Policy on alts?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Re: Policy on alts?

Post by Kaetha »

As far as I'm concerned alts are fine, have as many as you like. Bear in mind we may decide in the future to prune inactive ones from the guild if it starts getting clogged.

Alts only become a problem when we start doing anything end game which requires a committed character. As someone bringing a different alt each week essentially puts a logistical strain on the entire team. Though we will get to a point where we will be able to bring different characters along, it will just take a little while.

I don't mind anyone bringing an alt on that kind of excursion at all , as long as people use a bit of common sense.

I'm also an altaholic and will be running a few characters alongside my main, mostly for giggles.

Another thing is we want to foster a good in-guild crafting dependancy where we can all pick a trade and work together to help each other. Luckily the way the game is set up this wont be a huge issue in regards to alts. I can't tell you why. Those who have tested will know what the crafting is like in regards to time and cost.

Kensertim
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kenser

Post by Kensertim »

I plan on having 6 alts that all look the same to match my serial personality.... that way I can always blame the other one !! :lol:

Really though, I plan to play the game for the enjoyment and don't plan on having a limit on alts for myself, may be 1, may be 14. Play the game to enjoy it I say !! But as stated, if you do have alts it may be wise to state who is your main, especially for endgame.
Illegal is such a harsh word, sir

SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

Especially with swtor being made by bioware, and every class having it's own individual story. I can see me rolling one of each eventually! :lol: But I only really want to RP with my trooper. My mind is already invested in developing that character.
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"
Hooknose
Registered

Post by Hooknose »

If the individual stories are as good as in other Bioware games I'll have loads of alts, still exploring every storyline in Baldur's Gate 2. Dialogues between companions and your own character will be important for me to keep me interested.
"I aint got time to die!"
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Hooknose wrote:If the individual stories are as good as in other Bioware games I'll have loads of alts, still exploring every storyline in Baldur's Gate 2. Dialogues between companions and your own character will be important for me to keep me interested.
Ah a chap with good taste in RPG's. I played the first Baldurs gate to death (I used the boots of speed to kil Dritz Do'urden...hello armour!) so when I got my mitts on the second one...it was too much too soon. Never did complete it but I know it's a classic.

I think I might form a special branch within TKM to hunt down anyone who has more than 2 alts. Alts make me cry, especially if there is no way to know who they belong too.

In SWG i suffered terribly at the hands of alts. We'd kick someone from our guild for seriously bad behaviour, and they'd just roll an alt and join again. In champions online, you can't do this because you get a name that stays the same and shows up when you chat to people (so...for Jendoon it would be Harken@Jendoon).

ALTS BE DAMNED! :lol:
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Well admitted, they can be used for griefing as such... however we shouldn't restrict it in our guild imho. Besides if it's possible to add notes to guild members (which I'm assuming here is possible) it's little work to add a note which says something like "Alt(<mainchar name>)".

Should someone join us twice in a row just to grief us... well then I'd say we contact the ingame GMs to take care of that problem.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

no need machy...I will take of them...personally....mwa...mwa ha haaa

:evil:
BadJawa
Ex-member

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

I'm alt-tastic, and will most likely have one of each at some point. I even look forward to trying out the differing Advanced Classses. I like the varied gameplay afforded by playing differing classes, and I like being able to bring along an alt to help out where necessary.

The reason that I usually don't get more than one alt to maximum level is because I'm not big on repetition, but BioWare might just have created the most alt-friendly game ever. I hope so; I quite like the thought of getting "Knights Of The Old Republic 3x8".

Just as Machior suggests, using the guild notes to state alts and whom they belong to has worked really well in previous games, so I'm sure they'll work well here (should they make it in game).

And if anyone were to start griefing The Kestrel Minority, we go straight to the GMs. That's what they're for.

Of course, now I'm wondering if I just want loads of alts just to annoy JenDoon... ;)

Cheers,
Hawley.
Subtlety is for other people.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

I doubt any of our current members would but if I catch even a whiff of griefing, drama-mongering or jawa-slinging, then well... I'll just strap you down and get Slidey to sing at you until you relent.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

BadJawa wrote:Wotcha everyone,

I'm alt-tastic, and will most likely have one of each at some point. I even look forward to trying out the differing Advanced Classses. I like the varied gameplay afforded by playing differing classes, and I like being able to bring along an alt to help out where necessary.

The reason that I usually don't get more than one alt to maximum level is because I'm not big on repetition, but BioWare might just have created the most alt-friendly game ever. I hope so; I quite like the thought of getting "Knights Of The Old Republic 3x8".

Just as Machior suggests, using the guild notes to state alts and whom they belong to has worked really well in previous games, so I'm sure they'll work well here (should they make it in game).

And if anyone were to start griefing The Kestrel Minority, we go straight to the GMs. That's what they're for.

Of course, now I'm wondering if I just want loads of alts just to annoy JenDoon... ;)

Cheers,
Hawley.
/summonbanhammer!