Stress testing beta extravaganza

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Halvy
Ex-member

Re: Stress testing beta extravaganza

Post by Halvy »

Hey if anyone gets a code they don't need or if they get extras(Alts) could i get one sent to me please? I would really like to get in on the big stress test, but since my account says i'm under 18 they won't send one. If anyone has one they don't need i'd love you forever.
Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

Slide wrote:I think we ought to decide (if we haven't already) whether or not any roleplaying we will do in the beta will count as actual TKM story. I'm opposed to this, as there may be guild members that won't make the beta after all. Plus, it's a test phase and we need to fool around.
Any thoughts?
I have to agree with Mr. Tighty Pants here. Roleplaying in the beta sounds like a bad idea, mainly because not everyone has the chance to enter. The time is also quite limited and I think that most people would prefer spend that time fooling around with the game systems or just get stuck in the character creation screen.
Kiel Barat
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kiel Barat

Post by Kiel Barat »

Halvy wrote:Hey if anyone gets a code they don't need or if they get extras(Alts) could i get one sent to me please? I would really like to get in on the big stress test, but since my account says i'm under 18 they won't send one. If anyone has one they don't need i'd love you forever.
Just apply for a code from one of the other websites and fake your age. I'm sure there are a few that don't use Facebook to authenticate things.
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Kiel Barat wrote:
Slide wrote:I think we ought to decide (if we haven't already) whether or not any roleplaying we will do in the beta will count as actual TKM story. I'm opposed to this, as there may be guild members that won't make the beta after all. Plus, it's a test phase and we need to fool around.
Any thoughts?
I have to agree with Mr. Tighty Pants here. Roleplaying in the beta sounds like a bad idea, mainly because not everyone has the chance to enter. The time is also quite limited and I think that most people would prefer spend that time fooling around with the game systems or just get stuck in the character creation screen.
I concur, lets use our shared Beta time to test our guild functions, learn the mechanics and start writing guides etc.
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

Apparently, what I thought was just the weekend beta invite was apparently a full beta invite. Woop-de-doo, I get to play the game lots and lots. :lol:

(And yes, I checked, the terms do allow me to say that I am *in* the game program, and that the game program exists. No more, though.)

*saunters off into the awesomeness that will be SW:TOR*
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

Hope you have lots of fun.
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Alwarin
Ex-member

Post by Alwarin »

Somebody mentioned the "don't want to spoil the story" element. I am feeling pretty much the same way, but at the same time I really want to try out the mechanics and see the world.

To resolve the situation I will be rolling an Empire character. Anybody wants to join the dark side for a weekend ? :-)
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

I might have to do that Alwarin, have a poke at my counterpart the Inquisitor, or perhaps the agent... hrrm.
Alwarin
Ex-member

Post by Alwarin »

Kaetha wrote:I might have to do that Alwarin, have a poke at my counterpart the Inquisitor, or perhaps the agent... hrrm.
Agent is tricky. Tried that last beta weekend and almost ended up hooked :) Watch that one !
Nekxyu
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Seph & Qorr

Post by Nekxyu »

Watch out with the Agent... I am hooked D:

I will definitely be rolling one of these as an alt when we start, unless of course I can play it enough until then to get sick of it.

(As a side note, that's what I'm doing too. Playing Empire only in the beta. And I am enjoying it alot D: I feel bad.)
A forum post should be like a skirt;
long enough to cover the subject material,
but short enough to keep things interesting.

RIP Seph