Bump for your future

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: Bump for your future

Post by JenDoon »

I don't think we should be trying to fill our guild with huge numbers, but I suspect given how few well organised Euro guilds there seem to be, and how unique we are, when it get close to launch, and soon after we'll have a pretty strong influx.

I can see a few of us are legends in the making, RP wise..once we starting rolling around taking names and RP'ing FTW, people will see the TKM tag and want some of that action.

/grin
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

and if we don't like them we can wave our hands. "This is not the amazing guild you are looking for..."

irrespective, I like that everyone already has a sense of pride in what we're trying to do. I just hope we live up tot he expectations.
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

Kaetha wrote:I just hope we live up tot he expectations.
*barges in loudly*

Nobody expects The Kestrel Minority!

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

Oh no! not the comfy but quite snug armchair!!
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Slide wrote:
*barges in loudly*

lol.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Slide wrote:
*barges in loudly*

*stands in the back holding "The Rack"*
LedThomsen
Registered

Post by LedThomsen »

If I may utter a few words about the subject -

I agree that we shouldn't try to overdo the recruitment for the guild right now. Yelling and "commercial-commotion" will just scare away the people we really want to be a part of the guild. Players who, as I do myself, seek a, quote, "close-knit society" to shape and develope.
What we should do, imo, is to put our heads together and create a plot. An open plot. When I looked into the guild my mind was prone to thoughts like: Why Kestrel Minority - What has the bird got to do with the guild? Is the guild "dark/light/grey"-ish in it's aproach? At what basis will this guild be roleplaying?

I suggest we try to clarify a few things concerning RP in the guild. An arguement for doing this is to avoid division within the guild already from early on. The sound of The Kestrel Minority can give all kinds of associations connected to both the light side, grey-side and evne some dark side - Why is it a minority? 1) The name refers to the unique relationship between the founders of the guild (OOC) 2) The guild has some secrets it doesn't want to share 3) The Kestrel obviously refers to ancient greek mythology where the gods often took appearance of a bird when they wanted to inspire humans (The Illiad etc.) - So "obviously" the guild is religously driven! 4) It's a minority because really they are all satanic Sith worshippers who plot the isurrection of evil...!

- I think it would bdo much good later on if we decided some guidelines (yet leaving things as open as possible) and started doing a little lore on the guild itself :)
Things like that attract the sweet RP'ers - Atleast that is my experience.

If this makes any sence, and I haven't just overlooked some post already dealing with this, I'd like to work a bit on the lore-aspect, along with someone who is great at drawing, hopefully Kaetha, as I expect the guildmaster has a few words to say about it all and some has to be's and some can't be's, and someone who counts him or herself a true keeper of star wars lore! :) - It would be great advertisement for the guild to have some guild-made drawings showing some guild-lore.

So these were just my thoughts!

|LedThomsen|
"Do or do not - There is no try..." - Master Yoda
Thrakos
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Thrakos / Taunya / Neutrino
SteamID: Big White Bear
Xbox Live Gamertag: thraiax
Location: mostly Greece, occasional long periods of pillaging abroad..

Post by Thrakos »

Some good points thar.. :)

As far as TKM's story, we did have a little thread awhile back that decided that theme here.

We went for a nice simple story-line that would not involve much complication or rp-drama and that would leave plenty of scope for expansion as we play the game. After all the most fun rp stories are the ones you create as you play, not predetermine through an essay ;)
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"
LedThomsen
Registered

Post by LedThomsen »

A'ight! Having read the thread I was thinking:

- It sounds like the general idea is to make TKM a group of ex-soldiers that do the republics and the senates dirty work (or atleast do dirty work the senate and the governing bodies approve in quiete) -- Here I spy a problem though. Atleast for the jedi!

Such a group is bound to be doing its work based on personal reasons such as vengance, wanting to do what is right and feeling the only way to get things straight is to do them youself. -- Hmmm, am I the only one seeing a similarity to Anakin's motives when he slaughtered the Sandpeople? - I doubt the jedi-council would tolerate its members involving themselves in that kind of work. 1) Because of the risk of corruption (the wordly to the non-force users and the dark side threat to the jedi) and 2) Because the jedi council can't be connected with such actions as they would be in direct opposition to the work of the senate, whose duty is to ensure law and order, and as such the jedi council would be operating against the common good of the republic. In Star Wars i sence that the Order already has its problems with its more subtle operations.

The original idea suits all classes pretty well except the Jedi. So how do you fit the Jedi into a body outside the Order. Truth is it's almost impossible as any Jedi who refused to operate under the Order would be seen as a potential threat and any Jedi balancing on the egde of illegal would quickly bring embarresment upon the Order.

If we use Machior's idea that The Kestrels met each other during some kind of mission, perhaps they could have been a squad in the Republic army known as the Kestrels. Perhaps a small group with specific orders during fighting. Like bringing back the wounded from the battlefield or securing supply-lines. I guess the traits of a kestrel is that: It's a small bird of prey, it watches from high above and it strikes down upon mice and small animals. Besides that, it's a nobel bird related to the larger falcons.

So the Kestrel Minority could be the soldiers, who probably know each other very well from fighting the Empire, who have created a small society within the Republic, caring for its own - Obviously some of the fighters must have retired or have caught injuries forcing them to retire. Such veterans could still be useful training new recruits, involving themselves in politics trying to better the conditions of soliders within the republic, repair/ invent new equipment - Hell, even running a tavern (which in my experince is one of the most awarding and fun things to do in RP hehe)

Right! Just some thoughts again :)
"Do or do not - There is no try..." - Master Yoda
Thrakos
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Thrakos / Taunya / Neutrino
SteamID: Big White Bear
Xbox Live Gamertag: thraiax
Location: mostly Greece, occasional long periods of pillaging abroad..

Post by Thrakos »

Not exactly :)

TKM came together to deal with a problem they had in common but for different reasons. We gave, i believe at the time, the example of taking down a crime syndicate on a backwater world. One person may have been motivated by vengeance towards the syndicate for harming a loved one for example, another may have been motivated by greed to get a look at the crime-lords treasury, yet another may have been there simply on republic orders or really any reason that a person could fathom. Regardless, the group saw a common goal and worked together to take down the sydicate. Whatever each individuals particular reasons for being there, they found that they worked quite well together and over celebratory drinks at a local canteena later, they formed up the Kestrel Minority.

They are neither mercenaries nor do they do the republic or anyone else's dirty work. They are simply a small organization of like-minded individuals who find they get a long and work very well together to overcome perhaps impossible seeming odds.

There is no heavy central agenda as such (at least not yet). As I see it, at the start of the game, TKM are comprised of some people who took part in whatever operation this was together and others who joined up later for their own reasons. Where the story shall go from there we will see through the game. :)
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"