Guild Nights

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Re: Guild Nights

Post by Zenkutsu »

I only did the Esseles once during the beta, but wasn't the scenario that the party were on a ship heading to Coruscant? They could easily have no prior knowledge of each other beforehand being thrown together for the purposes of the flashpoint.

An interesting way to introduce newer peeps to TKM perhaps?
Yakusoku
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Yaku, Jibeley

Post by Yakusoku »

Zenkutsu wrote:I only did the Esseles once during the beta, but wasn't the scenario that the party were on a ship heading to Coruscant? They could easily have no prior knowledge of each other beforehand being thrown together for the purposes of the flashpoint.

I love this idea. In the past ive always tended to avoid IC runs of new things. Mostly cause half the time it takes enough effort just to stay organised, and make sure folk know what there suppose to be doing in each boss encounter, let alone RP as well (Nothing to do with me launching my keyboard across the room when i get killed for stupid reasons, no defo not that........*whisltes*)

But it would be fun once folk are geared to go back and do these kind of things in the flashpoints. And the other game modes. Some folk would love the idea as an entery to the guild RP, while others may not i guess. Either way i plan to do it at some point. Though if we all die on the ship, i blame the droid.
Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers and me.
.Kermit de frog.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Zenkutsu wrote:I only did the Esseles once during the beta, but wasn't the scenario that the party were on a ship heading to Coruscant? They could easily have no prior knowledge of each other beforehand being thrown together for the purposes of the flashpoint.

Love it, great idea.
Filious
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Filious

Post by Filious »

I'll be signing up for guild events, part of the fun of a game like this is doing something regularly with other people, thought work is going to be a little mental on time in the new year, I may be away again but trying very very hard to stay in the UK :)
Helping a Jedi leads to no profit, so how is it I always end up helping...
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

I will most likely be participating in all of them with my best ability. I just love guild events and I think it's good to have plenty so even if people miss out on a few, they can still get in later and not feel left out.
Yakusoku
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Yaku, Jibeley

Post by Yakusoku »

A question related to the early access and full game start. Are you guys planning events for the early access period.

Or are you waiting till the offical release date for an event so that everyone (well mostly everyone) is going to be in the game.
Good thing is, even if something is arranged in game, folk can still jump on mumble till they have access.
Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers and me.
.Kermit de frog.
Filious
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Filious

Post by Filious »

Yakusoku wrote:A question related to the early access and full game start. Are you guys planning events for the early access period.

Or are you waiting till the offical release date for an event so that everyone (well mostly everyone) is going to be in the game.
Good thing is, even if something is arranged in game, folk can still jump on mumble till they have access.
I think somewhere else there was a post that most people wouldn't be able to log on till after the 20th, so i don't think there's events during early access.
Helping a Jedi leads to no profit, so how is it I always end up helping...
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

It's mentioned in the OP. The guild event will probably start next year, after all the celebration thingies are done and everyone can log in.
Silgan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: silgan-klara

Post by Silgan »

with kids, early&late shifts + working every two weekends i will not be able to be a regular player.. but still, its great to have a schedule! I liked pvp pretty much in wow.. not played a single minut of Tor but Slide told me pvp is fun.
My boss is quite flexible, so i will be able to attent important guildevents.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

It has been rather tricky for me to arrange to meet with our alliance members. Most everyone it seems is just frantically levelling. Keep in mind we are still in week 1 of the game.

There will be lots of meet and greet and other roleplay type events coming very soon. I can promise you a few things.

1. I'll advertise them in game and on the website so you have plenty of notice.
2. Social events will be repeated regularly, hopefully once a week so don't worry if you miss one.

I'd also like to address a concern raised by, I think Exerces in another thread. Whilst using the Esseles, or another flashpoint as an RP explanation of how you meet guild members might sound like a good idea. Think about how odd it will be for several people in our guild to have the same story.

"where did you meet slide?"
"oh, we were taking a ship to Coruscant, have you heard of the Esseles..well, you'll never believe what happened!"
"wait I know how this ends...."

/wink