SWTOR Double Application: Cécelia Winter and Gardaan Jast

Cécelia
SWTOR Characters: Cécelia Winter

SWTOR Double Application: Cécelia Winter and Gardaan Jast

Post by Cécelia »

Hi there! I hope you don't mind us posting our applications in one thread, as I'm afraid we're a 2 in 1 deal! My name is Martine and my boyfriend James will be posting his application below mine shortly :)

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
Yes I have (just to let you know, I had to view the rules through Guild Info > Rules and Guidelines, as the link in the application thread gave me a 404).

Are you at least 18 years old?
Yes, I'm 23 (23-10-1989).

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
I'm Martine, 23 years old (wait I said that already, didn't I?!), Dutch, and living in North London with my English boyfriend James and kitty Muffin. I'm hoping to study Veterinary Nursing next school year, although at the moment it's not certain yet as I'm trying to secure a place in a training practice, which is very difficult due to the popularity of the course. I'm currently working in a tea room which is just around the corner from where we live, although I hope to find a new job soon. My hobbies include cooking and baking (I have a recipe blog here martinesrecipes.blogspot.co.uk), crafting, watching films, travelling, reading and of course gaming! I'm not playing a lot of other games at the moment, but I've currently got SimCity and Guild Wars 2 installed (although I haven't logged into GW2 for ages) and also love to play the occasional RPG on our PS3. As for MMO history, I played World of Warcraft for around 4 years, and used to raid quite intensively. Now I'm just looking for a casual, social gaming experience!

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
I'm definitely interested in role-playing, although I have 0 to very, very little experience. I would like to use SWTOR to learn how to RP, in quite a visual environment (as opposed to just text, if that makes sense!). My boyfriend runs a Star Wars RP forum (Sithlore), and I would like to join eventually, although at the moment I'm definitely not a confident enough writer!

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
I miss the community aspect from when I played World of Warcraft, it's so much more fun to play a game together with people you know and get along with. I think I can offer you an active, dedicated member in return. My main interest in the game currently is PVE (exploring, questing and the occasional flashpoint), although in time I might be interested in some more organized end game content, depending how much free time work and school will allow me.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
My main (and currently only) character is Cécelia Winter.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
Born to affluent parents on Coruscant, Cécelia Winter never cared much for the lifestyle of the wealthy and privileged. Cécelia's mother died in childbirth, leaving her father, a major facility administrator on one of Coruscant's orbital stations, to raise Cécelia by himself. He made sure she lived an extremely sheltered life as a young child. However, one faithful day, at the age of 16, Cécelia was kidnapped by a group of political dissidents. Or so it seemed. Not agreeing with her father's old fashioned political views, she had been secretly plotting with a group of smugglers. For a hefty sum of credits, they were certainly willing to fake a kidnapping, providing a way out of a controlled, stifling life for Cécelia. Free of societies restrictions, Cécelia now takes nobodies orders but her own.

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?
I think I would prefer to join out of character for now, if that's ok!

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay?
I joined a few of my boyfriend's Warhammer Fantast RP sessions (which he runs for a small group of people from home), I definitely enjoyed it although I was to shy to properly 'speak in character'! I think the barrier will be lower in a digital environment though.

Where did you find out about our guild?
I googled the name of our server to find a list of RP guilds, which directed me to this thread. Your guild and description stood out to me, so here we are!

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?
I don't think so! I hope accepting a double application won't be a problem!

Also, this is the best smiley > :trap:
Gardaan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: Gardaan, Zothip, Jinaar

Re: SWTOR Double Application: Cécelia Winter and Gardaan Jas

Post by Gardaan »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
L1k3 t0ta77y d00dz.

I jest, I jest. ;). Understood and agreed with to boot.

Are you at least 18 years old?
I was born in the 70s. Not by a long way, but it was definitely the 70s. Wow.

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
I'm James, the aforementioned boyfriend. I'm a massive nerd, roleplayer and Star Wars geek. I run http:www.sithlore.com, a Star Wars roleplaying board set 28 years after the battle of Yavin. (We are always looking for new
members so do check it out if writing is your bag!
I'm a useless gamer, but a gamer nonetheless!

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
Never actually RPed in an MMO before, but I'd love to give it a try.

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?

It seems to me that you guys have a sensible attitude, relaxed in terms of gameplay but with RP integrity without being too serious or intense. That's just what I'm looking for.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
Gardaan Just.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
Gardaan was born in space to Miriulan religious extremists who believed that mainstream Miriulan religion was too watered down by outside influences. However, he was brought up by his paternal uncle who made a generous donation in order to remove Gardaan from the cult. Anaris Jast was a senior engineer working for the Republic military, and so Gradaan spent most of his childhood on the space stations and facilities his uncle designed and built. Being around military types most of his life, he was no stranger to weapons, but instead of going in to the military as many had expected he instead took a position on a "trade" ship, and therein learned the life of a Smuggler.

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?
I don't need to but would be happy to if that's normal or preferred. Only just started playing the game, so still a bit sketchy on the social side of things- presumably you RP in guild chat?

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay?
Yes, I GM a Monday night session of Legend of the Five Rings, and have played various other games too. Generally a fan of tabletop RP. Have also ran a Star Wars themed Roleplay board which is faction based and semi-free form (there's a force system, XP, online store and other such shiny gadgets). Basically though its a forum based play by post RPG.

Where did you find out about our guild?
She did the research. I did what I was told. Trust
Me, it's best that way ;).

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?

I'm green. How cool is that?! (Although I wish the Miriluan were better developed as a species- I picked them for looks and novelty reasons mostly, but would have rather played a Mon Calamari, Whiphid or Iotran).
Gardaan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: Gardaan, Zothip, Jinaar

Post by Gardaan »

...Or a Kerestrian.... Ithorian.... Nautolan.... The list goes on ;)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Welcome to us I'll add you two as trialists, so you have forum access. Poke some officer in game for an invite
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

We usually do not Rp in guild chat that is OOC channel but as I tend to mix channels you will see me there instead of say at some point... We have casual RP -ers and some less casual ones, up to you when and how you want to try it. If you want to run IC quests or FP, me or SethAltair can join you in in some most likely, probably someone else who has time and mood- and so on...
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Post by SethAltair »

Hello you two! Glad to have you along and hopefully you'll like it here. Having a recent rush of trialist you've been set to queue to be dealt with. Kidding aside, I'll be poking you about introducing you to guild rp :) If you're feeling hesitant, you can just come OOC to a couple of events to see how it goes ^^
pata
Old-timer

Post by pata »

Welcome in the guild!
Xoana (shadow)
Mortel (scoundrel)
Sennera (sage)
Grao-tak/Grao (gunslinger/vanguard)
Botond (guardian)
Lirian (commando)
Jázmin (sentinel)
Cécelia
SWTOR Characters: Cécelia Winter

Post by Cécelia »

Thanks for the welcome! Excited to be here :D
Raiah
SteamID: Leonick
Origin ID: Leonick
Xbox Live Gamertag: Leonick

Post by Raiah »

Lisszia wrote:We usually do not Rp in guild chat that is OOC channel
There is the IC comm channel we made though, sadly the exact name for it escapes me at the momement, maybe someone else knows? If not I'm pretty sure there is a post about it in the forum, somewhere :p

Oh, and welcome to the guild the two of you.
Main characters
Nesalia - Lvl 62?, Scoundrel
Rykorth - Lvl 65, Juggernaut
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer

Post by Lisszia »

the channel is TKMcomms used by the ones joined the Kestrels though we use it less then we could. :)