Mod System - Long Dev Post

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Mod System - Long Dev Post

Post by Zenkutsu »

There was a very long developer post on the official forums yesterday regarding the current iteration of the mod system. It's an interesting read and explains a great deal, especially if like me you found it all a bit confusing.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... it11832962
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: Mod System - Long Dev Post

Post by JenDoon »

Zenkutsu wrote:There was a very long developer post on the official forums yesterday regarding the current iteration of the mod system. It's an interesting read and explains a great deal, especially if like me you found it all a bit confusing.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... it11832962

Yeah I read that yesterday. It is good to know they are at least explaining their reasons.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Very good find,

Hum I had an orange (moddable) robe I got with commendations on Tython but it wasn't moddable :(
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

Yeah I got a couple of orange pieces as quest rewards over the weekend.

They came unmodded and were therefore useless until you had suitable mods. Bit disappointing initially not to be able to wear your shiny new whatever.. However I can see me keeping all the good looking stuff in my ship's cargo hold with all the crafting supplies so I can put together groovy outfits that are actually useful at high level.

Should be fun!
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

WHat I meant, I got according to their colour system a fully moddable robe, it had no mod slots. I couldn't even modify it though I wanted to. I mean no mod slots not empty mod slots.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

I really like the style in which they are communicating the change. I hope they continue with such an open and detailed style. That said, it seems like a pretty major system to be changing this close to launch. I understand that they didn't want people grinding boots as the example was to get high level mods. Then they go on to say that you can get the mods from running the instance anyways so if a high end armor mod drops around the same time as the boots isn't that the same situation as just grinding the boots? Seems like they still have a lot to work out. That's probably what happened with the drop you got Zenosis, unfinished bits in the DB. It'll be interesting to see how it changes down the road.

The comment about orange armor patterns dropping from mobs and FPs and such was interesting. Makes me think my consular might head towards SynthWeaving.
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

Zenosis wrote:WHat I meant, I got according to their colour system a fully moddable robe, it had no mod slots. I couldn't even modify it though I wanted to. I mean no mod slots not empty mod slots.
That's actually what I thought you meant, my response unintentionally sounds like I'm trying to enlighten/correct you whereas I think I may have spotted something like that myself. No doubt it was a bug.

I wonder if synthweaving includes anything that isn't really armour? Could be a very lucrative profession.