Bump for your future

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Sunus
Ex-member

Re: Bump for your future

Post by Sunus »

Having some information about the guild, like the examples that have been showen through the links, would not be a bad idea.

That said, a large amount of wall text may just end up scarring some people off rather than providing context to the guild. One thing is to add alot of flavor to the guild, but if people are not gonna read it then it is pointless.
"A Trooper dosn't get tired, he just reloads" - Charles Boyd, tOR/Bioware writer
# 1666: "If if takes more than five minutes for the debris to stop falling, I need to pick a smaller gun."
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Yeah, massive amounts of wall test always put me off. The peeps in Army of Light, man they are a great bunch of people I'm sure, but I'll be damned if their recruitment thread doesn't read like a scientology Ad.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=345099

They are clearly very organized, but does anyone else find their zeal a bit, creepy?
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

a tad too enthusiastic me thinks. Enthusiasm and interest and commitment are all good - but it can be over done.
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

You know, we are going to do very well once the game gets a launch date, and they update the website with sever specific forums.

If you look over the European guilds who are republic and roleplay, there aren't alot at all with over 20 members. 3 of the top ones don't have websites, they just use the SWTOR guild page and one of the biggest ones, I won't mention names but I know their leader, as he used to play SWG with me and every guild he started ended up falling apart, and I know that because I was voted in to take over one of them. ; ).

What I'm saying is, we are in a good position to become one of most well known guilds on our Euro server. I'm actually starting to get excited about being a kestrelite, forgive me if I sound a bit competitive and bitchy, it's not my intention.

I came from a massive USA based SWG guild where I was really well known, and leaving them was a hard choice as they had 7 years of reputation, classes and recruitment stuff.

I just was TKM to do well, and get the respect and attention it deserves.

/roar! :lol:
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

It's not how big it is - it's what you do with it.

You become the best by the members being good not by having more than others, though it is good to have enough to do activities; rp - raid - pvp whatever.

We will be the best, even just for ourselves, and that is what counts. those who like our style will join us.
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Terrog
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Terrog Vedkenis

Post by Terrog »

It's not how big it is - it's what you do with it.
0:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zT9AyM11AE
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Yogash wrote:It's not how big it is - it's what you do with it.

You become the best by the members being good not by having more than others, though it is good to have enough to do activities; rp - raid - pvp whatever.

We will be the best, even just for ourselves, and that is what counts. those who like our style will join us.
Well I was attracted to TKM, initially because of the name, which is interesting and mysterious. Then the website, with it's off kilter humour. The fact we're all involved in building up the guild from the ground and take pride in being small and community minded.

We'll eventually have to deal with massive amounts of applications, but by that time we'll be a solid team.
Thrakos
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Thrakos / Taunya / Neutrino
SteamID: Big White Bear
Xbox Live Gamertag: thraiax
Location: mostly Greece, occasional long periods of pillaging abroad..

Post by Thrakos »

We're already a solid team :) I don't think we need massive amounts of applicants and nor do I think we should become a big guild. I reckon I'm not the only one who would find a huge amount of members off-putting. With guilds its quality over quantity ;) and we definitely have the quality down :). From this point on I don't think we have to be hugely active in recruiting :) The like-minded peeps of quality will come to us, as they already have been doing!
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Thrakos wrote:We're already a solid team :) I don't think we need massive amounts of applicants and nor do I think we should become a big guild. I reckon I'm not the only one who would find a huge amount of members off-putting. With guilds its quality over quantity ;) and we definitely have the quality down :). From this point on I don't think we have to be hugely active in recruiting :) The like-minded peeps of quality will come to us, as they already have been doing!

*flutters his eyes* you old smoothy!
Jorah Mormont
Registered

Post by Jorah Mormont »

Perhaps a population cap?
Unless we want to re-name to The Kestrel Majority. ;)