As one ends another begins...

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

As one ends another begins...

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Star Wars Galaxies ends on 15th December 2011.

I have great memories of this game, and I feel a little sad that it will be coming to an end. It was the first MMORPG I played, and the one I have the best memories from. I was gob-smacked at the size and scale of the game when I first played it.

I remember starting out in the universe when it first launched and having to run everywhere around the different planets. There were no speeders available when the game launched. Leveling my Bounty Hunter seemed to take years.

At my peek of playing SWG. I had 3 accounts running, so I could have 3 characters on one server. You could only have one char per server for the first few years. I had stores on many planets, selling tailored goods, food, and Bio-enhanced items. We would go on massive guild hunts when certain mobs spawned somewhere, and the they were worth a fortune in credits. I had accounts set up with other players and I would pay them a weekly rent, so I could use them to mine ore for me. I racked up millions in credits. It was a great time.

Sitting at a star port with my medical droid and earning a fortune from buffing other players. I charged a fair rate, but never ripped folks off. I also never spammed, just the odd phrase every now and then.

So it's good bye SWG, but hello SWTOR. I hope I have as much fun in the new universe as I did in the old one. (I promised myself I wouldn't mention the CU or the NGE)

Anyone else have good memories of SWG?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Cheesey
Ex-member

Re: As one ends another begins...

Post by Cheesey »

I have very fond memories of the early but broken game. I didn't care that it didn't work properly, it was STAR WARS after all !

I joined SWG in early beta and had to pay £30 for postage from the states for the discs. No digital download then lol. Had great time , couldn't believe how big the planets were and for first time in ages found my self exploring instead of just exp grinding ( like EQ and DAoC)

I remember when we all got to test mounts, they spawn loads of them for us and we all found you didn't take damage from falls while mounted and spend hours trying to find the biggest cliffs lol.

I moved home the week it went live and the first thing I remember was the planet travel had changed , no more free beta travel. Took me ages to get around but still loved it.

Ended up with Master Architect amongst others. On the night before the NGE patch( the one that destroyed the game IMHO by removing certain classes etc and change the game into another game basically) I was messing with respecs and during this the server went boom. They never rebooted since it was less than hour till server off anyway.
The following day we all log in and check our chars, the level as based on the points you had SPENT (since there were no levels as such before) of course I was level one with LOTS of save unspent points. They refused to reinstate my char or levels and i tried to level him up again in new system but just couldn't stomach it.

I still miss the game though from before and when I see vids of SWTOR and hear the music at certain points , it brings back happy thoughts :)

Right that's taken up some more time....is it release day yet? :D
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
Plus I was sure it was called The Kestrel Minority and not JenDoons Ego.
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

The choices of species and character customisation. It was swell to start with.

I played a mon-calamari, had a nice setup at house and remember regurlar customers. Like there were these two dudes that didnot care about crafting. Hunters that came to me on regurlar times to sell there stuff and buy some nice stuff i made for them. They preorderd stuf, lol. Nice talsk with them.

Then the change came... people left... my guild ended... i quit too
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

I built a fish tank in my bunker.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I found a very old pic. Those were my three characters, stood with the old man that used to visit you about being a Jedi.

I managed to get all three characters logged on at the same time, by messing with something in the program files and triple-logging on one PC!

One shot of the inside of my ship.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

Jens Jutoon wrote:I found a very old pic. Those were my three characters, stood with the old man that used to visit you about being a Jedi.

I managed to get all three characters logged on at the same time, by messing with something in the program files and triple-logging on one PC!

One shot of the inside of my ship.

Ah the old jedi man. Memories of trekking back and forth across Dathomir to 'that' village, going afk and returning to find my BARC speeder got stuck on a tree and I've been killed by Rancors/Night Sisters.

and TKM still makes me think of Teras Kasi Master.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I was a deplorable click Jedi for about 4 years and loved every second of it. I learned to roleplay in SWG, and PvP and all manner of MMO things.

However, SWG as a game should have been taken out back and shot in the head like a dog with rabies a long time ago. It was bad build built on top of bad build and it even had bugs from the first few weeks of its release!

I'll always remember SWG fondly because of the amazing community I played it with and all the RP events I did and took part in, but as a game it was deeply flawed, even though in places brilliant.