thrawn. The only non-human Grand Admiral in Palpatine's Empire, a Chiss to be exact.
If you like Thrawn, you gotta check out "Outbound Flight". I will say no more... ;)

Thanks for the other tips. "I, Jedi", seems like one i definitely have to get.
Cheesey, have you red "Deceived" (extremely good as audio book)? If not, that should be priority one before Fatal Alliance. And you don't really have to read Fatal Alliance to go on to Revan I think, which is the third book in the SWTOR series.

I also recommend the SWTOR comic (only 2 issues so far), it's pretty decent.
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Malgunn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Malgunn

Post by Malgunn »

JenDoon wrote:"I, Jedi" by Michael Stackpole. Hands down the best star wars book I've ever read, and I think I've read almost all of them.
Just got it from amazon for £0.01 :P

thanks for the advice!

Malgunn Galazin
Smuggler ¦ Scoundrel ¦ Trader

SMUGGLERS: Don’t go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path. . . and leave a burning trail
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Machior wrote:Well, I haven't read that much in SW books (one of the things I might want to improve, but then some storylines seem a bit meh, like the Yuuzan Vong thing).

Same here, I read only the 9 episodes and some other, mostly by Thimothy Zahn not because it is SW but because I like his style very much.

Now I'm rereading the Heir of empire series last I read it 6 years ago.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Cheesey
Ex-member

Post by Cheesey »

Yoonbak thanks, I'll switch to Deceived then before I get too deep into Fatal :)

When I get home later I can post a list of the ebooks I have for SW, there's maybe some that aren't proper SW ones for all i know but they seem like they are .