Scotland!

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Halvy
Ex-member

Re: Scotland!

Post by Halvy »

I've been looking up some things about Scotland and i've noticed a lot of people saying they want Scotland to be free from England. Is that a big issue that is brought up a lot or just random people on the internet trying to cause trouble? If so then are you really for it, against it, or really dont give a damn :P (Mainly for Jen idk if anyone else here is from Scotland if you are feel free to place your opinion!)
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

Well from an outsider's point of view it's something the locals start yapping about when they're drunk.

No offense meant Jen.
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

From an English perspective - and we are allowed a voice given the large say Scotland has in the running of the UK as a whole and hence England - I think it is a step too soon.
When there is a European States as one entity then Scotland should become a state as part of that but to break up the UK as a trading entity is not a good plan. I know there is history but the final stage was the act of union - a joining together - not a taking over. James was King of Scotland before he accepted the invitation to be king of England. We should be looking at coming together rather than a moving apart.
That or forget Europe and just call the whole lot of the UK, England...
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

That's what we do in Denmark - call it England.

Oh, it's over there-ish? Yeah, it's England. All of it.
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I really don't care about whether or not Scotland gets independance from England. It's not like Scottish politicians can be trusted any more than english ones and to be honest alot of the discussions, when you watch the politicians seem to have an rather silly undercurrent of historical upset to it.

Yes, England wasn't very nice to Scotland a long time ago, but we're one island with one language and a shared culture of basic ethics. Perhaps in the interests of focussing on larger issues, we should let that crap go and move on. : )

I love Scotland, and call myself Scottish because I was raised here, but England is just as beautiful and worthy of respect.
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

Someone in England is monitering what you say aren't they Jen'doon! Let out your rage, start a revolution, you become king of Scotland and free them! lol

I figured it wasn't a MAJOR deal, but i was curious in the matter so thanks for clearing all that up!
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.