Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Amtath »

JenDoon wrote:Ps, I think my horse is dead.
Found a body or lost him after a battle? Because twice I have lost mine after a battle, and after buying a new one, I have crossed path with my former horse on the road.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Amtath wrote:
JenDoon wrote:Ps, I think my horse is dead.
Found a body or lost him after a battle? Because twice I have lost mine after a battle, and after buying a new one, I have crossed path with my former horse on the road.

I sort of left him standing on a cliff when I realised my companion was getting her arsed kicked all over the shop when I galloped ahead and left her.

It's really annoying our companions can't ride the horse with us, cause very often the horse can make it up mountains walkers can't, but mountains are dangerous. In the end I decided my companion is more important...though when I get a certain demonic horse I might change my mind about that.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Another beautiful shot that really shows the best of Skyrim.

This Dragon circled around for a long time, trying to tease me out into open ground but I refused to chase him. I was happy to watch him swoop and soar in the northern lights.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44 ... Shot51.jpg

I killed him later though.
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

Electromancer... Yikes!

Was feeling a little bummed last night as I got Enchanting to 80 and realized that my destruction & magicka enchant was only like 10% regen with a grand soul. Was hoping to be able to make something close to the Archmage Robes on some elven or glass armor. Sounds like I might have to level up Alchemy to get there. Every time I kill something big it puts a grand soul into my black soul stones, despite having plenty of empty grand soul stones, grr.

Oh and I had written a big reply about what I'm playing, but my iPad nuked it. I'm going for a semi Battle Mage, mostly focused on Destruction, with Enchanting up now. Was going to go for Smithing but might have to replace that with Alchemy to get my enchants up there. Seems pretty easy to find armor that is on par for your level. Was torn between heavy armor and light armor but I think I'm going to go with light armor. Second tier skills are Sneak and One-Handed. Might go for the perks in Speech or Lockpicking at the end if I don't end up taking Smithing and Alchemy.
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

Found a stray dog last night. It started following me, then i went off road and got attacked by what i'd only imagine was a Banshee. It killed my new dog right away before it turned it's terrifying power on me, and sadly killed me too.

As you know, when you reload, your not likely to meet the same things again so I didnt find the stray dog again :(
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

I had an amusing thing happen in Whiterun a few days ago before I wiped my saves, I was returning after doing a quest but as I entered my Vampirism entered stage 4 (all NPC's attack you) so I used the skill you get only at stage 4 which allows you to be come invisible for 3 mins ((think its 3 mins)) as I did that all the guards turned on the regular folk starting a mass brawl in the center of town, I ran to the companions place as quickly as I could found one asleep and fed, came out seeing 2 guards dead and the NPC I was supposed to return my quest to dead.

Oh the first none scripted Dragon Battle I got into was at Riverwood the Blacksmith got killed when the dragon picked him up in its mouth and threw him in the air.

New Shandra is now Lv6 and heading to do the the early part of the main quest, oh and yes she has already contracted Sanguinare Vamparis so she might become a Vampire while inside that barrow :P

oh and sort of off-tangent :D ordered Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, after finding a book in Skyrim called Oblivion, so I assume it relates to it. (the version off steam for £19.99 for all the DLC/Expansions for it)
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Exerxes

Post by Exerxes »

You haven't played Oblivion?!? Wow... Well I'll say you'll enjoy it.

Now is it just me but I'm starting to get the impression that if you aren't a Jack of All Trades you will die, and quickly...

Take my character. Badass Conan dude, Two Handed, Smithing, Heavy Armoured, a touch of Block, a touch of Sneak, and yet any opponent with a bow or wearing a robe can take my dude down in 3 shots...

I'm wearing Dragonplate armour... I've got an armour rating of 382. I've got 270 HPs. How, how, how, how, can a wooden stick take off a third of my health?!?!?!?!?

How, how, how, how, can a touch of fire almost instantly nail me?

Tbh, now I'm starting to get the impression that if you aren't an archer stealth ninja or a mage tank destroyer then you are utterly in trouble. Guess the days of Oblivion are over, when Conan actually worked... :(

Ex
"Jedi refer to the ‘light side’ and the ‘dark side’, but really, these are only words, and the Force is beyond words. It is not evil, just as it isn’t good-it's simply what it is."

Zenosis
Old-timer

Post by Zenosis »

Well Shandra Jerro is a Heavy Plate wearing one handed Sword with a SHield and she seems to kick butt sometimes other times she gets her butt sent to the moon and back :D

oh and trying to figure out how to mod Skyrim, I plan on reversing the Vampire stuff, Strongest at Stage 1, Weaker at Stage 2, Even Weaker at Stage 3, Weakest at Stage 4

well what I mean to say Stage 1 would have the Weakness/Strengths of Stage 4 without the NPC attack you on sight and that stealth thing you get at stage 4
Stage 2 would equal what Stage 3 is now
Stage 3 would equal what stage 2 is now
Stage 4 would equal what stage 1 is now plus the NPC killing you as your blood starved and obviously a vampire and the Stealth

when I say weakness/strengths I mean Stage 1= 100% Resistance to ice, 100% vunrability to fire with Vampire Seduction, Vampire Sight, Vampiric Drain Life, Vampiric Servant
Stage 2= 75% Resitance to Ice, 75% Vunrability to fire with Vampire Seduction, Vampire Sight, Vampric Drain Life
Stage 3= 50% Resistance to Ice, 50% vunrability to fire with Vampire Sight, Vampiric Drain Life.
Stage 4= 25% Resistance to Ice, 25% vunrability to fire with Vampiric Sight, Dark Shroud (think its called that allows you to become invisible for 300 secs I think) and NPC attack you on sight.
Republic:
Imperials
Exerxes

Post by Exerxes »

That's exactly what some of the Oblivion mods had done. They reversed the Vampire abilities as you suggested and, certainly for me at least, it made a lot more sense than what Beth put in initially.

Disappointed to see that they did the exact same thing with Skyrim; I'd figure they would learn their lessons but obviously they think they know better than Vampire-esque fans.

I think you'd need to wait til the mod tools are released; should be sometime soon, next month to two. It's a focussed mod, but no less difficult to make without the correct tools.

Ex
"Jedi refer to the ‘light side’ and the ‘dark side’, but really, these are only words, and the Force is beyond words. It is not evil, just as it isn’t good-it's simply what it is."

Zenosis
Old-timer

Post by Zenosis »

Another Mod I will have a go at making, there is a certain quest where you become a werewolf, I want to do it as a Vampire, means alot of editing though!

Sort of like the change to werewolf failing they ask why? then you tell them your a Vampire its upto them whether they will accept or try to kill you :D
Republic:
Imperials