Policy on alts?

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Nemene
Registered
SWTOR Characters: Nemene Tedronai

Re: Policy on alts?

Post by Nemene »

One thing's for sure, I'll be rolling a bounty hunter at some point solely for the Jawa companion. Honestly, if I hadn't already joined this guild, I'd be doing it on launch day. I bloody love the stinking little rat people *hugs them*
█╬╬╬╬()╬█Ξ██████████████████████████████████)
There is nothing new, except what has been forgotten.
(██████████████████████████████████Ξ█╬()╬╬╬╬█
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Friesian wrote:Key words Communication, Organisation and Immersion
Thank the Force there are Leaders and Officers that have the wisdom .....
We have wisdom? Great!
*relishes in his new found pow... wisdom*
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I have thought of maybe trying out a Bounty Hunter of Sith for the Empire side. Has there been any thought of a Sith/Empire mini guild or something? Just a little part of the guild for us to all try Sith/Empire alts. Maybe it would be too much to organise. Do we know yet if you can have characters of both faction on the same server?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

There have been thoughts of an Imperial Guild (but only very very vaguely). We have so far only focused on our main part (Republic) and when we get established a bit we will see how we will tackle the Empire side of things.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Machior wrote:There have been thoughts of an Imperial Guild (but only very very vaguely). We have so far only focused on our main part (Republic) and when we get established a bit we will see how we will tackle the Empire side of things.
I think it makes alot of sense for us to have a sister guild for the Sith, if and only if it was run by someone who wasn't also a leader of TKM.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

I agree. It worked good in SWG when people were smart enough to pull it off... With a RP server it'll be nice to have guild wars every now and then to get some PvP in at random times of playing.
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Hastur
Registered

Post by Hastur »

I'm a self certified altoholic. Just to give you an idea. I've played WoW for 4 years and never reached the maximum level. But if I join you guys, I'll probably stick to one toon on either side. As I wouldn't want to mix-up personalities. In my pen & paper days I also focused on one at a time. Besides, I will have plenty of friends on other servers who can pester with my alts.
I stink, therefore I am.
BadJawa
Ex-member

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

Whilst I can understand the desire to play alts, and I can understand the desire to play Imperial alts, I would urge caution when considering setting up a sister guild of our own.

What makes a good guild is a good community. It's the companionship; whether joining fellow players for questing, for instancing, or even just chatting, having other people around makes us want to play more.

And having a good community here, it's only reasonable to want to play with the same community when it's time to pull out that Imperial alt and have a blast being naughty.

Here is where I advise caution, and for a number of reasons.

Regardless of how many people join this guild, each player only gets to log on once. So they're either going to be logged on as Republic or Imperial. Not both. That means that we're lowering the number of fellow players that we'll be able to game with at any one time. And not only that, we're actively promoting less opportunity to game with each other.

We're a Republic guild. Let's try and concentrate on being the best damn Republic guild in the game. There are plenty of multi-game, multi-faction guilds out there. And I specifically chose this guild because I didn't want the community I joined to be devolve into mediocrity by trying to spread itself too thin.

Why set up an Imperial guild of our own, when we can join someone else's? I'm pretty sure we can find an Imperial guild that would happily allow an exchange; we take their Republic alts, in exchange for them taking our Imperial alts. That way, we both work to improve game for each other, rather than lessening our game. That way both groups get to play their naughty alts in a good community, rather than a good community lessened.

Now, I might have got references to "sister guild" wrong. If so, please forgive me, but if that is what's being suggested here, I would strongly and whole-heartedly recommend against it. I'm fully intending to have Imperial alts at some time, but my plan was to either solo them, or find a guild that didn't mind having an extremely part time member.

Cheers,
Hawley.
Subtlety is for other people.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Why set up an Imperial guild of our own, when we can join someone else's? I'm pretty sure we can find an Imperial guild that would happily allow an exchange; we take their Republic alts, in exchange for them taking our Imperial alts. That way, we both work to improve game for each other, rather than lessening our game. That way both groups get to play their naughty alts in a good community, rather than a good community lessened.
+1.

I don't think anyone, at least that I'm aware of, is seriously considering setting up a sister imp guild any time soon after launch. We'll have 2-4 months of really busy exploring and working out to do. I'm not ruling it out, but it's on TKM's own "wall of crazy".
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

Yup & Yup on last two posts.

Sounds like a name for a spaceship. YupYup is docking in bay H76.