An Application

ThatBlueGuy
Trialist

An Application

Post by ThatBlueGuy »

Main form:
Have you read and understood our rules?
I have, though don't put me on the spot to quote anything.

Are you at least 18 years old?
I am approaching, at frightening speed, twenty-five, so yes.

Introduce yourself. Who are you?
I'm a genial man who has a long-standing love affair with Star Wars and roleplaying (and to a lesser degree, Bioware) who would really like to enjoy The Old Republic more than he does. I live in England in the often ignored Midlands. I work as a writer, though I have no idea how I manage it. I'm a fan of Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Frank Herbert, George R. R. Martin, J. K. Rowling, and Peter F. Hamilton (a varied bunch of authors if I ever saw one). I have a friendly personality and I enjoy listening, though never to the point where people have to prod me to respond (unless I'm doing two or three things at once). I do have some bad qualities that I feel I should be truthful about. I can be a little bit of an ass when it comes to my favourite subjects, though unlike when I was younger it isn't very noticeable unless you can hear me sigh or see me roll my eyes. I may also sometimes get a little self-righteous, and I apologise in advance for that (and will likely also apologise at the time for it).

Are you interested in roleplaying and if yes, how much time do you like to spend on it?
I do enjoy it, and I'm not entirely sure. It depends on all sorts of things, but on average it ranges from one to four hours. Though I have been known to ignore everything going on and spend my entire day roleplaying.

What do you think the Kestrel Minority would be able to offer to you and what you, in turn, to the guild? What content are you most interested in (RP, PVP, PVE, endgame and so on... )?
I'm hoping that by joining a guild that presents itself as friendly and open to role playing will help me enjoy The Old Republic more than I do solo. I'm not a fan of the endgame, mostly due to the degree of grind inherent in it, and my computer and internet speed doesn't really allow me to get into PvP, but apart from that I'm interested in all of what you have to offer. I hope that I bring a friendly attitude with me because I certainly consider myself friendly, but I also have the more tangible benefit of experience. How much more tangible it is will also likely be up for debate.

What is your primary character's name? (The character you are going to be joining The Kestrel Minority with)
Halunke. Captain Halunke.

Introduce your primary character. (In-character)
Halunke is a good guy, and he supports the Republic and its ideals, but he has a weird way of looking at the universe. He thinks of everything, and everyone, as puzzle pieces, or, at least, that's the best analogy you'll get out of him for it. Some things that connect, or, at least, he thinks connect, don't seem to make sense, but, as he sees it, there's no way to fight it. It's how he got involved with his ex-wife (and at the same time got involved with smuggling), a bounty hunter now working for the Empire, despite the fact she has the morals of a shark - and how he gets involved with every sentient who says yes. "We just fit right together." He might say in defense of his choices, though it's never been an adequate explanation for his daughter who inherited his gifts and, apparently, her mother's morality. He's not too distressed about it though. If he ever did get distressed about it, however, he wouldn't know what to do with himself since he's never really gotten angry or lost his temper before.

Would you like to RP your way into the guild? If yes, when would you generally be able to meet an officer in-game?
I think it would be interesting to do so, so, yes, if it isn't a bother. My schedule is quite open except for a few spots.

Optional Extras:
Do you have prior experience with roleplay?
Oh my, yes. I started roleplaying shortly after I began secondary school and discovered that I wasn't very good at making friends. It wasn't until 2005, with the release of the Serenity RPG, that I played anything other than free form games (specifically Star Wars games). Since then most of my experience has been with D&D 3.5 I've played a lot of different things from World of Darkness to a game in which the group played the crew of a pizza delivery van (it was crazier than it sounds).

Where did you find out about our guild?
I found your recruitment thread on the official site's server forum for The Progenitor.

Do you have anything else you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?
I do not play the guitar or the kazoo. I also have never owned a pet hamster.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Re: An Application

Post by Lisszia »

Nice application, I hope you can find with us what you are looking for. I'll set your rank to trialist what will give you full forum rights, so you can look around. Feel free to poke any officer in game.

Me or SethAltair will send you a PM about IC meeting and joining soon:
Liss
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)