Application: Sjori

Sjori

Application: Sjori

Post by Sjori »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?Yes

Are you at least 18 years old?Yes. I can't even remember being 18.

Introduce yourself. Who are you?My name is Mike. I'm 44 years old and live in Manchester, England. I've been a pen and paper roleplayer since the early 80s but all my so-called friends are now too mature to roll dice and pretend to slay dragons. I've been playing mmos since early WoW and used to raid quite a lot but now I play these games just to find somewhere to relax, have a chat, and meet good people. I played swtor at launch and joined an rp guild called the Nexus Cartel but they sort of drifted apart and everyone stopped playing. I started playing again a few weeks ago. I work shifts as a nurse so I'm not on regularly but I am on quite a lot, if that makes sense.

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?I've honestly not done a lot of rp but I am very much interested in it. I did more in Rift than I've done in swtor. I'm keen to learn though.

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )? I've been looking at various guilds since I rejoined swtor because these games are just lightyears better when you can have a chat with friends and get to know people while you're swinging your lightsabre. I've read every forum I could find and whenever there's a recruitment post for the Kestrel Minority, people only have nice thinigs to say about you so I thought I'd give it a go. Even though I work shifts so can't be on regularly at the same time every week, I tend to be online a lot and I'm pretty helpful so I'm always up for helping out with a flashpoint or quest, or even some off the cuff rp. Furthermore, I'm a nurse and can offer first aid advice if anyone chokes on something while playing or has a massive heart attack. I'm not much of a pvper because I don't really like competition or griefing, so I'm most interested in pve right now. However, I'd like to get into rp more.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with) When I played previously, my main character was a Bounty Hunter but I'm now furiously levelling a Jedi Knight called Sjori. She's a Mirialan Jedi Sentinel.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character) Sjori was taken to the Jedi Academy on Tython at a very young age, and her family were pleased to think that she would become a powerful Jedi Consular like so many of her kind. It didn't take the Academy tutors long to realise that Sjori's real talents lay in a different direction entirely. It is an honourable position to be a Knight of the Force and no-one ever tried to suggest that taking a different path to the traditional was a failure on Sjori's part, but there was ever after a nagging doubt that she has become a creature of violence rather than diplomacy. She hides it well, and lives a life of monastic commitment to the intricacies of the force. She meditates endlessly and tells herself that she is just one being in a whole race of people and that her contribution is a vital part of an immensely important whole. Every time she sees another Mirialan in the robes of a Consul, however, the doubts resurface. Her commitment to the light side is beyond doubt and she is an uncompromising defender of the weak but if she were to bare her soul to her tutors of old? She fears they would turn her away from the Jedi order, or stop her travelling alone through the galaxy. She leaps into battle with reckless abandon whenever the vulnerable or innocent are threatened and is a loyal and trustworthy friend. No-one needs to know about the dreams of anger, of failure, of endless falling and the disappointed looks of her people.

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?Absolutely. I'm working Friday this week, and Monday, Saturday, and Sunday next week. The week after I'm working Monday, Weds, Thurs, Fri. I occasionally go outside but I can be online most of the time.

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay? I've got a lot of experience with tabletop roleplaying. My experience with mmo rp is pretty limited: just a bit in swtor on the Imperial side, and a bit in Rift.

Where did you find out about our guild? I've been reading forums on swtor.com, swtor-rp.com, and theprogenitor.com

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application? Not really. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Even if it's a crushing rejection! Just bear in mind that if you do turn me away, and I turn to the dark side, it will be all your fault. :)
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Re: Application: Sjori

Post by SethAltair »

Hello, Sjori!

Always glad to see new applications. A bit like opening Christmas presents :D Very interesting character profile also, we'll be looking forward to RPing with you and if you're hesitant about something, ask away! I'll send you a pm soon about how we can involve Sjori in guild rp. We've also got variety of activities, end-game pve twice a week if we can get a team together and you can always poke guild chat for company for questing of flashpoints.

Lisszia will probably pop up at some point to give you trialist rights on forums so you can explore our site better and just search Kestrel with who command in-game should get you in touch with someone who can invite you to the guild.
Furthermore, I'm a nurse and can offer first aid advice if anyone chokes on something while playing or has a massive heart attack.
Yup, I regularly am about to choke on my tea because folks make me laugh on Mumble. Will come in handy.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

No turning away such an application, on my part. :) Many nice points in it, someone older then me, and someone who liked paper and dice Rp, (Me and Pata still playing that)
I hope you will like it with us, we are usually friendly bunch. (And hey Silgan do not threaten him away :P)
So poke any officer for an game invite and I give you full forum rights so you can get to know us better a bit probably by browsing it as well.
I'll be on a vacation from Friday till the 20th so you will probably meet me more only after. No game while finally we can have a good rest even if I could get to net I most likely won't.
About IC joining poke SethAltair or me when I get home.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
MaxwellSloan
SWTOR Characters: Maxwellsloan

Post by MaxwellSloan »

Nice to have another one of my ages to the guild. Welcome :)
Maxwellsloan (sentinel melee dps)
Davy'jones (gunslinger ranged dps)
B'rienne (vanguard tank)
C'alypso (shadow tank)

Borman (sniper ranged dps)
Rai'vo (sorcerer ranged dps)
pata
Old-timer

Post by pata »

Welcome!
Xoana (shadow)
Mortel (scoundrel)
Sennera (sage)
Grao-tak/Grao (gunslinger/vanguard)
Botond (guardian)
Lirian (commando)
Jázmin (sentinel)
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Added you to the character sheets, you can leave a reply here, if I made any typo or if you want something added:
TKM Characters
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Sjori

Post by Sjori »

Thanks for the invite. I was a bit gobsmacked about the speed! Can't wait to get to know you guys. Sadly, for you, that also means you'll have to get to know me!
XilerJ'errok
SWTOR Characters: Master Xiler J'errok
SteamID: TheHunterCleary
Origin ID: HunterCleary
Xbox Live Gamertag: Hunter Cleary

Post by XilerJ'errok »

Welcome !
Master Xiler J'errok [Jedi Knight]
Major Xalrich [Trooper]