SWTOR Application: maxjam

Post by maxjam »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
Yes I have

Are you at least 18 years old?
Yes I am. I am now over 40 :(

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
My name is James and I live in the UK. I usually go by the forum handle 'maxjam' and can be found playing as 'Kalistra' or 'Kalani' in numerous MMOs. I have been MMO gaming since 2002 and have been a massive Star Wars fan since my Dad took me to see my first movie back in 1979!

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
Yes I am happy to RP my characters.

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
I hope TKM will provide me with a mature, social gaming community to enjoy SWTOR. I can offer a mature, low maintenance guildie happy to help others. I am interested in leveling my Republic characters and chasing down various (legacy) achievements and PvP. Lounging around in a cantina at the end of the day also appeals!

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
My primary character is called Kalistra Qui-Jaan, she is a Bounty Hunter and has been on The Progenitor since launch. I will of course be making a Republic character.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
Kalistra is a member of a select group of Mandalorians that care little for authority. She entered the Great Hunt to prove her worth and suffers her Imperial paymasters for the wealth they offer. She has a dislike of Jedi and a hatred of Sith. She has always tried to be her own person and lives by her own code - unfortunately this code has led her down a dark path as she likes to cover her tracks and er 'remove' anyone that she considers may come back to haunt her.

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?
Possibly, I played a Smuggler in SWG for 10 years and kinda grew into the role.

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay?
Limited experience of RP in SWG, willing to learn!

Where did you find out about our guild?
You probably don't remember but we actually spoke pre-launch. I am the leader of Mandalorian Forge, an Imperial guild and we talked about becoming adversaries but you already had already decided upon your 3.

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?
As mentioned I am the leader of Mandalorian Forge (http://www.mandalorianforge.com). We formed several months prior to SWTORs launch but had drifted away by about March due to the lack of endgame at the time. We moved onto Eve Online where we have been ever since. Our guilds ethos is exactly the same as yours (small, close-knit, mature community etc) and it is a gaming environment I enjoy.

I pre-ordered RotHC when it was announced and returned for its launch and have been impressed with the improvements BW have made in the time I have been away and am now looking to play on a permanent basis (I have taken out a 6 mnth subscription).

I intend to remain as the Guild Leader of Mandalorian Forge as we are now a successful Eve Corp, but anticipate playing SWTOR for 15-20hrs per week as well. I currently have a lvl 55 BH and a 20 something SI. I consider my BH my main atm but am looking forwards to playing a Smuggler and a Jedi Knight.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: SWTOR Application: maxjam

Post by Lisszia »

Welcome to us whisper an officer for invite in game, if you have your republic character.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Silgan
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: silgan-klara

Post by Silgan »

hey welcome! and hope you'll find yourself a nice group of players
silgan-klara commando 54 as main
maxjam
SWTOR Characters: Kalaina

Post by maxjam »

Thanks for accepting me!

I'll decide whether to carry on playing my low level republic characters later today or make new ones and /whsiper you for an invite ingame. Looking forwards to gaming with you guys :)
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Post by SethAltair »

Hello Maxjam ^^ Glad to have you along. We've had some staff changes since pre-launch so Mandalorian Forge is unknown at least to me but definitely interesting connection. Looking forward to playing with you and I'll poke you later about RPy things
maxjam
SWTOR Characters: Kalaina

Post by maxjam »

Hi again!

Just to let you guys know that (if you don't mind) I'll be ready to join in a couple of days. I am currently doing the starter planet story with all 4 Republic classes to give me a feel of what characters I want to take further.

I have completed the Jedi Knight and Smuggler story so far and am almost done with the Consular story, so just the Trooper to go. I already know that I won't be taking the Consular any further (to much rock throwing and not enough lightsaber swinging!) but thoroughly enjoyed the JK (gone Sentinel) and Smuggler (Gunslinger) stories and play styles.

I have also been playing with an old guildie of mine that will be applying to join TKM in a couple of weeks when he takes out a subscription again.

Thanks,

maxjam
Soraellion
Registered

Post by Soraellion »

I'm in that same boat; trying all kinds of different classes, adjusting my expectations and all that because classes in this game aren't necessarily your standard kind of thing (which is GOOD btw, but new players need some time to get to grips with it). Apart from that it's just "better" and nicer to actually have an idea on what you're doing when you start characters here, even if it's "just" from an RP point of view.

I'm still trying new classes, characters and play styles and I think I finally came up with some basic classes I'm going to actually level up. Do note that you can't tell the sub classes from playing some base characters to level 10, more often than not the sub classes go in a completely different direction. I'd say play them at least till 15-18 or so to get a feel for it.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

We are welcome not only subscribers, so he is free to apply if he wants even before that. Poke us when you want an invite, also as in Sorelion's case if you want to join us to get us know while trying out the characters, you can do that too. You can always delete the unwanted ones, and then stay with the ones you like. Because not all our chars are IC Kestrels we have a sheet on net to see who joined the minority IC-ly from the guild characters anyway.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Soraellion
Registered

Post by Soraellion »

I've been making, remaking, deleting and rerolling chars ever since I started playing, if you hadn't nocited :P

After really trying very hard to do melee characters (historically I suck at melee) of any kind, I've decided to stick to ranged/tanking and healing. I've made a new trooper which will become Vanguard and I made a Scoundrel with full heal spec, this way I got it all covered (apart from melee) and lets hope my altoholics stops there :P
Raiah
SteamID: Leonick
Origin ID: Leonick
Xbox Live Gamertag: Leonick

Post by Raiah »

Just want to point it out, if you pick shadow as advanced class for the consular there will be a lot more saber swinging and stealth than throwing rocks. As Soraellion said you really wont get a true feeling for the advanced class until around lvl 15-18 so if you really want to get a feel for all the classes or maybe the ones that seem to have a more interesting story or whatever I'd suggest to play through Coruscant as well if you can muster doing that multiple times in a row of course :p
Main characters
Nesalia - Lvl 62?, Scoundrel
Rykorth - Lvl 65, Juggernaut