Policy on alts?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Dargon
Ex-member

Policy on alts?

Post by Dargon »

Can I just ask, do you guys have a policy on alts? I have just seen some gameplay footage of the Smuggler and have been deciding whether I will roll a Smuggler or Trooper for an alt for a while now, of course I will be keeping my Jedi Knight Guardian main though. And well, I have come to a conclusion to roll a Smuggler Gunslinger. Now are alts not allowed in the guild? Or is there any kind of rule on them I need to be aware of?
Thanks for any help!
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: Policy on alts?

Post by JenDoon »

At the moment we don't, but I really don't see an issue so long as you announce them on the website and post a bio for em kinda thing.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

I'm quite certain we'll allow alts... heck if we wouldn't I'd have a major problem as I suffer from Alteritus.... tend to have more alts then slots :P
Dargon
Ex-member

Post by Dargon »

JenDoon wrote:At the moment we don't, but I really don't see an issue so long as you announce them on the website and post a bio for em kinda thing.
I will be doing, just need to decide it all yet. ;)
Machior wrote:I'm quite certain we'll allow alts... heck if we wouldn't I'd have a major problem as I suffer from Alteritus.... tend to have more alts then slots :P
Pahahah. I tend to have the same problem, well that's a relief! :)
Thanks guys!!
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I...hhhhate alts. I might have 1, to help the guild....ugh..
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

I used to be a founding member of a guild on WoW along with two friends. Then our members decided that we would allow no more than 2 alts per member in the guild, because there needed to be rules.
I never saw the need for such a limit or rules. We approved the rule because it was what the majority of the members wanted.

I'm all for allowing alts in the guild, as long as it's clear who the player behind the alt is.

I don't think we have a policy on alts now, as it hasn't been an issue so far. Us officers ought to decide on that.

I managed to start 60% of my sentences with the word "I". That must be saying something about me.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Nemene
Registered
SWTOR Characters: Nemene Tedronai

Post by Nemene »

I hate alts myself because it annoys me if they don't have all the super important things (otherwise known as pets) my main has. I do sometimes feel the need to roll one as a farmer bot to fund my main's expensive habits and in that case, whether they're allowed in guild or not, I'll just say it's some poor bastard who's lucky* enough to be Ellie's Padawan.

*If they're able to gather, they're still in one piece, ergo lucky.
█╬╬╬╬()╬█Ξ██████████████████████████████████)
There is nothing new, except what has been forgotten.
(██████████████████████████████████Ξ█╬()╬╬╬╬█
Alwarin
Ex-member

Post by Alwarin »

I will definitely have an alt or 2 mains if you will. Simply for the reason that I want to experience the story. Originally I planed to play Jedi Shadow, but seeing the sheer number of force users (and Consulars in particular) both in our guild and the world I gave it a second thought and decided to go with Trooper first (at the moment still in the phase of creating bio, but it will be up soon).

At the same time I would like to experience the story of TOR through the eyes of force users so the Shadow Al'warin is rather frozen in carbonite than thrown in the trash compactor. I believe that particularly because of the different class stories, people will be rolling alts and I would vote for our guild to encourage that.

That much my 2 cents :-)
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

I don't know if I'll have any RP alts - or at least, any in the Guild. I can predict lots of strange questions, such as why my two characters never meet each other and such.

I'll definitely end up playing a lot of classes, most likely all of them, to experience their unique storylines. But I might choose to do so out of guild. Perhaps even on a non-RP server, if I'm only going for the singleplayer storyline.
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

If I make an alt, it'll be a romantic interest for Jen'doon.

What!..I'm into self love!