Time is running down

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Re: Time is running down

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Not long now folks!

I won't be playing this until I get my early access and can download the client, unless my hard copy arrives first. I'll not be doing the beta, so it will all be shiny and new for me.

Looking forward to playing along with you all. Can't wait to dress JJ up in some good looking clothes and doing some funky roleplay. The first words JJ will utter once in game are 'Everybody relax, I'm here'.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Jens Jutoon wrote:
I won't be playing this until I get my early access and can download the client, unless my hard copy arrives first. I'll not be doing the beta, so it will all be shiny and new for me.
Hum considering it took my PC 3 days to download the beta/Marketing client I might not go for the Beta weekends unless the Beta can be patched up to Release version (though this will be highly unlikely).
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

There are butterflies in my stomach every day now :lol:
I know this game is so solid that the enjopyment factor will only be up to oneself really. And we're bringin' it!

I'm in on the Mumble server, if the sums aren't high. How much per month for a server?
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

Yoonbak Onath wrote: I'm in on the Mumble server, if the sums aren't high. How much per month for a server?
Looks like around 10 USD / month for 25 concurrent users, could be less if we had less users or if we prepay a few months in advance. A little more if we need more concurrent users. I had been using a different server company for my WOW guild but it looks like we could get tkm.mumble.com for our server name. The other company had really awkward server names.

Mumble really is leaps and bounds ahead of the other services. Full duplex so you can interrupt to say "Get out of the fire er, force lightning!" Next to zero latentcy, the delay on vent was shocking once we realized how long it was. And auto leveling of input levels on all clients so voice volumes are much more consistent. I'm a fan!

I think I might just go ahead and set up the service for us if that's cool, it'd be cool to have it running for beta. Does 25 slots seem about right?
Kaetha
Founder
SWTOR Characters: Kaetha Amathi

Post by Kaetha »

Hold that thought Xenn, we might have some other options we can consider as well, but I do appreciate the offer and we will let you know. Must admit ti does sound good.
Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

We're all looking forward to it very much. And it's good to see what the guild has grown into. From the small band of ragtag people I joined in April to this wonderful lot so close to release.

As for me, I will be trying out the Beta, but will not play a consular. However I do intend to make a character for my consular to decide on looks ;)

I would also like to cast my vote here for Mumble. Have had previous experiences with it and it does beat nearly every other voice chat I have used.
Slide
Quartermaster
SWTOR Characters: Slide, Myreen
SteamID: Slidemoon
PSN Username: slidemoon
Xbox Live Gamertag: Slide Moon

Post by Slide »

I've never used Mumble, but I trust the experience here so I welcome it if people want it.

Anyone got the actual beta key yet? No sign of it except the mail stating we're in, but not when or how.

"Nice pants. Where you got them, Tightooine?"

Myreen - Guardian - damage dealer
Slide - Scoundrel - damage dealer
Jacynn - Vanguard - Tank
Zyall - Juggernaut - damage dealer
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

Mumble is super, and I'd happily chip in some monies to pay for it.
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Post by Zenosis »

Slide wrote:I've never used Mumble, but I trust the experience here so I welcome it if people want it.

Anyone got the actual beta key yet? No sign of it except the mail stating we're in, but not when or how.
Got my Beta-key entered it on the SWTOR site not heard anything since.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

Xenn wrote:
Yoonbak Onath wrote: I'm in on the Mumble server, if the sums aren't high. How much per month for a server?
Looks like around 10 USD / month for 25 concurrent users, could be less if we had less users or if we prepay a few months in advance.
(...)
At $10 a month, I could take care of a month or two per year. It's not much when you convert to Norwegian currency. I just saw Twilight at the cinema with my wife and her friends - $18 a ticket. If Mumble really is as smooth as people say, I'm all for getting it for launch. Lag and delays sucks!
Zenosis wrote:Got my Beta-key entered it on the SWTOR site not heard anything since.
Check out the @SWTOR feed on Twitter. They say we will be notified per email when we can download the client. Beta weekend starts on Friday (OMMAZGZ!!!).
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS