Stress testing beta extravaganza

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Yogash
Ex-member

Re: Stress testing beta extravaganza

Post by Yogash »

Long long ago in a forum not far from here...in fact this one I warned that when people started to play their original choices might change.

I also said that people would want to try the Imperial side as it does have much attraction to it and that when they did they would find a class that they liked and wanted to play.

I suggested then that we consider a sister guild to keep those wandering to the imperial side close to us.
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Yogash wrote:Long long ago in a forum not far from here...in fact this one I warned that when people started to play their original choices might change.

I also said that people would want to try the Imperial side as it does have much attraction to it and that when they did they would find a class that they liked and wanted to play.

I suggested then that we consider a sister guild to keep those wandering to the imperial side close to us.
Yeah, we'll get to sister guilds soon Mr, once we finish up our current to do list.
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

Alwarin wrote:Somebody mentioned the "don't want to spoil the story" element. I am feeling pretty much the same way, but at the same time I really want to try out the mechanics and see the world.

To resolve the situation I will be rolling an Empire character. Anybody wants to join the dark side for a weekend ? :-)
Definitely sounds like a wise strategy. I've been thinking of playing the class I'm least likely to roll on live, but I'm still at a loss for what that is.
Alwarin
Ex-member

Post by Alwarin »

Xenn wrote: Definitely sounds like a wise strategy. I've been thinking of playing the class I'm least likely to roll on live, but I'm still at a loss for what that is.
What I did, is choose the class that I believe could be my nemesis in PvP and tried of figure out how does it play - what are its strengths and weaknesses. Subsequently found out that it's actually lot of fun to snipe the hell out of everybody in the Warzones :evil:

Not that much fun in the PvE, but thats just IMO. Great story, but the 'cautious from-the-distance' style somehow did not fit me for the monster hunt.

With the NDA gone, I think we could all join Ventrilo, group up and have some good time on Hutta and Dromund Kaas :)
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

Not had any email but the client is now available for download on the http://www.swtor.com/tester page
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Zenkutsu wrote:Not had any email but the client is now available for download on the http://www.swtor.com/tester page

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. Everyone needs to log in with their SWTOR account, and go to the tester page to actually accept their test placement.
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

Wish i could log in...seems to want to do anything but.
(how to fly Serenity)
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Yogash wrote:Wish i could log in...seems to want to do anything but.

it's working for me right now Mr.
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

It seems this is not the computer i have used before - looks the same to me - and therefore I need to answer the security question - which I don't remember being asked before so no idea what the answer is! So I can't log in...
(how to fly Serenity)
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

They said they were going to activate the security questions, but apparently they messed it up a bit. Glad I filled them in and knew my answers.
There should be 5 questions, randomly selected, one of which you need to answer. So maybe try again with a later question?
If you can't get in anymore besides that, you will have to contact their Customer Support sadly.