Music...

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Music...

Post by Machior »

One of those semi-obligatory topics on any forum I suppose is about music. So I guess I'd get it started for a change ;)
Got the idea for this topic since I found out one of my old favourites is back in business (the Guano Apes for those who know em). So, the list of music I tend to listen to (in no particular order):
  • Iron Maiden
  • Judas Priest
  • AC/DC
  • Iced Earth
  • Guano Apes
  • Fear Factory
  • Finntroll
  • Blind Guardian
  • Opeth
  • Nightwish
  • Queen
  • Rammstein
  • Star Wars Soundtrack (duh)
So my list is basically mostly metal and (hard) rock. I do tend to listen to some other things as well like more classical or English Folk music etc. Only things you never get me warmed up for is trance/dance/r&b/rap
And as such, what do you all tend to listen to?
Xantos Hawkin
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xantos Hawkin

Re: Music...

Post by Xantos Hawkin »

Star Wars soundtracks here as well! Got to love them. John Williams is a god damn genius.

Other then that I listen to alot of diffrent music when I'm just at home it can be almost anything, but when I'm working out it's Sabaton all the way. When I'm about to go out and party it can be diffrent. Can be Rock/Metal shit if I'm going to a place like that or Trance if I'm going to a club. I'm also a big fan of Hardstyle music . Ooh forgot to write Reagge music love it. Bob Marley.. You can't chill better to anything. Guys like Led Zepplin is also awesome. Listen to a heck lot of diffrent music.
Last edited by Xantos Hawkin on Tue May 10, 2011 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

I'll listen to almost anything. Except most mainstream pop/boybands/girlbands. They the headaches give.

I do like a bit of AC/DC, Queen, Holst (Gustav that is)...all sorts.
Lieko
Ex-member

Post by Lieko »

I enjoy a variety of music, most of it being rock and metal as well as additions from korean and japanese artists.

• AFI
  • Biffy Clyro
  • The birthday massacre
  • The black mages
  • Blue Sky Black Death
  • Deadmau5
  • Dream Theatre
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Frames
  • Iron Maiden
  • Metallica
  • Nebulo
  • Nobuo Uematsu
  • Pain of Salvation
  • Pendulum
  • Pink Floyd
  • Rammstein
  • Scar Symmetry (New album is amazing)
  • Skrillex
  • Soilwork
  • Sonata Arctica
  • System of a down
  • Taniuchi Hideki
  • Tsuyoshi Sekito
To name a few out of my current playlist.
Terrog
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Terrog Vedkenis

Post by Terrog »

I don't even know, I guess I don't listen to anything anymore. I just have some stuff favored on youtube, like soundtracks. or something from orchestral music or blues and I listen to it repeatedly.

I've been liking Rammstein my whole life.

Mozart is awesome.

from blues: willie dixon, howling wolf, few songs from muddy waters.

Aerosmith, Dio sometimes, Led Zeppelin.

Rarely but still, a narrow branch of industrial techno. Industrial Rock too but don't know anything to my liking, probably haven't searched enough. Plus Industrial quickly gets boring. Good rock/metal is always a pleasure. many popular modern bands really have no talent though.

Georgian folk music, but the songs not infested with something cheesy like monotonic techno beats are getting increasingly hard to find. but the music itself is unique. Japanese music, look up soundtracks for Shogun 2.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

I like Most Music. but here is a Quick List no particular Order.

Queen
Star Wars Sound Track (John Williams is a great Composer/music writer)
Lisa Miskovsky
Taylor Swift my favouriter of hers is the "fearless" album
Pamola Faith (not all of her songs but some)
Sissor Sisters "I don't Feel like dancing"
War of The Worlds (not music persay but it sounds great, favourites is the Song titled Thunderchild)
Iron Maiden "Take your Daughter to the Slaughter" (does liking this make me evil :) )
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I'm not into massive lists...so here is my current favourite band..

Deefhoof -Perfect me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdUQKUiQ3pw
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

Even though I consider myself to be broad-minded enough to appreciate most music styles, I largely favor rock music with an industrial edge, in the likes of:
  • Helmet
    Filter
    Tool
    16Volt
I'm discovering lots of old EBM, futurepop and electro/wave stuff these days! You guys better know of Belgium's best band ever Front 242! Here's some other great stuff:
  • KMFDM
    Spetsnaz (you Swedes must know this)
    Combichrist
    Implant
    Covenant
Movie Soundtracks:
  • Graeme Revell: Riddick, Aeon Flux
    Hans Zimmer: The Dark Knight, The Rock
    Steve Jablonsky: Transformers, The Island
    Harry Gregson-Williams: Metal Gear Solid series
I also have a pile of shame with albums which tend to raise eyebrows:
  • Vanilla Ice
    Scooter
    David Hasselhoff
    Andrew Ridgeley (George Michael wasn't the only Wham member, you know!)
Last edited by Slide on Wed May 11, 2011 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

I wish to lodge a complaint.
When I was a lad i rebelled - i told my dad i hated Connie Francis and didn't want to listen to 'Sing Something Simple' on the radio or watch the 'Billy Cotton Band Show' on the telly. I told him I liked new, exciting bands - like the Beetles and the Stones. He declared their music just a noise and that they were just long-haired yobs.
As I went to College i got to go to concerts to see such up and coming people as Hendrix, Floyd, the Who, Fleetwood Mac just to give you a feel. Later from work i went to concerts by ACDC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Mike Oldfield, and Pink Floyd. These are nowhere near exhaustive lists more to give you a flavour of what i loved and my father hated.

So i ask where is this generation's rebellion where is the music i declare 'just a noise' (Apart from Girls Aloud)
Oh - and before you ask - my 16 year old Nephew has introduced me to Ramstein - Techno has been around for longer than most think - see Kraftwork, and i am partial to a bit of Drum and Bass.
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Exerxes

Post by Exerxes »

Lieko wrote:I enjoy a variety of music, most of it being rock and metal as well as additions from korean and japanese artists.
Wait, no Orange Range?! No Gackt? No High And Mighty Colour?!? Shame on you, hehe...
Yogash wrote: So i ask where is this generation's rebellion where is the music i declare 'just a noise'
I'm sure System Of A Down qualify but I'm into some raucous bands myself: Slipknot, HIM, Cruxshadows, Staind, Puddle Of Mudd and Stereophonics.

But generally I like anything and everything. If I like the song, I have the song, it's as simple as that. For example here's some surprising artists on my itunes:

Alicia Keys - If you don't like Empire State of Mind then you are the devil... Hehe
Amy MacDonald - Must be the result of living in Scotland but I love like all her songs...
Britney Spears - Yeah Everytime gets me everytime :cry:
Cheryl Cole - I'd Fight For Her Love any day... Hehe
James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover is just class
Joseph Arthur - In The Sun is classier but only just
Leona Lewis - Snow Patrol's Run is the best song of all time and is only just matched by Leona's version
Matt & Kim - Daylight is just so happy and feel good you can't help but smile when it plays
Nelly Furtado - All Good Things come to those who wait and this song will grow on you
Nine Inch Nails - Right Where It Belongs will bring you back down to earth after all these happy hippy songs ;)
Slipknot - Vermillion Part 2 will surprise you, nuff said.
Tired Pony - Dead American Writers yeaup the guy from Snow Patrol and some other folks but a very good song.

So er.. yeah, hehe,

Ex
"Jedi refer to the ‘light side’ and the ‘dark side’, but really, these are only words, and the Force is beyond words. It is not evil, just as it isn’t good-it's simply what it is."