What is your zombie plan?

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
JenDoon
Ex-member

What is your zombie plan?

Post by JenDoon »

Ok, the zombie apocalypse is upon you, wherever you live. You hear a news report that confirms it.

What do you do?

Now, be realistic. If you can't get access to guns or a tank, don't include such things.

PS, the zombies are the slow kind, not the 28 days later runners.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Re: What is your zombie plan?

Post by Machior »

I would like to say:
I'd get in my car, drive to a nearby gas station to stock up on fuel/food/etc, and things to hit stuff with (all the while trying to keep the zombies away or avoiding them). Then I'd see to acquire a slightly bigger more robust vehicle then my current car so that driving over zombies won't be that much of an issue.
Then I'd go and check up on my friends/family to see if they are still uninfected and rescue-able. If so I'd try to get them, if not I'd mourn them. I would try to stay on the move though until I find some place that is defensible and somewhat remote (but not too far so that I can head to some place to acquire supplies).
I'd try to hold out as long as possible from that position and try to equip myself with more and better supplies and weapons.

Realistically though:
I'd be one of the gazillions trying to munch your brains.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

I live in a first floor flat, part of a converted house. Within 100 yards in two directions I have two small supermarkets, 1 chinese restaurant, 1 indian restaurant, a pharmacy and a pub.

The access to my flat is by way of an iron staircase, this is the only way up apart from climbing the wall. My flat provides ample views of the road and surrounding area.

So first things first, food and water. Raid the two supermarkets for bottled water and canned food that is easily prepareable, any tools and materials of use aswell such as knives, diy kit, medical supplies from the pharmacy. Siphon petrol from nearby cars.

Use the available detritus around my flats ground area to erect a barricade and place a tangle trap on the staircase.

From here I can hold up and possibly foray into town for better supplies and protective items.
Hit wilkinsons up for some choice items including weed sprayer, metal valves and garden torches.

Also you guys can come hold up with me. strength in numbers eh.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am surrounded by RAF bases.
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

This is a geek college, so we're actually weird enough to have all of this planned out in advance.

Just in case.

I have the luck to first of all live in a fairly secluded town with vast amounts of farmland nearby. But I happen to be so lucky that 15 km from my place, in a forest, there is an army tank and supply depot (including shelters with food for months, for many people) that I can travel to.

I have no car, but me and my buddies here at college have enough cars between us to get there safely.

After we had prepared ourselves properly (gotten some guns and stuff, or if the army is still there (they usually only have around 5 people there, I think), just some food and fuel and whatever else they'll part with), there is a small airport 50 km from here that we would try to reach. One of our numbers actually has a piloting license (lucky bugger), so we would be able to fly somewhere safe if we could get our hands on an airplane, which is likely, since it's a private airport.

We'd probably travel somewhere secluded. There are several danish islands with small farming communities of no more than 5-10 people, where food should be plentiful and the zombie disease highly, extremely unlikely to spread. We've done some research, and found a few potential islands with roads that are long and straight enough to actually land on and take off from with a small airplane.

Result: We're isolated, safe, we have tons of food, and we have an airplane that can take us anywhere within 5000 miles as soon as we hear in the radio or from the satellite antenna that we of course brought, that some other place that sounds better is safe.

In the worst case, it is a farming community, which makes it essentially self-sufficient. We have no need to go anywhere else.

So yeah, we should be alright over here.
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
Thrakos
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Thrakos / Taunya / Neutrino
SteamID: Big White Bear
Xbox Live Gamertag: thraiax
Location: mostly Greece, occasional long periods of pillaging abroad..

Post by Thrakos »

I leave my house in the morning, and promptly am bitten by a zombie. I stagger back inside and collapse on the couch as the pain and zombie virus work against me. Boomer comes and begins to lick the wound as he always does when i've been hurt, wanting to help nurse me back to health.

Slowly, over the course of the day, a big zombie-mutagen cocoon forms around us out of the seeping wound.

3 days later we emerge, a zombie hybrid boomer-me, two consciousnesseseses, part me, part boomer, much zombie.

Bored after our 4 day hiatus, we emerge into the daylight and start tossing zombies about and chasing them as they fly through the air, pouncing, pawing and generally having a grand old time of it.

We may get tired after a bit and climb one of the nearby apartment blocks to snooze on the warm cement of the rooftop.

The coming months will be filled with such daily romps, raiding of souvlaki shops and tavernas and we may even eventually make our way down to the coast and swim to an island as the mainland will no doubt start getting noisy with all the gunfire and explosions as humanity starts fighting back.

The rest of our days will be spent cavorting in the waves of whatever island we chose, possibly mykonos from happy childhood memories, while the locals adopt us as their island deity and keep us happy with daily offerings of gyros and lamb chops.
"Is that a small sewage plant you're carrying in your trousers, or do I detect you're a tad concerned?"
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Velorius
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tharan Elataar

Post by Velorius »

Points to Thrakos for originality?

Myself, I'd just hunker down and wait for the whole thing to blow over...
Then plunder the homes of anyone dumb enough to get bitten.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say;
A fool speaks because he has to say something.
Nekxyu
Ex-member

Post by Nekxyu »

Thrakos wrote:I leave my house in the morning, and promptly am bitten by a zombie. I stagger back inside and collapse on the couch as the pain and zombie virus work against me. Boomer comes and begins to lick the wound as he always does when i've been hurt, wanting to help nurse me back to health.

Slowly, over the course of the day, a big zombie-mutagen cocoon forms around us out of the seeping wound.

3 days later we emerge, a zombie hybrid boomer-me, two consciousnesseseses, part me, part boomer, much zombie.

Bored after our 4 day hiatus, we emerge into the daylight and start tossing zombies about and chasing them as they fly through the air, pouncing, pawing and generally having a grand old time of it.

We may get tired after a bit and climb one of the nearby apartment blocks to snooze on the warm cement of the rooftop.

The coming months will be filled with such daily romps, raiding of souvlaki shops and tavernas and we may even eventually make our way down to the coast and swim to an island as the mainland will no doubt start getting noisy with all the gunfire and explosions as humanity starts fighting back.

The rest of our days will be spent cavorting in the waves of whatever island we chose, possibly mykonos from happy childhood memories, while the locals adopt us as their island deity and keep us happy with daily offerings of gyros and lamb chops.
/thread

RIP Seph
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

I've got decent melee weapons stashed away just in case of a zombie apocalypse, so I'd just barricade myself in my flat (behind 3 massive doors, plus the actual flat door) and do insanely corageous trips to the shop across the street and stock up on food etc.
Nekxyu
Ex-member

Post by Nekxyu »

Some of these solutions seem extremely temporary.

Where is your long-term perspective? What happens when the supermarkets run out of food to loot, even if we discount the danger of constant encounters with zombies?

RIP Seph