Everyman Sleeping Schedule - An account

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Re: Everyman Sleeping Schedule - An account

Post by Slide »

JenDoon wrote:My girlfriend is going to kill me when I try this.
TRY IT!

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

While Da Vinci may very well have been polyphasic and there are a lot of rumors about his sleeping rhythm, I would like to point out that all of these rumors are insubstantiated, and nobody really knows for sure.

Nonetheless, this really does seem to work. Most of the time I feel better than I did before.

Also, do eet, Doon!

Fair warning though: a lot of my friends have tried Freeman by now, and they all report it being harder than I experienced, so a lot of my adaptation had probably taken place by way of Freeman already. They never truly zombified, though, so it can't be that bad.

From what I've seen, you will be tired. You will want to stop. You will not believe that this works while you're adapting. You will rationalize with yourself that it makes sense to stop, and you will believe yourself.

The trick is to just not let yourself make the decision, apparently. Give someone else authority over your experiment, and tell them that you might try to make them let you stop while the experiment is ongoing. If a full week (seven days) pass without any adaptation and you still feel worse than ever, then they should stop you.
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Nekxyu wrote:While Da Vinci may very well have been polyphasic and there are a lot of rumors about his sleeping rhythm, I would like to point out that all of these rumors are insubstantiated, and nobody really knows for sure.

Nonetheless, this really does seem to work. Most of the time I feel better than I did before.

Also, do eet, Doon!

Fair warning though: a lot of my friends have tried Freeman by now, and they all report it being harder than I experienced, so a lot of my adaptation had probably taken place by way of Freeman already. They never truly zombified, though, so it can't be that bad.

From what I've seen, you will be tired. You will want to stop. You will not believe that this works while you're adapting. You will rationalize with yourself that it makes sense to stop, and you will believe yourself.

The trick is to just not let yourself make the decision, apparently. Give someone else authority over your experiment, and tell them that you might try to make them let you stop while the experiment is ongoing. If a full week (seven days) pass without any adaptation and you still feel worse than ever, then they should stop you.
I'll take to it like a duck to water. I spent years as a teenager learning to meditate and relax really quickly. I can fall asleep whilst running! Only problem is, right now I'm building up wife prestige so I can ignore her when Skyrim hits...so, this little experiment will have to wait.
Krytar
Ex-member

Post by Krytar »

I read this about Da Vinci, he only slept 30 min every 2 hours?Or im wrong on the numbers.What i know is from what i read a small nap in the day like 10-20min can reenergize you.Takes getting used to.
"When there is no enemies inside, the enemies outside can't hurt you"