Stress testing beta extravaganza

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Re: Stress testing beta extravaganza

Post by Zenosis »

Lol I followed Jendoons link, confirmed my place then got an email from SWTOR asking me to confirm my place and I was accepted into the test program, it looks like its the 13GB file size like what I downloaded in my previous test. could take all year, hope my Boxed copy comes through before release. but I am downloading the BETA software if its like STO it let you patch the beta client to the retail client.

well created my security questions. hope I remember the answers when asked :P
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Malgunn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Malgunn

Post by Malgunn »

Zenosis wrote:Lol I followed Jendoons link, confirmed my place then got an email from SWTOR asking me to confirm my place and I was accepted into the test program, it looks like its the 13GB file size like what I downloaded in my previous test. could take all year, hope my Boxed copy comes through before release. but I am downloading the BETA software if its like STO it let you patch the beta client to the retail client.

well created my security questions. hope I remember the answers when asked :P

The security Q's are for logging in each time to so make sure they are something memorable! i almost fell at that hurdle!

Im sure with a client that large that they will simply provide an update patch for the early-start/pre-game-access as d/l a 20g file again is a bit harsh! esp for those with capped d/l bandwith!

I did say earlier, that anyone who has capped d/l and needs this added to discs, i am only too happy to provide this service!

M

Malgunn Galazin
Smuggler ¦ Scoundrel ¦ Trader

SMUGGLERS: Don’t go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path. . . and leave a burning trail
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Malgunn you sir are a gentleman among gentleman!
Numero_Uno
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Zenderra

Post by Numero_Uno »

Malgunn wrote:Im sure with a client that large that they will simply provide an update patch for the early-start/pre-game-access as d/l a 20g file again is a bit harsh! esp for those with capped d/l bandwith!

M
I've seen a post somewhere with a Dev mentioning that it could be possible to patch the beta client to release, but it wasn't a guarantee. As i'm downloading the beta client now, I'm praying that they will let us patch it to release for Dec 15th! This download is basically costing me 80 euros!
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Hum, I am a numpty :p

the 13GB I saw was one file, quickly doing my maths I thing the Beta CLient D/l is 37-40GB in size if it is similar in size to the test I did before.

thankfully I can play other non-online games while it downloads, the launcher is far more stable so far.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I've decided to download the beta also. Going to take the risk that it can be patched to full release client. If not, I'll have to wait until I get the hard copy of the game in the post. Should only be a day or so after early access.

The temptation is too much. I need to mess around with character creation to get JJ looking just right. I think that will be all I'll do in the beta. Maybe test out an Empire character, so I don't spoil any of the Republic stuff.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

Jens Jutoon wrote:I've decided to download the beta also. Going to take the risk that it can be patched to full release client. If not, I'll have to wait until I get the hard copy of the game in the post. Should only be a day or so after early access.

The temptation is too much. I need to mess around with character creation to get JJ looking just right. I think that will be all I'll do in the beta. Maybe test out an Empire character, so I don't spoil any of the Republic stuff.
Yea I'm going empire for Beta too, Want to keep the Republic side fresh for launch. I think I'll try out the Jedi Knight Sentinel counterpart. So excited to see the game!
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I'll probably go all Sith Glow-sticky. As my character JJ, won't be going anywhere near any glow sticks when the game hits.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Malgunn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Malgunn

Post by Malgunn »

maybe we should do the 'Mirror Darkly' version of TKM for the Beta.... as in all go dark side alter egos :-)

Malgunn Galazin
Smuggler ¦ Scoundrel ¦ Trader

SMUGGLERS: Don’t go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path. . . and leave a burning trail
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

Malgunn wrote:maybe we should do the 'Mirror Darkly' version of TKM for the Beta.... as in all go dark side alter egos :-)
I was thinking of it but I'm worried the dark side will seduce me.