Monitor Help!

Forum for general discussions that aren't relevant to any of our other forums.
SonnyCorle
Ex-member

Monitor Help!

Post by SonnyCorle »

Okay so over the last couple of months I've been pieceing together a little gaming set-up.

MSI GX660 laptop (I spend a lot of my time bouncing between a couple of places. So I had to get something portable.)

Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard

Razer Naga mouse (takes some getting used too :lol: )

Now I just need a monitor. Laptop screen just aint cutting it. Can anyone recommend me a good one? 24" seems about right for my main set-up at home. Under 200 quid would be nice :)

Cheers :!:
Republic Military Classified File: Sergeant Snowbourne

"We must fight—to victory, or death—for the Republic!"
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Re: Monitor Help!

Post by Slide »

I abide by Samsung. They give pixel warranty and great quality for your money. I suppose you should be able to get one in that price category.

You want 2ms response time, in case you didn't know.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Slidey beat me to it, but yes I would recommend a Samsung also. They are great value for money, and they even tend to be not that expensive as you would expect.

My last 2 monitors have been Samsung ones and they have really good quality on the screen with less than 2ms response.
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Post by Amtath »

I would recommend the Iiyama ProLite B2475HDS. Good colorimetry, image quality, good response, good stand (height adjustable, rotate and portrait mode), good wattage (24 watts)
If you don't need the stand Iiyama ProLite E2473HDS, same screen but with a different stand and cheaper.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
Terrog
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Terrog Vedkenis

Post by Terrog »

Not I know much about monitors but I've been using Sony SDM-s91 for YEARS now and I always found it to be better than anything that my friends had. I suppose it would save you a lot of money.
Tym
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tymran

Post by Tym »

I would also recommend samsung. Just because their pixel warrantly. I can guarrantee you that after several shop figths over one dead pixel in the middle of the screen youll never want to see another brand than samsung. Theyre not the best theyre not the cheapest. They are bit above average, but they keep you calm your nervous system relaxed and your sanity intact. This one i randomly saw online for 200 quid.
Never tell me the odds!