SWTOR game settings

Forum for general discussion about everything SWTOR.
Yoonbak Onath
SWTOR Characters: Yoonbak Onath

SWTOR game settings

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

Here are my plans so far for game and UI options in SWTOR:
  • full graphics
  • no visible character names above heads
  • UI is pretty much unchangable? - as little UI stuff as possible obscuring my view
Now let me hear your settings preferences - especially from the lucky beta bastards!
Could some of those maybe post screens of the settings/options windows in SWTOR?

As a side note, I plan to never let my character run unless it makes sense. All in favor say "Aye"!
Yoonbak Onath Shadow - Defensive Combat - Synthweaver Tank
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Yehnai Guardian - Form V Perfectionist DPS
Zenosis
Old-timer
SWTOR Characters: San'dra Jerro, Sorania Jerro

Re: SWTOR game settings

Post by Zenosis »

I will go with identical sttings as you yoonbak except I might open an extra action bar, think their is that option.

any MMO I play the first thing I do is switch off names above Players/NPC's if thats possible ofcourse. no names gives better RP immersion, I hate people that call themselves roleplayers when they first see you and say your name even if you haven't said a word.
Republic:
San'dra Jerro (lv58 Miralukan Jedi Sentinel)
Addiena Jerrol (lv53 Human Vanguard)
Sorania Jerro (Lv54 Miralukan Jedi Healer)
Aveline Jerrol (Lv39 Human Smuggler)
Imperials
Zenosis (lv60 Human Sniper)
Kavana Jerro (lv54 Miralukan Juggernaught)
Ruriko (Lv54 Human (Cybernetics) Mercenary)
Kiantarus (Sith Assassain, Sith Pure Blood)
Xylae
Ex-member

Post by Xylae »

Zenosis wrote:I will go with identical sttings as you yoonbak except I might open an extra action bar, think their is that option.

any MMO I play the first thing I do is switch off names above Players/NPC's if thats possible ofcourse. no names gives better RP immersion, I hate people that call themselves roleplayers when they first see you and say your name even if you haven't said a word.
Hate that too, so annoying... happened to me on LOTRO, he says "Hey Elamplas!" (LOTRO name) "How do you know my name?" I say. The guy says "It's above your head, idiot" calling me the idiot o.O
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

I always leave floating player names on, but don't call them by there name, unless I already know them. I don't find the look of the characters individual enough to be able to distinguish between different players. Maybe SWTOR is better for that?

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Friesian
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Xru

Post by Friesian »

hehe ... i feel you guys need point out if i do soemthing wrong in RP...
so sorry upfront lol

i always have 4 bars up and try get used to them from start
love names and titels on , but is more related to my little sight problem. i can see that it can get a bit 'messy' in roleplay if you know a lot just by reading
need to see how all goes
Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

Jens Jutoon wrote:I always leave floating player names on, but don't call them by there name, unless I already know them. I don't find the look of the characters individual enough to be able to distinguish between different players. Maybe SWTOR is better for that?
*Mind trick handwave*
"You will forget that there has ever been an MMO before SWTOR, especially WoW"

Anyway, I can see the use of titles as useful, but you can click players and the name will show in your UI or above the head, right?
Friesian wrote:hehe ... i feel you guys need point out if i do soemthing wrong in RP...
You're in the awesomesest guild evar to be a well-meaning RP noob like me.
Yobem Onath Scoundrel - Close/Medium Range Combat - Musician - Materials Smuggler DPS
Tym
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Tymran

Post by Tym »

Yoonbak Onath wrote:As a side note, I plan to never let my character run unless it makes sense. All in favor say "Aye"!
Now i have to say a word on the matter. I have always hated when people associated not running with good RP thats just BS (o: Please dont take that as criticism, or guideline as how to roleplay. More like a small poke to think it over again. I have yet to see an MMO where any avatar walk naturally not like i "damn i just shat my pants". For me it actually breaks the immersion when my character walks around looking like having life threatening digestive problems.
Never tell me the odds!
JenDoon
Ex-member

Post by JenDoon »

I like my games to have that noir look, so whilst my graphics will be maxed (hello geforce gtx 580) I'll lower the colours, increase the contrast and make it slightly darker than normal.

In terms of name showing options, yeah I like a minimal UI. Thankfully I think there is a hoykey that turns everything off, I think.

I had to lol at the running thing, cause let me tell you..if you plan to walk all the time for roleplay reasons, enjoy being on your starter planet for 6 months. ; )
Jens Jutoon
Ex-member
SWTOR Characters: Jens Jutoon (JJ)

Post by Jens Jutoon »

Nah, i could never get into that 'walk' all the time thing for RP. It's a nice idea but a little to hard core for me. Now and again I will walk around, in small places or if we are in a sort of RP enviroment, like in a room during a meeting of some sort. Walking everywhere, no way, not me.

I was in a guild in WOW once, that decided to walk all the way from Goldshire to Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands. I lasted about 10 minutes.

Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger
Jen'ju - Jedi Knight
Yoonbak Onath

Post by Yoonbak Onath »

Thanks for the replies on walking! I guess you've made me a little more liberal with your different views. My new slogan is:

Yo, my characters won't run EVAR, exept
  • if their buddies are running away from them (wait for Yoonyooon! Mesa commin!)
  • they are pursuing someone or something that moves fast
  • they are on the way to something urgent
  • like takin a pi$$
Well all this is kinda jokish.
But, when thinking about it, there are not many times it does not makes sense to run. But it will be my goal to refrain from it when there no possible reason as to why char should run, and if there is, I'll always try to use a speeder instead. My chars are basically gonna turn out body type 4 all of them.