What is your zombie plan?

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: What is your zombie plan?

Post by JenDoon »

Thrakos wrote:I leave my house in the morning, and promptly am bitten by a zombie. I stagger back inside and collapse on the couch as the pain and zombie virus work against me. Boomer comes and begins to lick the wound as he always does when i've been hurt, wanting to help nurse me back to health.

Slowly, over the course of the day, a big zombie-mutagen cocoon forms around us out of the seeping wound.

3 days later we emerge, a zombie hybrid boomer-me, two consciousnesseseses, part me, part boomer, much zombie.

Bored after our 4 day hiatus, we emerge into the daylight and start tossing zombies about and chasing them as they fly through the air, pouncing, pawing and generally having a grand old time of it.

We may get tired after a bit and climb one of the nearby apartment blocks to snooze on the warm cement of the rooftop.

The coming months will be filled with such daily romps, raiding of souvlaki shops and tavernas and we may even eventually make our way down to the coast and swim to an island as the mainland will no doubt start getting noisy with all the gunfire and explosions as humanity starts fighting back.

The rest of our days will be spent cavorting in the waves of whatever island we chose, possibly mykonos from happy childhood memories, while the locals adopt us as their island deity and keep us happy with daily offerings of gyros and lamb chops.
LoL!

I live in Scotland, so no guns and I don't drive.

I'd double check it wasn't a hoax news report, get online and try to find more info. When I realized it was real I'd have a good look outside (I live in a 4th floor flat). Then total panic would set in.

No fucking way I'd go outside. The streets would be utter riots. Anyone who thinks they could just walk on down to the local shops without having to either kill zombies or fight off other survivors for supplies is kidding themselves.

I have enough food in my flat to last me for weeks (we buy rice and pasta in bulk). I'd fill up every container with water, barricade the front door (only entrance) and wait it out for at least 3/4 days. Once the plague had cleared out the streets, then and only then would I be making very careful trips (starting with a recon of the other flats in my block) to get supplies and see about fleeing the city. There is an army base about 10 miles from where I live and I know the way to get their using cycling lanes in the country.

The streets would be a mess, but two people on bikes could weave through it at high speed, and silently too.

Yeah, I'd cycle out of the city, loaded up with food/drink and a tent.
Nemene
Registered
SWTOR Characters: Nemene Tedronai

Post by Nemene »

Lick a box of solpadeine, turn blue and fall over. Join zombies.
█╬╬╬╬()╬█Ξ██████████████████████████████████)
There is nothing new, except what has been forgotten.
(██████████████████████████████████Ξ█╬()╬╬╬╬█
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

I can see that the future of the human race is black indeed, if this is the extent of your survival instincts xD
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
Terrog
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Terrog Vedkenis

Post by Terrog »

Provided that I do not have anybody else beside myself to care about:

The ministry of internal affairs is right next to my flat (which is a perfect place to sniper some politician or a potential witness) so I'd ride in there and ask my friend who is a gate guard there (although I have not seen him lately, probably because his service has ended) to shelter me. If rejected I would go for other government/army/police bases or whatever organizations would be likely to survive and stick with them. Afterwards it would depend on situation, first of all I would provide myself with a gun, map, car with a lot of canned food in it and a friend who I trust the most. probably choosing from pre-existing friends would be a good idea. If things get ugly I'd run for other military facilities. If I can't find any I'll adopt survival ways of other people I meet, if nothing useful is found I'll do something ridiculous.

But first of all I would google it.
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

Nekxyu wrote:Some of these solutions seem extremely temporary.

Where is your long-term perspective? What happens when the supermarkets run out of food to loot, even if we discount the danger of constant encounters with zombies?
I'm a light eater. That and there are like 4 shops that stock a good amount of food within a 500m radius. It's a small town filled with sickly students, so the amount of zombies should be controllable. I'll not fight my faith though, when it's time to give I'll give up and go out in style.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

I am loading up with a machette hooked up to wires with batteries duct tape to it, stealing a jet, and flying it to scottland. There i will meet up with Jen'doon and our dear friend Sia to do some Dead Island/L4D2 Zombie killing.
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

I forgot the bit about stealing a land rover and armouring it up a bit more (and then driving up to meet you guys in Scotland.) I will of course bring my flame thrower and tangle traps.
Tym
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tymran

Post by Tym »

Step 1 Google up WTF is going on.
Step 2 Tell my GF not to freak out.
Step 3 Go back to gaming for as long as the electricity is on. You know there is no gurantee that i will not turn to zombie too at least it will happen to me while doing what i like to do. With my luck i have a day or two before turning.
Step 4 Go out and search for braaaaaaains.
Never tell me the odds!
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Tym wrote:Step 1 Google up WTF is going on.
Step 2 Tell my GF not to freak out.
Step 3 Go back to gaming for as long as the electricity is on. You know there is no gurantee that i will not turn to zombie too at least it will happen to me while doing what i like to do. With my luck i have a day or two before turning.
Step 4 Go out and search for braaaaaaains.
You're...my number one guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ag9Sll6RI
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Post by SonnyCorle »

These guys have some good ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Y7YDai1uo
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"