Policy on alts?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Re: Policy on alts?

Post by Kiel Barat »

I usually never roll an alt, so you can see me focusing on my main tank quite a bit.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

I myself am normally only ever on a main. I had an alt in SWG, but it was only for crafting purposes. If i do have an alt it would be for along the same reasons though from what i hear that won't be needed. The companion characters should be able to take care of that, and every class in the game can craft so no need for a special alt to do it.
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

Kaetha wrote:For clarification on the matter here is the official statement prepared painstakingly after hours of deliberations.

Alts are more than welcome.

That is all.
"God damn it, that's not all! Because if one of those things gets down here then that will be all! Then all this - this bullshit that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!"

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But, let's not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly-clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them.

Magnox
Registered

Post by Magnox »

This is a hard one to decide on, I know The Consorts are toying with this idea also. I've got some friends playing on a Standard PvE server Sith side, and they said any alts we want to make throw over there. So I imagine I'll advise the guild to do that.

The problem is not "aslong as we know the person behind it" because Doon for instance makes an alt, walks up to "Magnox" and starts chatting and such, how does he not mix the information / discussions that myself and doon have talked about why talking to me on his alt. Also how do I know he's Doon :P

But its a hard one! 8 classes, 16 AC's 8 Completely different Class Stories larger that KOTOR each, Light, Dark, Grey.

You have so much replay value in this game it's astounding! It's finding the happy medium. What happens if content slows end game, this is not galaxies where there was always something to do. Depending on how Bioware go with this, they've put so much content in the above mentioned classes etc. I personally feel that end game might be lacking for a little while. SO alts might be the way to go to keep the game fresh.

Only so much talking in Corellia before it becomes a Roleplay MSN channel. My thought ofc ... discuss
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

I'm looking forward to investing a lot of time to my main. I really want to develop and explore my ideas for his character and story. Yet I know I'll definitly have a bunch of alts. But as soon as I'm needed for a KM mission, I'll be there.
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I don't plan on getting any alts, one character is enough for me to devote all my time to. I had three in SWG back in the day when you were only allowed one per server. I had three accounts running, but two were crafting accounts, for my in game business.

I was in quite a large guild in LOTRO and it got hard on there trying to suss out who was who from the forums, because everyone had so many alts. I don't know how Bioware are doing things, but does anyone know if there will be a way to tell whose alts belong to who?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

When my main is utterly uber in evert regard and has seen everything there is too see, then and only then will I make an alt, and that alt will be for the guild.

The Doon must be a legend before then.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

I think we should do a few things to make sure we know who is who. The first is a pain, but would help a lot. Keep an updated listed of everyones main then their alts right here on the forums. Second, In game hopefully they'll have a spot where you can add a note about your character on the guild roster there we can put Main or Halvy's Alt. That is the easiest way i see going about it.
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

Yea..Time to spend on main and alts is a challenge
Over time in months even years there will be many alts i hope to have played a bit. Main for Alt is still be connected, play and share fun with those in guild, allies and friends you encountered in the galaxy

16 "classes" with choices alone ..but then youhave these 5 companions with their own mix of stories.. One fantasy the companion loves my decisions and even me but in the alt dimension... hate and leaves. Combine that with upcoming contents after launch... more to discover even more companions and same sex romance arenot excluded ...

500 slots for a guild should be enough for some alties. Another subguild could also be established to wing the alts a nest of their own.

Empire subguild could even function as nemesis guild for events and such

Bigger concern might be the max character slots per server as rumoured at 8 now. Hard to play all classes and maybe forcing Empire play onto another server

Problems i encounter in other games were more that the Mains, supporting the guild came less online.. But that is also not a negative and gives reroll another part of guild immersion when you dont "fit" your first choice.

Key words Communication, Organisation and Immersion
Thank the Force there are Leaders and Officers that have the wisdom .....