Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
Xylae
Ex-member

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Xylae »

I was successful :D Managed to kill one using dual wield (the first time I've ever done dual-wield and it was successful) I got the Thalmor's armour, and just killed everybody that stood in my way. Was fun really and I think once I've completed the storyline with this character I'll do another one, but one that can sneak.
JenDoon wrote:I just got the final word of the "unrelenting force" shout.

Wow...talk about master force push!

Pretty fun to use it in a tavern then vanish under an invisibility spell.
Lol, I love it, sometimes it's not that effective but it is when there are about 5 enemies in your way and you just 'shout' at them, like shouting "sit down" to them lol.
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

JenDoon wrote:I just got the final word of the "unrelenting force" shout.

Wow...talk about master force push!

Pretty fun to use it in a tavern then vanish under an invisibility spell.
Is there an invisibility spell? Or 'Stealth' perk / ability? Only thing I know of are the potions... Also, has anyone seen a perk planner?
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I lost my first companion tonight.

We've been together since Riverwood where I got him a girlfriend and in return, he got beat up by undead, bandits, gaurds, bears and wolves and steam machines, set on fire, attacked by dragons, carried all my loots and had to run after me for 30 hours on foot while I rode a horse. Didn't pay him a penny.

Then, we got into a fight with a fort full of nord bandits (above my level) and I lost track of him (usually I let him tank and I spam a heal spell on him but he sort of ran off). I dropped a fire atronach and vanished into stealth..bow drawn. The enemies lost me and I managed to stealth shoot them all.

After I'd killed 5 of them...I found my poor comrade lying dead. Usually he'd get knocked down and then enemies would ignore him..but not this time. It was very dark and I'm left with the horrible realization I may have shot him from a long way away, thinking he was one of them (hard to tell with all the armour I had on him).

I gave him a proper viking burial (Ie..dragged him into a fire and left him there..minus all my loots..and his house key).

I've got a hot female warrior now...but I won't ever forget him!

The good times. (bromance)

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44 ... Shot23.jpg

sorry bro...

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44 ... Shot32.jpg
Halvy
Ex-member

Post by Halvy »

Xenn wrote:
Halvy wrote:Has anyone fought this guy yet??? Video contains possible spoiler if you haven't heard/seen this guy already.
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56242/the-e ... fbfantrack
Are you stuck on him Halvy? I fought him from the hallway leading up to the big chamber (with the gate)... Kept me out of melee range.
Na, i don't the game i just found it cool and was curious :P
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Xylae
Ex-member

Post by Xylae »

Does anybody know that once you complete the main story, can you carry on in the open world and do other quests like the companions etc? On fallout new vegas once you completed the story I don't think you were able to carry on, is it the same for Skyrim?
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Yes you can carry on after the main story, though I don't know if Dragons are there after.

I'm finding the main story rather pale in comparision with random side quests and the guilds stories.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

JenDoon wrote:I lost my first companion tonight.
I know the feeling :( I well um was doing Forbidden Lore (Quest something like that) we were doing so well until the last fight, they turned on my companion and slaughtered her,

:p Lydia was her name she was careless at times setting off traps, but she was a good warrior, wonder if I survived because Shandra Jerro is a Vampire.
Xenn wrote: Has anyone fought this guy yet??? Video contains possible spoiler if you haven't heard/seen this guy already.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56242/the-el ... fbfantrack
yup faced it couldn't beat it so reloaded outside to go back later.

Lol to be honest as well I have lost track of which one is the main quest, joined the Empire killing Rebels, generally wandering around.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

So what race are people playing & what playstyle are you going for?

I've already tried several races & styles & it seems like i find something new to the starting area every time I play it too.

For me, i'm not really into the magic playstyle. Maybe because you need to have 1 hand free to use it, and I like to duel wield or sword & board. I also was never really into magic even in my pen and paper rp days. I'm more of a "smashy smashy" player.

At the moment I've made a Woodelf & I am going to try go the archery route with some stealth & duel-wield for close combat. As much as I like heavy armor, i'm going to focus on light armor for this character.

I've also got another question(s) about the game now that I think about it. What is the max level cap? And could you theoretically learn every skill in the game? I know you lose skill over time, for example if you do jail time your skills go down so i'd imagine not using certain skills means they'd go down over time, but i'm not sure about that.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

I think the Skills only go down if your in jail.

Me I am A Heavy Armour Wearing Sword and shield warrior with alot of points in Restoration Magic as well, um where can I find a heal to heal others?

First Character
Race= Imperial
Name= Shandra Jerro
Other Facts= Contracted Vampirism (so a Vampire)(draw back can't do one quest as I lose the vampire stuff)
Style= Sword+Shield in combat Bow to attract attention, Can Make Dwarven and Elven Armours/Equipment, Pretty good at enchanting and Lockpicking :D

Having fun as a vampire as well, if you don't feed your powers get stronger, but if you do not feed for 4 days I think it is in Gametime, any guard/NPC in any city will attack you on sight.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Where do you go to become a Vampire? I came across someone who had been bit. She said in thanks for me giving her a cure potion, she would highlight on my map where 'not' to go, but I can't see it anywhere on my map.

Race= Nord
Name= Farother
Style= Sword + Shield / Bow / Heavy Armour / Blacksmith / Lockpicking

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight