The Legacy system

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

The Legacy system

Post by Kaetha »

Hey Everyone,

This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history. This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:
  • Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters, on all servers - so choose carefully!
  • Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player's Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.

We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy's family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.

We look forward to reading your feedback on the Legacy System!

--James
JenDoon
Ex-member

Re: The Legacy system

Post by JenDoon »

Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history
LoL, clearly this noob has never seen a movie that wasn't made with special effects. What a stupid statement!

This does nothing for me as my character's name, being Kel Dor in origin already has the first and second name included.

I'm going to have to make it a tripler.

Jen'doon MacDoon.
Yogash
Ex-member

Post by Yogash »

Bagsy the first Mr Stevens!
'I'm like a leaf on the wind...watch how i soar'
(how to fly Serenity)
“A Trooper doesn’t get tired…he just reloads”
'We're coming....and we're bringing GUNS'
'two words - massive cannon. I got it - you don't'
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Yogash wrote:Bagsy the first Mr Stevens!
Hah!
pata
Old-timer

Post by pata »

Does it mean, somebody will have a miraluka and a sith pureblood, then they will have the same legacy name?
Xoana (shadow)
Mortel (scoundrel)
Sennera (sage)
Grao-tak/Grao (gunslinger/vanguard)
Botond (guardian)
Lirian (commando)
Jázmin (sentinel)
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Fingers crossed I can have Jerro. so at character creation my Miraluka Sentinel will be just Shandra, if Jerro is taken I will go look for Celtic surnames, but ofcourse that would confuse all the RP forum threads where she mentions her full name :D
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Zenkutsu
Ex-member

Post by Zenkutsu »

pata wrote:Does it mean, somebody will have a miraluka and a sith pureblood, then they will have the same legacy name?
Sounds like it. Pretty disappointing if it is.
Lisszia
Recruitment Officer
SWTOR Characters: Neknivar, Lisszia, Cicc, ...

Post by Lisszia »

As Pata and me are playing siblings and for alts we want to play different race, and totally different family, if we look at legacy name as surname, then one: having the same surname for he and me is not allowed, two all the other chars we run even if they are not the same race will have the same name. So if we have to choose a legacy name that will be our account name or something like that, and nothing more, no surname RP wise, because it's impossible, if we want to play what we planned.

(edited because pata misunderstood, and thought I'd give up the same family name as his, in RP, and I don't, just it can't be shown in game, and if not then there will be my account name : Neknivar, Lisszia legacy ...)
Last edited by Lisszia on Sat Nov 19, 2011 08:31, edited 2 times in total.
Neknivar Devsta Endris (Nekni) female zabrak, tiny
Other chars: Rhoo, Lisszia, Tríz, Lorna(imp), Loran, Cicc, Lette, Sla'laktu, Deesha, Siar, Old-triz, Lenaa (Nekni(imp), Nekní)
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Post by Amtath »

Disappointed also...
Gonna have to find a reason why my Twi'Lek & my Human have the same last name... Haven't really thought about connecting them much more than that.
My first idea right now, would be the name of a orphanage or find a connection between them to explain why they go by the same last name.
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

I like the system! And I already know how it willl all make sense ^^
My twi'Kemp smuggler alt will be written into Yoonbak's backstory, and will have reasons for taking the same tribe surname as Yoonbak ("Nath", Yoonbako'nath). So say the alt name was Oreo hehe, he would be Ore of the Onath legacy/Ore Onath, since that would be basic translation of Oreo'nath.

Not gonna name any character Oreo.
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS