SWTOR game settings

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Kensertim
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Kenser

Re: SWTOR game settings

Post by Kensertim »

Like Friesian i like a few action bars up from the start so I get used to them, and like Jen i like the feel of a darker game, it adds to the atmosphere. In a blacked out room and or at night as well something about playing a game in the dark is captivating. Names over heads is a must for me thoguh I ignore them, but with all the costume changes everyone has it is hard to notice a toon striaght off. the same argument about ppl walking up and saying 'Hi Bob' applies, cos they don't know you, cos you may know them but not recognise the toon. and i am starting to confuse myself now, which was my plan all along....
Illegal is such a harsh word, sir

Machior
Lieutenant
SWTOR Characters: Serra Lightblade

Post by Machior »

Yoonbak Onath wrote:
  • if their buddies are running away from them (wait for Yoonyooon! Mesa commin!)
Serra might suddenly feel an urge to give you a lot of pain, should you ever utter those last bracketed words... lots of pain... *nods*
Amtath
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Shraun Amtath

Post by Amtath »

During the beta, I activated auto loot and area looting. Makes things a lot easier.
Also activated the companion gear comparison. Too bad it doesn't work for not in the party companion.

And for walking, I dare you to walk on Coruscant from the senate to your ship. ;) :lol:
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training"
Shraun Amtath - Jedi Knight
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

:mrgreen: Lets walk the walk one time as proud TKM.....
Tym
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tymran

Post by Tym »

Friesian wrote::mrgreen: Lets walk the walk one time as proud TKM.....
Youre gonna have to drag my ass all the way since i aint gonna do it ((o:
As for PC/NPC labels i found it pretty handsome to turn on enemy NPC labels after i got my ass handed to my on silver platter by two elite mobs (o: -> star mean summon companion or stay the f**k away.
Never tell me the odds!
Malgunn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Malgunn

Post by Malgunn »

Tym wrote:
Friesian wrote::mrgreen: Lets walk the walk one time as proud TKM.....
Youre gonna have to drag my ass all the way since i aint gonna do it ((o:
As for PC/NPC labels i found it pretty handsome to turn on enemy NPC labels after i got my ass handed to my on silver platter by two elite mobs (o: -> star mean summon companion or stay the f**k away.
ive been working on a mod that makes the edges of your screen shimmer red once when you have gained aggro.. more on this as later :)

Malgunn Galazin
Smuggler ¦ Scoundrel ¦ Trader

SMUGGLERS: Don’t go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path. . . and leave a burning trail
Xenn
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Okori & Xenn

Post by Xenn »

Amtath wrote:During the beta, I activated auto loot and area looting. Makes things a lot easier.
Also activated the companion gear comparison. Too bad it doesn't work for not in the party companion.

And for walking, I dare you to walk on Coruscant from the senate to your ship. ;) :lol:
Yea I added these settings too, so happy they did AOE looting! I also went for the "show party as operation frames" cranked up the size a bit and brought it closer to the center. Really happy this works, just need hover cast macros for the full clique effect. Oh and dragged the chat window to the bottom left, wish I could move the companion window...

Speaking of graphics settings, there are some comments on the MMOChampion forums that the weekend stress test beta didn't have the full texture set. Can anyone who has the full beta comment on if the textures look better than some of the screenshots coming out of the weekend beta?

Walking is definitely not going to work, planets are way too huge. I commented in my beta feedback that it would be nice if we could get our sprint ability when we leave our starting planet as opposed to 5 levels later.
BadJawa
Ex-member

Post by BadJawa »

Wotcha everyone,

I tend to keep names on, because it's really, really hard for me to recognise faces in MMOs.

And if I can't "recognise" faces, I inadvertantly ignore my character's friends.

So for me, floating names are a useful, if not vital thing. I am jealous of those who can do without. ;)

Cheers,
Hawley.
Subtlety is for other people.
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

A nice feature in SWTOR is that when you mouse over a character, name and some info is displayed in the right bottom corner of the screen.

I will keep names off and minimize UI as much as possible in general, but only to the point where it hinders actual RP or teamwork in operations or flashpoints.

In solo pve I have so far successfully played with the UI turned off. But I have the UI toggle on one of my 3 extra mouse buttons just in case.
EDIT: This is also why I hope speak bubbles will not be considered part of the UI when they are added in the game.
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Cheesey
Ex-member

Post by Cheesey »

Only trouble I have with switching off floaty names, is that in any MMO there isn't a great difference between one gnome/dwarf/cyborg etc. and the next. Floating names off means I would run past fellow guildies and life would just become a graphical solo game with added chat channel.

So if I wave at anyone and they think I wouldn't know them et, just assume i tagged you with some tracer nanobots :p TBH i feel floaty names just does the job our eyes do IRL (where people are a little more diverse lol)
Left guild because I joined light Rp guild and not what I class as as heavy RP guild . Cant be doing with OP and flashpoints IC sorry.
Plus I was sure it was called The Kestrel Minority and not JenDoons Ego.