Class census - Statistical results

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Sunus
Ex-member

Class census - Statistical results

Post by Sunus »

>>>LAST UPDATED 18th DECEMBER, 2011<<<

Alright kestrels, The questionaire have been up and running for about two and a half week. 43 of you filled it out, so about 2/3 the guild participated. Good work all!

[Questionaire link: http://tkm.darksword.nl/index.php?optio ... &f=3&t=533 ]

This also mean however that the certainty of the results are only about 50%. I would have loved to have everyone filling it, but I have been told that the 26 that did are those active on the forum. So, no point in in continuing for another week.

That being said, The questionaire will remain open for the following reasons.

1) The questionaire is always relevant, and can be updated at people fill it in.

2) This will allow the rest a chance to fill it out as well.

3) As people starts to make alts, you can fill it out once more for your character

4) It allows us a quick overview of the quantity of roles, classes and crew skills taken and lacking.

As a final note the data will only concentrate on main character, since that is what people most likely will be playing as their first character.

The data presented here sould be read as:
"Subject in question" "number of guildmembers" "Percentage of voters".
For example:
"Jedi Consular________7________ 27%" -equals- "7 players have chosen the Jedi Consular Class. These 7 represents 27% of the voters"

The resulta are...

Character classes

Trooper_____________9________21%
Jedi Knight_________12________29%
Jedi Consular________9________21%
Smuggler__________12________29%

As we can see the amount of force users are equal to non-force user classes. Troopers and Knights have the same quantity, just as Smugglers and Consulars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advance classes

The following four graphs shows the results for the advance classes

Trooper advance classes

Commando________6________14%
Vanguard_________3_________7%

Out of 9 troopers, 6 will go commando and 3 will go vanguard.

Jedi Knight advance classes

Jedi Guardian________8________19%
Jedi Sentinel________4________10%

Out of 12 Jedi Knights, 4 will go sentinel and 8 will go guardians.

Jedi Consular advance classes

Jedi Sage__________7________17%
Jedi Shadow________2________5%

Out of 9 Jedi Consulars, 7 will go sage and 2 will go shadow.

Smuggler advance classes

Gunslinger________8________19%
Scoundrel_________4________10%

Out of 12 smugglers 4 will go scoundrel and 8 will go gunslinger

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roles

Tank______________12________19%
Healing____________10________27%
Ranged damage_______________19________46%
Melee damage________10________19%
Support______________7________19%

It should be noted that people were allowed to take on more than one role, which some did. This is why the percentage adds up to more than 100%. Understand the results as "27% of the voted chose healing as a role" etc.

Crew skills

People were not required to chose one of each. Some chose only two skills, others chose two of the same category. This is why there may not be exactly 100% under each skill-catagory.

Crafting skills

Armortech________1________3%
Armstech_________6________18%
Artifice___________9________26%
Biochem__________4________12%
Cybertech_________9________26%
Synthweaving______5________15%

Artifice and cybertech are cleare favorites, most likely due to the large amount of force characters. Armortech is that crew skill that is the least choosen. So to the new player and those that have only chosen two skills; if you seek something that few others seems to become masters in, then armortech may be the way to go.

Gathering skills

Archaeology________13_______36%
Bioanalysis_________5________14%
Scavenging________15________42%
Slicing____________7_________19%

Bioanalysis is the least choosen in this case. In comparison it'll seem like this guild will become masters of Lore and Junk :P

Mission skills

Diplomacy__________9________29%
Investigation________9________29%
Treasure Hunting________7________23%
Underworld Trading________9________29%

The mission skills are all pretty much equal in quantity. It is safe to say that, at this moment, we have no lackage of a specific skill.

Tea or Coffee

Not really RP relevant, but since people voted, I'll show the results anyway for good measure.

Tea___________9________21%
Coffe__________9________21%
Both__________9________21%
Neither________2________5%
Other_________13________31%

Nemesis

Last question started out as being a non-serious bonus question. The results became interesting though. Make of the data as you will, but for RPG value, this information could be incorpurated at some point, either personally or for the guild as a whole. But that's up for debate I believe.

Trooper____________0________0%
Jedi Knight__________1________2%
Jedi Consular________0________0%
Smuggler___________1________2%
Bounty Hunter_______12________29%
Sith Warrior_________3________7%
Sith Inquisitor_______5________12%
Imperial Agent_______8________19%
A robot_____________1________2%
Tax collector_________2________5%
Evil twin____________2________5%
Other______________7________17%

While it is no surprise that the vast majority of emesis' of the guild members are imperial in nature, it do seem like that the empire have a thorn in their sides form us. The large quantity of bounty hunters and imperial agents on the list could indicate that someone in the other camp wants us gone for good, by all means necessary.

That's all folks. As mention at the beginning I appologize for the lack of illustrations, but I just can't see how the heck this image-things work on the forum.
Anyway, hope that the data is useable!
Last edited by Sunus on Sun Dec 18, 2011 20:19, edited 2 times in total.
"A Trooper dosn't get tired, he just reloads" - Charles Boyd, tOR/Bioware writer
# 1666: "If if takes more than five minutes for the debris to stop falling, I need to pick a smaller gun."
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Re: Class census - Statistical results

Post by Nekxyu »

Interesting stats.

Promising indeed, though I sense that we Consular Sages outnumber our Shadow fellows quite alot :P Luckily, the roles seem to have evened out in the end.

It looks like we are pretty much perfectly set in our Tank/Healer/DPS ratios.
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

Excellent stats and very informative. Thanks for finding the time to gather and upload these!
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

The one vote for a Robot nemisis was me! :lol:
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

This is brilliant work Sunus, really amazing of you to make the effort.

You can be my wingman any time!
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Nice statistic, thanks for your work with it.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Sunus
Ex-member

Post by Sunus »

Well, I wanted to see something like this myself, so I went making it. Gives me some training with google documents as well.

Yeah, we seems to be very even with our classes and roles in the guild, but remember that only 26 persons voted. That leaves a 29 uncounted for.

Ans as said, the questionaire will remain open for when / if the remaining half come along and for when you go make your alts at some point.
- Then I'll come update the data as needed be.
"A Trooper dosn't get tired, he just reloads" - Charles Boyd, tOR/Bioware writer
# 1666: "If if takes more than five minutes for the debris to stop falling, I need to pick a smaller gun."
Rhanite
Ex-member

Post by Rhanite »

That is an excellent census. Very informative - quite fun and well made. Kudos!
Sunus
Ex-member

Post by Sunus »

Alright people. I have updated the numbers, schemas and procents for our statistical overview of classes, roles etc.
As of this point, 43 people have participated in the questionaire.