How high is 6ft?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Filious
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Filious

How high is 6ft?

Post by Filious »

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I wondered something, when creating a character from what I remember you get a scroll bar to change your height on the screen.

This made me wonder, how high would a 6ft character be on the scroll bar, 70% across, or only 50%, or less???

I just imagined a character saying they were 6ft, meeting another who was shorter at 5ft 8in, and in the game the shorter one was the same height, or taller than the other... as we don't actually have a reference point to know :)
Helping a Jedi leads to no profit, so how is it I always end up helping...
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Re: How high is 6ft?

Post by Slide »

As far as I know in SWTOR, there's no such thing as a scroll bar to set your character's height. You can choose between 4 body types and 2 genders, and those define height, which isn't expressed in any measurements.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I'd all but the smallest body size are 6ft or over. Size 2, which is a sort of average is easily 6ft, size 3 and 4 are pushing closer to 7ft, by comparision.
Filious
Ex-member

Post by Filious »

ah cool, i only got in the beta for 2 days, and only created 2 characters, so did wonder if my memory was bad, i just remember lots of scroll bars for the creation and was sure one was height, but i'm happy to know this won't be an issue, thanks :)
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

JenDoon wrote:I'd all but the smallest body size are 6ft or over. Size 2, which is a sort of average is easily 6ft, size 3 and 4 are pushing closer to 7ft, by comparision.
I'd have said the average was more like 5'9" or 5'10" with the largest 6'4" or 6'5". I know the actual proportions are more exaggerated but having a ton of 7'+ peeps running around just seems more ridiculous than I can get my head round.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

JJ will be using body type 3, and I'm saying he is around 6'2"

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Cheesey
Ex-member

Post by Cheesey »

Well going by the rate humans increase height over the generation ( our ancestors were pretty small by todays standards) 7 ft wouldnt be a shock on the SW timeline.

Its a pity the generating of characters is dumbed down imho.Its always part of the fun for me .
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
Plus I was sure it was called The Kestrel Minority and not JenDoons Ego.
Tym
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tymran

Post by Tym »

Well i rather like the limited options. Aion allowed a lot of customizations and i am pretty sure that some assholes went so far as to make ebbies and hentai tentacle monsters. I am glad i will not be encoutering assholes with weird tastes. And i would love to see more races but i am sure that some idiots would start complaining about all classes having the same voice despite the race. You can never please everyone i guess.
Never tell me the odds!
Filious
Ex-member

Post by Filious »

Tym wrote:I am glad i will not be encoutering assholes with weird tastes.
you still will, it just won't be as obvious :(