Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by JenDoon »

I had an epic "wow" moment last night.

I've fought lots of dragons, and to be honest even on Master difficulty, I'm so good with my bow and magic that they aren't much of a challenge anymore because they just can't get close enough to hit me...well, not usually.

I was riding at night with a beautiful starry sky complete with full moon. My war horse was trotting along (I'd just made it gallop til it ran out of juice) quite happily on the way to a quest when I saw a shadow flash over my head. It was so fast though I couldn't be sure I'd actually seen it.

I did a quick 360 but saw nothing, still I'm nothing if not cautious so I hopped of my horse and drew my Bow. A split second later a fookin ice dragon landed right on top of me, staggering me back and sending my horse flying off. I got blasted with ice and died within seconds.

I love the fact I can get facerolled by a surprised attack.

ps, glass amour looks frikkin amazing in this game. It always looked lame in the other elder scrolls, but it's lovely in this one.
Krytar
Ex-member

Post by Krytar »

I might buy it.
What are youre thoughts on the blood and gore in this game, is it 'necesarry'?Oblivion didn't go that far.
I saw some videos of Skyrim gamplay, in one some guy got decapitated very realisticly, i question if this is good for kids idk.
"When there is no enemies inside, the enemies outside can't hurt you"
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Krytar wrote:I might buy it.
What are youre thoughts on the blood and gore in this game, is it 'necesarry'?Oblivion didn't go that far.
I saw some videos of Skyrim gamplay, in one some guy got decapitated very realisticly, i question if this is good for kids idk.
Not seen any decapitaions in SKyrim unless there is a hidden setting I missed. alot of blood splatter. Cuts appearing where you hit an opponent, they only stay until next time you slash them again.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Post by Amtath »

I think I read that the beheading animation is part of a perk but I don't know from which tree.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
Exerxes

Post by Exerxes »

Decapitation is a perk you can purchase for Two Handed and I think, one handed skills (Edit: Confirmed, it is a perk for 1 Handed too). When you hit with a power attack you have a chance of beheading your opponent.

Skyrim's gore is no worse than Fallout 3. In fact it's actually less since there isn't a 'Bloody Mess' perk.

To be frank, it has a 15 age rating here in the UK. If someone under 15 is playing it then that's their parents' problem not the gaming community at large or Bethesda.

The media makes a big deal out of violent video games. It goes so far that it even tries to make the most unbelieveably wild connections between violent crimes and games. Films will always show the most graphic, violent scenes far beyond anything that a game can do, yet films don't get anywhere near this reputation.

Some people are so obssessed with their constant pressure on games that they don't even see the reality; That normal people, normal kids, when they play a game of this ilk, do not, DO NOT, want to go out and imitate the crimes in real life.

... Yeah, sorry, went off in a tangent there... Anyways, leave my video games alone, Daily Mail! Hehe

And yeah, if you played Fallout 3 and didn't mind it, then Skyrim isn't anything to be concerned about.

Ex

Edit: Speaking of bad parenting, lol...: http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/12 ... id=ign1407
"Jedi refer to the ‘light side’ and the ‘dark side’, but really, these are only words, and the Force is beyond words. It is not evil, just as it isn’t good-it's simply what it is."

Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

Went back to the starter area, Helglen, and it was filled with bandits. They even build a bridge over the area where the dragon knocked rocks down so you couldn't go back the way you came in the starting area! This game is really awesome for doing stuff like this!

Oh and one of the 1st things you see in this game is someone getting their head chopped off in an exectution.
Terrog
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Terrog Vedkenis

Post by Terrog »

Exerxes wrote: To be frank, it has a 15 age rating here in the UK. If someone under 15 is playing it then that's their parents' problem not the gaming community at large or Bethesda.

The media makes a big deal out of violent video games. It goes so far that it even tries to make the most unbelieveably wild connections between violent crimes and games. Films will always show the most graphic, violent scenes far beyond anything that a game can do, yet films don't get anywhere near this reputation.

Some people are so obssessed with their constant pressure on games that they don't even see the reality; That normal people, normal kids, when they play a game of this ilk, do not, DO NOT, want to go out and imitate the crimes in real life.

... Yeah, sorry, went off in a tangent there... Anyways, leave my video games alone, Daily Mail! Hehe

And yeah, if you played Fallout 3 and didn't mind it, then Skyrim isn't anything to be concerned about.
Well said.
Zenosis
Old-timer

Post by Zenosis »

Numero_Uno wrote:Oh and one of the 1st things you see in this game is someone getting their head chopped off in an exectution.

oh yeah, forgot about that one, hum well I wasn't rushing but completed the main quest, had a Dwarven Sword (superior with drain life enchantment) Steel PLate Armour with various enchants an Orc SHield, found it too easy but realised I had it on the easiest setting, so wiping all my saves and starting again, still going to go for vampire though.

well all except my most recent one, maybe I will try the Kahjit race (has the teeth already)
Republic:
Imperials
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Darlings...level up alteration to around 55 and buy the "detect life" spell.

It's a winner.

Ps, I think my horse is dead.
Zenosis
Old-timer

Post by Zenosis »

JenDoon wrote:Darlings...level up alteration to around 55 and buy the "detect life" spell.

It's a winner.

Ps, I think my horse is dead.
ok refering to restarting, I will have to now as one of the companion's runs upto me with his sword drawn and starts a conversation with me no matter what I do he chases me. So Malkuth (um think thats right the hold on the far west) the gyards get stuck in a questioning loop, have to tab and exit the conversation and kill them before they try talking again. and my Demon Horse I think its tougher than other horses it actually tanked a dragon and it seems to like chasing wolves.
Republic:
Imperials