Methias Application

Post by Methias »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
Yes

Are you at least 18 years old?
Yes, 34

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
I assume this section refers to me, the RL person : 34 years old programmer/phd student, living and working in the UK - Hobbies : Programming of all kinds, extreme working out, reading, writing, storytelling and MMOing. Like mature crowds, dislike constant childish behaviour (because we can all be children every now and then:P ).

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
My first experience in roleplaying was nearly 20 years ago when I was tabletopping at D&D 2nd edition - Forgotten realms, Darksun, Ravenloft, Greyhawk, you name it...I miss those days, in fact I consider them one of the nicest periods of my life. Then I moved on to WoD - Vampire, Werewolf, Chatroom RP, Dark age of Camelot RP, WoW, etc. etc. In essence, RP is essential to me, good RP twice as much. If I could, I'd spend all my online time RPing however, rping a Jedi makes it hard to constantly participate in Cantina rp...For now at least :)

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
I'm an avid TOR PvPer but I want to slowly let go of that game aspect = too much grief, too much anger, too much time spent for nothing. I'd like to take a turn and spend more time in PvE, since I've never really explored that part of the game. I'd like to make RP + PvE my main focus.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)

I don't have a primary, but the one I play the most is Methi'as. I also have Ar'thos and Cohn'al in Arkanis Division, but I think I will be removing them both - a good guild, good people, but not my cup of tea for personal reasons. Will it be alright to bring all of my chars under your roof?

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
Ah, Methi'as..Methi'as is an ongoing project. I start with what the game gives me, lorewise, and take it from there. He is a shadow, emotionless and collected, devoted to the Republic ideals and to serving its people and ethics. I enjoy roleplaying him as a somewhat agoraphobic, timid and uncertain individual who is not sure how to behave around pleasant company and charming members of the opposite sex. He is good in what he does and ignorant in pretty much everything else. He is a good natured individual, and would like to have a padawan one day. He has had many brushings with the Empire and has come to see some 'right' in their ways therefore, like most Shadows, he is not afraid to bent the rules when needed to get the job done.

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?

Either way is fine by me. I am easy to RP most days, any time of the day since I have a very flexible (if somewhat restrained) schedule.

Optional Extras:

Do you have prior experience with roleplay?

18 years. :)

Where did you find out about our guild?

I heard you were a rp guild and I approached one of your members in a WZ.

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?

Nothing comes to mind - I hope you'll give me a chance. Thank you for taking the time to read.
SethAltair
Roleplay Officer
SWTOR Characters: Adalquinn Endris

Re: Methias Application

Post by SethAltair »

Hello Methias! Very nice application, and we always welcome more roleplayers :) Lisszia will sooner or later pop up to promote you to trialist status on forums so you can take a look around, and catch someone's sleeve online to actually invite you to guild. Feel free to poke people for casual rp and I'll send you a pm in a bit, about how we might involve Methias with Kestrels ICly.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

Well, yep. Later today, as I was was outside enjoying the last sunny days :)

Welcome to us I hope you will like it here.

I'm really into RP rarely in any cantina ... as none of my girls are cantina types really :) So I can undersand if one does not see his or her char in a cantina all the time. If you want to do some IC questing or small outside plots, I'm up for some usually if we can scedule time. We have a small roll system you can chck once I set you to trialist in the Jawa's foot cantina for RP fights, but we do not use it always, only when the DM is like me who prefers to do so...
See you soon in game, poke any officer for an invite
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
mistaahh
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: mistaahh
SteamID: _mistaahh_
PSN Username: mistaahh

Post by mistaahh »

Welcome!